Ted Roof Comments

Black Saturday
Posts: 8666
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:22 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: 910
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:37 pm

In a nutshell, trouble in paradise - my summation, not his words. His number facts were skewed a little high on yardages and scores allowed against our D by Charlotte, as were numbers of returning starters on D this season. What I was wondering if anyone caught was that the "players were in mutiny" over a new scheme? Any truth to that?


BLACK SATURDAY

asu7
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:18 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by asu7 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:04 pm

I bet Drink didn’t realize they were given such short time to learn the schemes. Therefore he got mad. As he should.


Image

WataugaMan
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 478 times
Been thanked: 433 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:14 pm

asu7 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:04 pm
I bet Drink didn’t realize they were given such short time to learn the schemes.
I'm not sure about that, that seems to be something a head coach should be aware of. Nevertheless, if it is true that's something that would definitely anger anyone. Not saying this will happen, however, I would not be surprised to see Drink putting a shorter leash on Roof.



asu7
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:18 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by asu7 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:39 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:14 pm
asu7 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:04 pm
I bet Drink didn’t realize they were given such short time to learn the schemes.
I'm not sure about that, that seems to be something a head coach should be aware of. Nevertheless, if it is true that's something that would definitely anger anyone. Not saying this will happen, however, I would not be surprised to see Drink putting a shorter leash on Roof.
I can easily see that happening. At the end of the day Drink needs to win games to move on. Defense wins games especially the big games. I just think Drink thought the defense can run itself with roof but now he knows he will have to be more involved.

Roof on a shorter leash I think has to happen.


Image

t4pizza
Posts: 2787
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:00 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:56 pm

I seriously doubt Roof is on any shorter of a leash at all. He is our DC and will be for at least the rest of this season. New schemes, no terminology, new coaches/players, it is no surprise there are hiccups along the way. I have no doubt that Roof and the player will get the ship righted and I am equally as certain that Drink has faith in that as well. The man has been coaching defenses for almost as long as Drink has been alive, he knows what he is doing and what needs to be done to fix it or he wouldn't still be in the coaching ranks. Fans may think that they know coaches and can spot a good one but coaches are the ones that really recognize and know coaches. Drink didn't just randomly pick a friend to coach the DC, he picked someone that he knows can do the job on a championship level as a DC. All the naysayers just need to take a deep breath and let the season play out because we aren't getting rid of any coach in mid season.



guitarstrat82
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by guitarstrat82 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am
mike87 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am
Are we really hearing about disdain from the players or are we hearing about it from faceless posters on an open message board? Surely nobody really believes what you read on the internet.
There's definitely disdain from the players. You can hear it from Davis-Gaither in his post game interview. He specifically said they are trying to learn new plays. That's because the plays were introduced the day before.
Alright, I’ve been a lurker on this site for a long, long time. I used to work with the team, but due to the NDA I had to sign, I’ll just say it was within the past decade.

First off, everyone associated with the program (players, coaches, staff and etc) visit this site frequently. Everyone has to sign a NDA and this site is monitored for leaks. It really isn’t hard for them to figure out the source of inside information. No one wants to risk their job over a message board.

So, I’m not sure how you got this information, but someone is risking everything by telling you this if they really work with the team. They must really trust you, and boy would you have really violated that trust by posting this.

However, I doubt anyone told you this that has inside knowledge of the team. Introducing new plays the day before a game? I’m sorry, that’s just not how division 1 football works.

This site is full of false information and people take it as fact and regurgitate it. When I was with the team I never once saw something on here (at least in the public forums) about the inner workings of the team that was accurate.

Also, slightly off topic, but I don’t want to post again: What is all the 4-3 talk I’m seeing? I don’t think most of you know what a 3-4 for looks like. I would be happy if someone showed me some film of us running the 4-3. All I have seen this season is the 3-4. I’ve watched both games multiple times and I’m just not seeing this supposed 4-3 defense. I think a lot of people on here equate the poor defensive performance to the 4-3 because Roof said we would adopt a multi-front defense. He clearly has chosen performance over preference when he realized the 3-4 personal we had and has run a base 3-4 through both of our two games.

Give the man some time. New schemes don’t install themselves right away. Our team just needs to focus on the fundamentals right now. We gave up a lot of big plays while we had a good scheme going. The only way this happens is when players can’t finish the tackle or blow an assignment.

Have faith that they will study the film and get to work this week. We can only improve from here.

