Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game week at UNC

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Game week at UNC

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:34 am

It’s game week at UNC. This is one we’ve been wanting for a long time and it’s a big game for our program. It’s a big game because, well, we really want to beat UNC, but more than that we really have to start getting these P5 wins. After getting a chance to watch UNC play, I for one have climbed down off the ledge and I see this as a very winnable game. So what do we need to do to make this happen?

Special teams: no mistakes and give us one game changing play. It doesn’t have to be a score but that would be great.

Offense: Zach is going to need to make plays with his feet and his arm. He can do both. The O line is going to need their very best game to date. I would love to see us get the TE’s involved in the passing game. If we can get #3, the accelerator into the secondary untouched he’s going to the house. Henni, Virgil, and Sutton can all get it done against their secondary. This is the O lines time to strap it up and get it done, and they can!!!

Defense: somebody on the D line is going to need a breakout game. Who’s going to step up and play in backfield? Our backers and safeties are plenty capable but need to get back to playing fast and instinctual. One of the new corners is going to need to man up in single coverage. We will need one turnover.

AppAlum1

Re: Game week at UNC

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Good post! I agree.

As to the D, I would add that we need to tackle WAY better than last week. And, I think we will.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”