Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ted Roof Crow Thread - Come Get Your Dinner

97grad
School: Appalachian State

Re: Ted Roof Crow Thread - Come Get Your Dinner

Unread post by 97grad » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:04 pm

D definitely played well enough to win, but was significantly softer in the 2nd half. But the way things were looking if this game was 5 quarters we may well have lost IMO. Great to see the D moving in the right direction though.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:09 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:04 pm
Cramping-- UNCs field cooling system was not working. It was a million degrees on the field today.

Roof- alot has happened over the last frw days. I can't go into detail yet, but let's not go kissing Roof's butt quite yet. Look at the scheme, it was a lot different than what we did last two weeks.... For the better. Akeem was the roaming LB and we played back and patient. Stick with what works. All I can say is the defensive players rallied and showed up huge.

We won, we should've won, we deserved to win.
Interesting to hear about the cooling system; was this just on our side? A few Carolina fans by us were going on about how we had folks we had going down every other play and, from our vantage point it was hard to argue.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:52 pm

UNCC had their own cooling system on their sideline. Might be worth it to make that purchase. There's room in the truck for it.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:26 pm

97grad wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:09 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:04 pm
Cramping-- UNCs field cooling system was not working. It was a million degrees on the field today.

Roof- alot has happened over the last frw days. I can't go into detail yet, but let's not go kissing Roof's butt quite yet. Look at the scheme, it was a lot different than what we did last two weeks.... For the better. Akeem was the roaming LB and we played back and patient. Stick with what works. All I can say is the defensive players rallied and showed up huge.

We won, we should've won, we deserved to win.
Interesting to hear about the cooling system; was this just on our side? A few Carolina fans by us were going on about how we had folks we had going down every other play and, from our vantage point it was hard to argue.
Did you feel the difference once you sat in the shade vs. the sun, my kids certainly stopped nagging my us. Pretty simple to figure this one out without going to class.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:41 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:43 pm
Can someone post Drink’s post game presser. I’ve Googled for it with no luck. Thanks in advance.
I saw it on the app state football YouTube

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:57 pm

ukappfan wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:41 pm
HighPointApp wrote:
Can someone post Drink’s post game presser. I’ve Googled for it with no luck. Thanks in advance.
Ok... I love his confidence and that he doesn't give the BS coach answers. The one thing....one thing that drove me crazy....was when he would tap his hands on the table! Lol. He's a cocky guy, I like that a lot.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:42 pm

ukappfan wrote:
HighPointApp wrote:
Duh. Captain Obvious strikes again. Thanks for the link.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Absolutely love the end of the presser-one sign of a good boss is when they call out where credit is due and Drink did just that. I really hope we can hang onto this guy for a couple seasons.
Give 'em hell!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:30 pm

The Roof won the game.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:28 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:42 pm
ukappfan wrote:
HighPointApp wrote:
My apologies. Rereading my post it come off very snarky. I wrote the text then thought to add the link and then forgot to delete the text. It took me a little digging to find it also.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

My apologies. Rereading my post it come off very snarky. I wrote the text then thought to add the link and then forgot to delete the text. It took me a little digging to find it also.
[/quote]

We are good. Thanks for the post.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:32 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:57 pm
ukappfan wrote:
HighPointApp wrote:
Ok... I love his confidence and that he doesn't give the BS coach answers. The one thing....one thing that drove me crazy....was when he would tap his hands on the table! Lol. He's a cocky guy, I like that a lot.
Yep. Just like you. j/k
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Tell you what I like...Isaw Zac hug Drink when the clock hit 0.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm
Tell you what I like...Isaw Zac hug Drink when the clock hit 0.
Loved seeing Drink jump up on the wall and celebrate with the players. They seemed to really enjoy it as well.
Give 'em hell!

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:36 pm

He was hyped! Wonder how many green drinks he had. Love the confidence and his support of his team and coaches.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Keep Roof on the Roof Top (in the Press Box).
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:01 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:16 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:59 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:37 am
Look guys.. Roof has been calling plays from the field for years. It's not new to him. It's not like he had to get a different view to call the plays.

Drink made a decision because of events through the week for Gaspo and Roof to change roles this week. Whether it's a permanent change or not, we will find out next week.
Check out the postgame presser with Drink. Besides it being thoroughly entertaining, he definitely confirms he sent Roof to the box, but it doesn’t sound like Roof wasn’t making the calls. Obviously, having Gasp on the sidelines creates a dynamic where calls are being filtered through Gasp and Gasp has to present it with adjustments based on what he and the players are seeing on the field. Interesting to see what happens this weekend against coastal.
There is no crow to eat here because I believe you because I thought it was weird to just move Roof if we did not have checks and balances on his calls. I could see Gaspo calling the entire game. Gaspo is going to be a very good coach and I would trust him over Roof as DC.

The cooling fans were definitely not working and I feel had we not been getting depleted with injuries and cramps that we could have won by more.