(Sorry for the rant, that concludes my one post for the next couple of years lol. I’ll still be on here reading (and so will the team, so please everyone, watch your words. We don’t want your negativity to spread to the locker room).



Black Saturday
Posts: 8666
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:22 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: 910
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:40 am

I'm sorry but I saw more open receivers than I've seen in a long time and a lot more YAC than we are used to seeing. Something isn't quite right. Great success last year, returning 7 starters? Why monkey with it?


BLACK SATURDAY

User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 1339
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 604 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 am

Brav3heart wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am
mike87 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am
Are we really hearing about disdain from the players or are we hearing about it from faceless posters on an open message board? Surely nobody really believes what you read on the internet.
There's definitely disdain from the players. You can hear it from Davis-Gaither in his post game interview. He specifically said they are trying to learn new plays. That's because the plays were introduced the day before.
Alright, I’ve been a lurker on this site for a long, long time. I used to work with the team, but due to the NDA I had to sign, I’ll just say it was within the past decade.

First off, everyone associated with the program (players, coaches, staff and etc) visit this site frequently. Everyone has to sign a NDA and this site is monitored for leaks. It really isn’t hard for them to figure out the source of inside information. No one wants to risk their job over a message board.

So, I’m not sure how you got this information, but someone is risking everything by telling you this if they really work with the team. They must really trust you, and boy would you have really violated that trust by posting this.

However, I doubt anyone told you this that has inside knowledge of the team. Introducing new plays the day before a game? I’m sorry, that’s just not how division 1 football works.

This site is full of false information and people take it as fact and regurgitate it. When I was with the team I never once saw something on here (at least in the public forums) about the inner workings of the team that was accurate.

Also, slightly off topic, but I don’t want to post again: What is all the 4-3 talk I’m seeing? I don’t think most of you know what a 3-4 for looks like. I would be happy if someone showed me some film of us running the 4-3. All I have seen this season is the 3-4. I’ve watched both games multiple times and I’m just not seeing this supposed 4-3 defense. I think a lot of people on here equate the poor defensive performance to the 4-3 because Roof said we would adopt a multi-front defense. He clearly has chosen performance over preference when he realized the 3-4 personal we had and has run a base 3-4 through both of our two games.

Give the man some time. New schemes don’t install themselves right away. Our team just needs to focus on the fundamentals right now. We gave up a lot of big plays while we had a good scheme going. The only way this happens is when players can’t finish the tackle or blow an assignment.

Have faith that they will study the film and get to work this week. We can only improve from here.

(Sorry for the rant, that concludes my one post for the next couple of years lol. I’ll still be on here reading (and so will the team, so please everyone, watch your words. We don’t want your negativity to spread to the locker room).
I'm not contradicting anything you say, but I will make one observation. Your date as joining Yosef's Cabin was December 19th, 2018 whereas the Drink was hired on December 13th, 2018. Some people might think you are part of the coaching staff. I don't, but some people might.



BallantyneApp
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 am

Brav3heart wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am
mike87 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am
Are we really hearing about disdain from the players or are we hearing about it from faceless posters on an open message board? Surely nobody really believes what you read on the internet.
There's definitely disdain from the players. You can hear it from Davis-Gaither in his post game interview. He specifically said they are trying to learn new plays. That's because the plays were introduced the day before.
Alright, I’ve been a lurker on this site for a long, long time. I used to work with the team, but due to the NDA I had to sign, I’ll just say it was within the past decade.

First off, everyone associated with the program (players, coaches, staff and etc) visit this site frequently. Everyone has to sign a NDA and this site is monitored for leaks. It really isn’t hard for them to figure out the source of inside information. No one wants to risk their job over a message board.

So, I’m not sure how you got this information, but someone is risking everything by telling you this if they really work with the team. They must really trust you, and boy would you have really violated that trust by posting this.

However, I doubt anyone told you this that has inside knowledge of the team. Introducing new plays the day before a game? I’m sorry, that’s just not how division 1 football works.

This site is full of false information and people take it as fact and regurgitate it. When I was with the team I never once saw something on here (at least in the public forums) about the inner workings of the team that was accurate.

Also, slightly off topic, but I don’t want to post again: What is all the 4-3 talk I’m seeing? I don’t think most of you know what a 3-4 for looks like. I would be happy if someone showed me some film of us running the 4-3. All I have seen this season is the 3-4. I’ve watched both games multiple times and I’m just not seeing this supposed 4-3 defense. I think a lot of people on here equate the poor defensive performance to the 4-3 because Roof said we would adopt a multi-front defense. He clearly has chosen performance over preference when he realized the 3-4 personal we had and has run a base 3-4 through both of our two games.

