Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State in the College Football Hall of Fame.

AppfaninCAALand
School: Appalachian State

App State in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:12 pm

I'm by myself in suburban Atlanta for work for a few weeks, with weekends off. I didn't feel like going home this weekend so I went downtown to the College Football Hall of Fame. If you have not been, I recommend it highly. It made for a delightful morning. And I was suprised how many times I saw and heard reference to App State, from the life-sized photo of Zac Thomas greeting me at the front door (there was a diaplay of each defending FBS conference champ) to the obligatory inclusion of Lynch's game winning block at Michigan in a video display of college football's greatest moments. Sadly, that play was not included among the interactive "Call your own play-by-play" display - no making your own yardsale at the Big House. When you get there, you get a scan card and you register your favorite team. And then many of the interactive exhibits will be tailored to your school. Dexter Coakley is included many times in their signature film about playing the game, and App game footage appears in that film at least 3 to 4 times that I saw.

A very nice Georgia State grad working there saw my App hat and we had a nice talk about our mutual dislike of Ga Southern. She was telling me she had a chance to meet Coach Moore at a ceremony there a few weeks back and he was one of the nicest Hall member she had ever met and she has met a lot.

Anyway, I really recommend the place. If I had a complaint, as a history museum buff I would have liked it to be larger with more artifacts and more inclusion of smaller schools and more focus on the pre-modern game. They did have some interesting displays on the history of tailgating, marching bands, and strength training. And I particularly enjoyed the displays on the evolution of equipment - old helmets, cleats, jerseys, and such.

And since the Hall recognizes every school an inductee has a history with, the HOF officially states App State has three Hall members with the induction of Mack Brown in the 2018 class.

Return to “Appalachian Football”