At the end of the day I'm glad for the win but I am 90% sure some things changed and that was not a game called by Roof. I have zero confidence in Roof and that remains the same.

I do think Drink officially became a Mountaineer with this game. I can see it in his eyes. In the postgame he made some comments that backed up he believes what I and most others think. He expects to go undefeated and we can do it. We have a lot of talent and I think Drink is only getting better with each week.

One thing to keep in mind. Look at the numbers of ZT. They were the worst of his career for a full game in terms of TD-INT ratio. When has he not scored a TD in a game? We still won the game. We played pretty good but I still think we only played a B+ game. This team has crazy potential to go 13-0. We just have to take it one game at a time.

UNC was a good team. They still may win 6 games and go to a bowl and hopefully they do.
The head coach literally called it “the Ted Roof defense” in the post game presser. You and the other message board insiders here are once again wrong.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:22 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:01 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Look guys.. Roof has been calling plays from the field for years. It's not new to him. It's not like he had to get a different view to call the plays.

Drink made a decision because of events through the week for Gaspo and Roof to change roles this week. Whether it's a permanent change or not, we will find out next week.
Check out the postgame presser with Drink. Besides it being thoroughly entertaining, he definitely confirms he sent Roof to the box, but it doesn’t sound like Roof wasn’t making the calls. Obviously, having Gasp on the sidelines creates a dynamic where calls are being filtered through Gasp and Gasp has to present it with adjustments based on what he and the players are seeing on the field. Interesting to see what happens this weekend against coastal.
There is no crow to eat here because I believe you because I thought it was weird to just move Roof if we did not have checks and balances on his calls. I could see Gaspo calling the entire game. Gaspo is going to be a very good coach and I would trust him over Roof as DC.

The cooling fans were definitely not working and I feel had we not been getting depleted with injuries and cramps that we could have won by more.

At the end of the day I'm glad for the win but I am 90% sure some things changed and that was not a game called by Roof. I have zero confidence in Roof and that remains the same.

I do think Drink officially became a Mountaineer with this game. I can see it in his eyes. In the postgame he made some comments that backed up he believes what I and most others think. He expects to go undefeated and we can do it. We have a lot of talent and I think Drink is only getting better with each week.

One thing to keep in mind. Look at the numbers of ZT. They were the worst of his career for a full game in terms of TD-INT ratio. When has he not scored a TD in a game? We still won the game. We played pretty good but I still think we only played a B+ game. This team has crazy potential to go 13-0. We just have to take it one game at a time.

UNC was a good team. They still may win 6 games and go to a bowl and hopefully they do.
The head coach literally called it “the Ted Roof defense” in the post game presser. You and the other message board insiders here are once again wrong.
Listen, I’m trying to be cordial about this...,,you don’t know what your talking about. As I mentioned before, A LOT of stuff happened this week (let’s just call them growing pains) and we came out the other end better for it in this game. Most of us that know the details won’t share them here, so before you come back around and start hounding us, you may want to think there is a lot more that goes on than what is talked about on here. I’m sure there are a few people here that can corroborate my position. I’m sorry that you get offended by some of us sharing info on the board. I do it because as a passionate fan, I would love for someone else to do the same if they were in the position. A lot of people know a lot of things they can’t share on here, and it should be respected that they do their best to inform other passionate fans.

Moving forward, I’ll keep most of the things to myself. Obviously, some of the posters feel like some of us are “trolling” or whatever, so I’ll be the first to step back from sharing as much as I have. I apologize if I have caused anyone unnecessary stress. I’ll end it by saying, considering what happened in the days leading up to the game and the result of the game, I am even more impressed with Drinkwitz. Go App.
The Appalachian State

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:47 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:22 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:01 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Listen, I’m trying to be cordial about this...,,you don’t know what your talking about. As I mentioned before, A LOT of stuff happened this week (let’s just call them growing pains) and we came out the other end better for it in this game. Most of us that know the details won’t share them here, so before you come back around and start hounding us, you may want to think there is a lot more that goes on than what is talked about on here. I’m sure there are a few people here that can corroborate my position. I’m sorry that you get offended by some of us sharing info on the board. I do it because as a passionate fan, I would love for someone else to do the same if they were in the position. A lot of people know a lot of things they can’t share on here, and it should be respected that they do their best to inform other passionate fans.

Moving forward, I’ll keep most of the things to myself. Obviously, some of the posters feel like some of us are “trolling” or whatever, so I’ll be the first to step back from sharing as much as I have. I apologize if I have caused anyone unnecessary stress. I’ll end it by saying, considering what happened in the days leading up to the game and the result of the game, I am even more impressed with Drinkwitz. Go App.
Yo dont tease us like this. Take it to the lodge and give the details you can

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Sounds like whatever it was Drink wasn't happy with the "crap" being said about the defensive staff and, in turn, about him since he hired them. I really think some of us need to dial back the over the top nastiness. Let's let things play out. GOAPPSGO!!!
WE ARE YOSEF!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”