Give the man some time. New schemes don’t install themselves right away. Our team just needs to focus on the fundamentals right now. We gave up a lot of big plays while we had a good scheme going. The only way this happens is when players can’t finish the tackle or blow an assignment.

Have faith that they will study the film and get to work this week. We can only improve from here.

(Sorry for the rant, that concludes my one post for the next couple of years lol. I’ll still be on here reading (and so will the team, so please everyone, watch your words. We don’t want your negativity to spread to the locker room).
You'll have to excuse my ignorance, i'm not a football coach or student of the game, but what I saw in the UNCC game on replay (watching maybe ~50% of the defensive plays) was 3 down linemen and a linebacker standing on the line running up and immediately engaging an offensive linemen. How is this different in practice from a 4-3?

If the answer is because there is only 3 down linemen, IMO that is semantics only.



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 1675 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am

Some of what Brav3heart said is accurate. One of those statement is, yes, we did not run a 4-3. The 3 DL plus LB upright on the line is what many refer to as a hybrid 3-4. It is a 3-4 base scheme with 4-3 coverage/pressure elements. As we have already discussed at nauseam, this scheme seemed to negate the strengths of our defense (LBs) and exploit the weakness of our defense (young DBs).

This is a message board, I do not think players/team personnel come here and treat it like anything different. There are plenty of positions to work for in a program of Apps size, some are more insulated than others.


The Appalachian State

RunawayJM
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by RunawayJM » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:25 am

Just from reading this thread, I’ll Provide my jump to conclusions thoughts.

Drink being a former OC, might have hired Roof because of his experience and Drink thinking he could hand over the defense to Roof and focus a large portion of his time on offense. It’s a common mistake that new HCs that we’re former OCs make.

After Saturday, hopefully Drink realized he needs to be more hands on with the defense either in practice or in the coaches meetings.

Installing plays or even worse new schemes on a Friday is mickie mouse crap and not FBS football. But if Drink didn’t have any direct oversight, I could see it happening.

Hopefully Saturday was a major learning experience for a new HC and staff that hasn’t coached much together.



AppStFan1
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: Fire Ted Roof

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:44 am

asu7 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:40 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:52 am
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:37 am
It is dumb to change now or during the year and would cause major confusion and basically start from scratch. Give him a few more weeks before we say for sure he has to go. If by week 7 things aren't better, than we know he has to go.

Bryan Brown was the coach I felt we would miss the most. Always thought Drink would be good on offense but never liked the Roof hire. Maybe he surprises us but who knows.

The one point about first post that is indeed different from previous regime is that we were installing a new defense and did not have the talent. All Roof had to do was copy the playbook and approach of Brown and he had a top 15 defense.
I say we let his stupid ass sit in the booth and have one of the returning app guys call plays from the sidelines. Then fire him in December. 40+ points to charlotte should be unacceptable and that should be made clear to Ted
I know it sounds good. Just harder to make those choices. I'm telling you Roof has a mega ego. He will become a huge problem and storm out the door if we did that. The best thing to do would have been to never hire him to begin with. Everyone knew it but Drink.

As for giving up over 40 to Charlotte. You are indeed right. If I'm Charlotte I am completely happy with result. If Roof sticks around then they could definitely beat us next time.
Not everyone knew it. I voiced my opinion numerous (probably too many) times about it and had to leave the board for a while until things calmed down. Lots of Roof supporters ... trust the visor .... blah blah and now look at our defense. The visor knows nothing of defense and Roof doesn’t either.


I don’t care about his ego. He should check that anyways. He needs to realize we have the personnel for a 3-4 scheme and are good at it. He should be watching tape right now figuring out how to bring it back. If we lose games because his ego then we are stupid for allowing that to happen. The heck with pride go back to the 3-4 in these next two weeks and let’s hit the holes in the face.
I completely trust Drink on offense but he even admitted he did not now much about defense. I was always with you on Roof. Roof does not know much about defense. Someone asked if he is so bad why does he get jobs? I can explain it easily. The good ole boys network. If you have friends who are very smart and they like you they will look out for you.

I agree about ego but watch I bet we will see more of same from Roof because he is very stubborn and full of himself. He thinks he is coming here to teach our team about what defense really is and in reality all he has done so far is show our players that Bryan Brown is truly the real deal. Drink has my confidence overall but if we lose 4 games and he keeps Roof then I will be completely against him unless he makes massive changes on defense next year.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this. I like Drink a lot and truly want him to stay here for a long time. I just don't want him to keep Roof around just because he is a friend. If the defense does not improve then changes must be made.



