Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Undefeated FBS teams

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Undefeated FBS teams

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:58 am

We are one of 35 (out of 130) undefeated FBS teams. There are 4 match ups of other undefeated teams playing Saturday. A win by us drops that list to 31. That will be cool. We need to be remaining on the National Championship Eliminator list that could be coming out. :D :D :D :D

bigdaddyg

Re: Undefeated FBS teams

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:13 am

I count 26

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:14 am

I count 26

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:11 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:14 am
I count 26
correction....23

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:01 am

and now there are only 22.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Cal lost last night as well. No one cannabilizes themselves quite like the PAC-12.
YNWA

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:00 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:18 pm
Cal lost last night as well. No one cannabilizes themselves quite like the PAC-12.
Down to 19

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:01 pm

1-0
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:59 pm

UAB lost. The MAC and CUSA are officially out of the NY6 hunt.

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

Only undefeated G5’s that remain.
YNWA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:21 am

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:59 pm

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

Too early to talk about this. Let's actually win the SBC before we debate this. I fear we will jinx ourselves. I wish we could hold off on this type talk until there really appears to be a chance.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:03 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:21 am
ah59396 wrote:

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

Too early to talk about this. Let's actually win the SBC before we debate this. I fear we will jinx ourselves. I wish we could hold off on this type talk until there really appears to be a chance.
This may be the only thing I agree with you about. I, too, am superstitious. We're going to find out what sort of team we really have on Wed. night, October 9th. The La-La-Cajuns are for real and they have concrete reasons and plenty of time to be planning an ambush. We aren't liked down there...not even a little bit. And it starts at the top with Billy Napier--who after all these years still bleeds Furple-Purple!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:25 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

Me, posting on a message board, has zero outcome on upcoming App State football games. I assure you.

If I had that kind of power, I’d be riding around on a golden chariot being fanned and fed dates like a Roman senator.
YNWA

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:32 am

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:25 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

Me, posting on a message board, has zero outcome on upcoming App State football games. I assure you.

If I had that kind of power, I’d be riding around on a golden chariot being fanned and fed dates like a Roman senator.
And the fact still remains that the ONLY way we even sniff the NY6 game is to go unbeaten. I don’t consider myself in the delusional segment of our fan base. I 100% understand that we have 8 regular season games left, many of which will be tough. That being said if we were sitting 3-1 now this discussion would be mostly moot.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:41 am

asu66 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:03 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

This may be the only thing I agree with you about. I, too, am superstitious. We're going to find out what sort of team we really have on Wed. night, October 9th. The La-La-Cajuns are for real and they have concrete reasons and plenty of time to be planning an ambush. We aren't liked down there...not even a little bit. And it starts at the top with Billy Napier--who after all these years still bleeds Furple-Purple!
I know many on here think because we are fans it is okay but worrying about things we can't control and jinxing ourselves is not fun to me. It is far better to take it one game at a time and let things decided on outsiders play out. Drink preaches one game at a time and having that culture extend outside the locker room to all of us would not be a bad thing. I hope nobody is overlooking any opponent because we could lose our next game or several others for sure.

Many on here were making excuses in preseason saying that 3 losses would not be a bad season but then have so many obsessed with being ranked. If anyone thinks we can lose 3 games and still be ranked they are mistaken. I am not sure finishing 12-2 after a bowl game would get us ranked. 13-1 would but only if our loss is to South Carolina. If we lose to Louisiana then we can forget a ranking unless we completely run the table after that and sneak in the final poll.

Napier is a great coach. We better improve on defense between now and then. They have a great offense and could put a loss on us. Should they? No. Could they? Definitely.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:29 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:41 am
asu66 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

I know many on here think because we are fans it is okay but worrying about things we can't control and jinxing ourselves is not fun to me. It is far better to take it one game at a time and let things decided on outsiders play out. Drink preaches one game at a time and having that culture extend outside the locker room to all of us would not be a bad thing. I hope nobody is overlooking any opponent because we could lose our next game or several others for sure.

Many on here were making excuses in preseason saying that 3 losses would not be a bad season but then have so many obsessed with being ranked. If anyone thinks we can lose 3 games and still be ranked they are mistaken. I am not sure finishing 12-2 after a bowl game would get us ranked. 13-1 would but only if our loss is to South Carolina. If we lose to Louisiana then we can forget a ranking unless we completely run the table after that and sneak in the final poll.

Napier is a great coach. We better improve on defense between now and then. They have a great offense and could put a loss on us. Should they? No. Could they? Definitely.
Jinxes aren’t real.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:36 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:29 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
asu66 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

Jinxes aren’t real.
Probably right East but just in case I’m keeping my rabbits foot, four leaf clover, throwing salt over my shoulder and knocking on wood. The guys who worry to death about us who look ahead want to pull up these threads and tell us I told you so if things don’t work out.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:50 am

EastHallApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
asu66 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

Jinxes aren’t real.
Karma is real and many others believe in jinxing. Ever say something can't happen and then it happens? I hear announcers say things such as bringing up a trend all the time and suddenly those things. That's why I like our 1-0 mentality. Forget last week and don't think about distractions.

Again, I think we should and can win every game we play because we have some stud players but I have been around football a long time and you can't take anything for granted. This game will humble you. We aren't so good that our players can overlook anyone. As long as our coaches and players just worry about the current opponent and take it one game at a time though I feel we can do something special. If we handle our business then nobody cares what the voters do. Winning big ultimately will force them to rank us eventually though.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:08 am

EastHallApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
asu66 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

App
Boise
SMU
Memphis

Jinxes aren’t real.
Maybe the constellation of the Winged Horse will be descending will Mars is in opposition to an ascending node of Uranus. If that happens I am sure we will be in the NY6. /s

I am sure our players and coaches read news clippings and some social media about themselves and the team but if they are reading message boards and then letting message board material get in their head then there is not much we can do anyway.

Jinx’s, star positions, and giving someone from the Stink the stink eye is not going to change a game.

Practice, training, diet, and study will effect the game and that is what I expect they are doing.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:19 am

[/quote]

Maybe the constellation of the Winged Horse will be descending will Mars is in opposition to an ascending node of Uranus. If that happens I am sure we will be in the NY6. /s

I am sure our players and coaches read news clippings and some social media about themselves and the team but if they are reading message boards and then letting message board material get in their head then there is not much we can do anyway.

Jinx’s, star positions, and giving someone from the Stink the stink eye is not going to change a game.

Practice, training, diet, and study will effect the game and that is what I expect they are doing.
[/quote]

You said Uranus........ :lol:
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:42 am

Just win baby!
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”