Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Two things we have going for us against UNC

ASUTodd
School: Appalachian State

Two things we have going for us against UNC

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:41 pm

#1. Coach Drink has an intimate knowledge of the Tarholes and their place. I know they have a new staff but he's been there. He can tell the players what to expect and look out for. I see this as a huge plus. Just being able to tell the guys, I've been in that place before. I've won there before.... That's huge in my book.

#2. After this weeks performance I think UNC is taking us lightly. They are all worried about the game after us. They get the big dawg Clemson.... Everyone I have talked to has written off Wake and App and are all talking about Clemson. I know Mack Brown will try to keep them focused but I know how players are.... Look back at Michigan, Tenn, Penn St. Even when people respect us they still overlook us.

In the end we can beat these guys. It won't be easy and our defense MUST pull it's heads from their butts. #beatunc

ASUGrad2014

Re: Two things we have going for us against UNC

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:51 pm

I have faith in this team and coaching staff. See everyone in a couple weeks at the UNC game.

#trustthevisor

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:06 pm

No coach, I don’t care how bad they are, would look at our defensive performance yesterday and be happy. We’ve got an open week next week. I’m looking forward to how the defense is improved in two weeks. It may not be enough of an improvement, but I guarantee they will be better than they were yesterday.

Finally, we can say BEAT UNC!!!!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:17 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:41 pm
#1. Coach Drink has an intimate knowledge of the Tarholes and their place. I know they have a new staff but he's been there. He can tell the players what to expect and look out for. I see this as a huge plus. Just being able to tell the guys, I've been in that place before. I've won there before.... That's huge in my book.

#2. After this weeks performance I think UNC is taking us lightly. They are all worried about the game after us. They get the big dawg Clemson.... Everyone I have talked to has written off Wake and App and are all talking about Clemson. I know Mack Brown will try to keep them focused but I know how players are.... Look back at Michigan, Tenn, Penn St. Even when people respect us they still overlook us.

In the end we can beat these guys. It won't be easy and our defense MUST pull it's heads from their butts. #beatunc
I was at both the Michigan and Penn St. games. I can tell you that App. St. was not overlooked by either team. The Michigan game was the classic matchup of size vs. speed. We won that day. The Penn St. game was played on more equal footing. We went toe to toe with them into overtime.

To think UNC is taking us lightly is either naive or wishful thinking. They are going to give App. everything they have. They've probably been listening to their alumni who have had this game circled since the schedule was announced. UNC would like nothing more than a smack down. Fine. Bring it.

No one on our team has head in butt, but I do think perhaps we should work on some tacking drills in practice.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:25 pm

For what it’s worth

Wake is favored by 3.5 over the Holes
BLACK SATURDAY

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:38 pm

anybody know when App @ UNC KO time will be released???

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:49 pm

I have waited for this game for 50 years - since the day I stepped on APP campus! I am ready! My UNC grad daughter and former employee of UNC athletics will be with me and is trying to keep me calm.
Bring Your A Game!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:50 pm

9Steelman wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:38 pm
anybody know when App @ UNC KO time will be released???
I think it's tomorrow or Tuesday.

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:52 pm

#BEATCHEAT
The mountains are calling and I must go

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”