Appster99
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Fire Ted Roof

Unread post by Appster99 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:20 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:44 am
asu7 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:40 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:52 am
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:37 am
It is dumb to change now or during the year and would cause major confusion and basically start from scratch. Give him a few more weeks before we say for sure he has to go. If by week 7 things aren't better, than we know he has to go.

Bryan Brown was the coach I felt we would miss the most. Always thought Drink would be good on offense but never liked the Roof hire. Maybe he surprises us but who knows.

The one point about first post that is indeed different from previous regime is that we were installing a new defense and did not have the talent. All Roof had to do was copy the playbook and approach of Brown and he had a top 15 defense.
I say we let his stupid ass sit in the booth and have one of the returning app guys call plays from the sidelines. Then fire him in December. 40+ points to charlotte should be unacceptable and that should be made clear to Ted
I know it sounds good. Just harder to make those choices. I'm telling you Roof has a mega ego. He will become a huge problem and storm out the door if we did that. The best thing to do would have been to never hire him to begin with. Everyone knew it but Drink.

As for giving up over 40 to Charlotte. You are indeed right. If I'm Charlotte I am completely happy with result. If Roof sticks around then they could definitely beat us next time.
Not everyone knew it. I voiced my opinion numerous (probably too many) times about it and had to leave the board for a while until things calmed down. Lots of Roof supporters ... trust the visor .... blah blah and now look at our defense. The visor knows nothing of defense and Roof doesn’t either.


I don’t care about his ego. He should check that anyways. He needs to realize we have the personnel for a 3-4 scheme and are good at it. He should be watching tape right now figuring out how to bring it back. If we lose games because his ego then we are stupid for allowing that to happen. The heck with pride go back to the 3-4 in these next two weeks and let’s hit the holes in the face.
I completely trust Drink on offense but he even admitted he did not now much about defense. I was always with you on Roof. Roof does not know much about defense. Someone asked if he is so bad why does he get jobs? I can explain it easily. The good ole boys network. If you have friends who are very smart and they like you they will look out for you.

I agree about ego but watch I bet we will see more of same from Roof because he is very stubborn and full of himself. He thinks he is coming here to teach our team about what defense really is and in reality all he has done so far is show our players that Bryan Brown is truly the real deal. Drink has my confidence overall but if we lose 4 games and he keeps Roof then I will be completely against him unless he makes massive changes on defense next year.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this. I like Drink a lot and truly want him to stay here for a long time. I just don't want him to keep Roof around just because he is a friend. If the defense does not improve then changes must be made.
I don't understand how someone could think any coach at the college level, especially a successful one, "did not now (sic) much about defense". You can't call plays without understanding a defensive scheme and still win games. You look at defenses, study their tendencies within a scheme, and call plays based on that understanding. You can manhandle some opponents based on imposing your will with superior athleticism, but there is zero chance Drink has has the success he has had in his career without a thorough understanding of defense. This is the highest level of college football, not Pop Warner. To say Drink or Roof do not know about defense is insane.



Yosef10
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 363 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:29 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:40 am
I'm sorry but I saw more open receivers than I've seen in a long time and a lot more YAC than we are used to seeing. Something isn't quite right. Great success last year, returning 7 starters? Why monkey with it?
It’s almost like we lost 2 CB’s to NFL rosters. Like, I’m not trying to be rude, but do you really not take stuff like that into consideration before posting? Do you honestly think a sunbelt program has the ability to just reload on the fly like that? If you do you’re going to be massively disappointed in App State for years to come. Also, did some of y’all think Bryan Brown was just going to leave his playbook in some secret spot with clues to Ted Roof on where to find it? We were the 4th ranked d in the country and lost our 4 most important pieces from that unit, it was obvious to anyone that we would take a step back on that side of the ball this year. Anyone who says or thinks otherwise is either disingenuous or just doesn’t know much about college football at the G5 level.



AppStFan1
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: Fire Ted Roof

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:20 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:44 am
asu7 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:40 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:52 am
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 am


I say we let his stupid ass sit in the booth and have one of the returning app guys call plays from the sidelines. Then fire him in December. 40+ points to charlotte should be unacceptable and that should be made clear to Ted
I know it sounds good. Just harder to make those choices. I'm telling you Roof has a mega ego. He will become a huge problem and storm out the door if we did that. The best thing to do would have been to never hire him to begin with. Everyone knew it but Drink.

As for giving up over 40 to Charlotte. You are indeed right. If I'm Charlotte I am completely happy with result. If Roof sticks around then they could definitely beat us next time.
Not everyone knew it. I voiced my opinion numerous (probably too many) times about it and had to leave the board for a while until things calmed down. Lots of Roof supporters ... trust the visor .... blah blah and now look at our defense. The visor knows nothing of defense and Roof doesn’t either.


I don’t care about his ego. He should check that anyways. He needs to realize we have the personnel for a 3-4 scheme and are good at it. He should be watching tape right now figuring out how to bring it back. If we lose games because his ego then we are stupid for allowing that to happen. The heck with pride go back to the 3-4 in these next two weeks and let’s hit the holes in the face.
I completely trust Drink on offense but he even admitted he did not now much about defense. I was always with you on Roof. Roof does not know much about our defense. Someone asked if he is so bad why does he get jobs? I can explain it easily. The good ole boys network. If you have friends who are very smart and they like you they will look out for you.

I agree about ego but watch I bet we will see more of same from Roof because he is very stubborn and full of himself. He thinks he is coming here to teach our team about what defense really is and in reality all he has done so far is show our players that Bryan Brown is truly the real deal. Drink has my confidence overall but if we lose 4 games and he keeps Roof then I will be completely against him unless he makes massive changes on defense next year.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this. I like Drink a lot and truly want him to stay here for a long time. I just don't want him to keep Roof around just because he is a friend. If the defense does not improve then changes must be made.
I don't understand how someone could think any coach at the college level, especially a successful one, "did not now (sic) much about defense". You can't call plays without understanding a defensive scheme and still win games. You look at defenses, study their tendencies within a scheme, and call plays based on that understanding. You can manhandle some opponents based on imposing your will with superior athleticism, but there is zero chance Drink has has the success he has had in his career without a thorough understanding of defense. This is the highest level of college football, not Pop Warner. To say Drink or Roof do not know about defense is insane.
I meant to put our defense in there. Of course, he knows about defense in general. There were many on here who thought it was a great hire and blindly trusted while some of us felt Roof was not going to do well here. We will see.

There is no way Roof actually put out a fake defense ahead of UNC. I don't see coaches taking that risk and I don't see him doing it.

We have TWO weeks to prepare for them and UNC is likely going to overlook us a little bit for Clemson. We are suppose to be a cake walk. Everything has lined up for us to surprise them. If we don't show well at all and then look bad the next two weeks I will completely hit the panic button. I agree it is early to do it now but the season does not last long and with our talent it is not like we have 2 months to do so. It all needs to come together by the end of this month or we could have two losses before we hit the strength of our schedule.



Cro-Magnon App
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:25 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Western South Carolina
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Ain't any coaches reading a message board.



AppStFan1
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:25 pm
Ain't any coaches reading a message board.
I know for a fact 100% that we have had coaches who do. I'm not sure about anyone on this current staff because smartly coaches don't care. However, back in 2003 and 2004 I know some coaches did because when we won the NC in 2005 a couple coaches made comments to folks I know after the game such as "and you guys wanted us gone last year" and "guess we saved our jobs". I know they read the board because those folks never told those coaches that. They said those type of things on the MMB. Coaches and players should ignore but the bottom line is that they do. When some come on here who said they played at App or worked at App you know they heard of the board back when they were at App.

Here is the thing though. Egos of men prevent us from caring when people doubt us and we use it as fuel to the fire or just ignore completely. That's why I know if Roof is reading this board he won't worry. He will instead double down and ignore or do whatever he planned because coaches think all fans are morons. The reality is though all of them were fans at one point just like the players were. Just because a school hires you does not mean you don't have any fandom left in you.



User avatar
hotrod2001
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:26 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:40 pm

Meanwhile, Charlotte is up three TD's against UMass halfway through the first quarter. Can we start acknowledging that they've vastly improved from last year?



User avatar
App91
Posts: 3351
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by App91 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:52 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:40 pm
Meanwhile, Charlotte is up three TD's against UMass halfway through the first quarter. Can we start acknowledging that they've vastly improved from last year?
No! Never!



AppinVA
Posts: 11597
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1323 times
Been thanked: 1122 times

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm

It’s 31-10 at the half.


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 155 users online :: 1 registered, 1 hidden and 153 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: RunDMC1 and 153 guests