Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Biggest win in school history, it was good while it lasted......

appdaze

Biggest win in school history, it was good while it lasted......

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:37 pm

I just got word that Appalachian State will be shut down effective immediately for violating the sanctity of north carolina football and for having too many legitimate classes. All students are being transferred to the stink per a deal cut with the state of georgia.

PS whats the deal with our two biggest wins and 34 points?

mtoddsolomon
School: Appalachian State

Re: Biggest win in school history, it was good while it lasted......

Unread post by mtoddsolomon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:44 pm

Let’s give us some more credit than that. Michigan was ranked number 5 and we beat them at the big house. Carolina is a mediocre acc team at best. Yes it’s nice to beat the flagship of the NC school system but saying this is one of our biggest wins is selling us short. They’re saying this is our Super Bowl and I couldn’t disagree more, our program doesn’t have he funding or recruiting they do and we were better but we have also had better bowl appearances and wins than they have in the last 4 years. Also, beating them gets us. I thing. We’re not going to be ranked, we won’t get better recruiting (still sunbelt vs acc), and it doesn’t help our conference record. Let’s celebrate the day and move on. Not a “michigan” win

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm

mtoddsolomon wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:44 pm
Let’s give us some more credit than that. Michigan was ranked number 5 and we beat them at the big house. Carolina is a mediocre acc team at best. Yes it’s nice to beat the flagship of the NC school system but saying this is one of our biggest wins is selling us short. They’re saying this is our Super Bowl and I couldn’t disagree more, our program doesn’t have he funding or recruiting they do and we were better but we have also had better bowl appearances and wins than they have in the last 4 years. Also, beating them gets us. I thing. We’re not going to be ranked, we won’t get better recruiting (still sunbelt vs acc), and it doesn’t help our conference record. Let’s celebrate the day and move on. Not a “michigan” win
You sound like you’re upset we beat UNC today.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:20 pm

mtoddsolomon wrote:
This was our Superbowl this year..... And now that we won it...it's on to conference play and a chance to beat SCcocks..... Had we won every other game and lost this one, it would have just sucked.... Big.fat.monkey.nuts..... this win will get us more credit than the little FCS team sneaking one on Michigan. Trust me.

mtoddsolomon

Unread post by mtoddsolomon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Chaz wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm
mtoddsolomon wrote:
Quite the opposite, however I don’t want to lose focus. Celebrate the win but in reality beating Georgia southern is a bigger win for us. I want to win every game but let’s not give the heels fans the satisfaction of making this our “Super Bowl”

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:24 pm

mtoddsolomon wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:22 pm
Chaz wrote:
mtoddsolomon wrote:
Quite the opposite, however I don’t want to lose focus. Celebrate the win but in reality beating Georgia southern is a bigger win for us. I want to win every game but let’s not give the heels fans the satisfaction of making this our “Super Bowl”
Being in denial will not make it a non-superbowl game. We had to win this game. If we lost then it's back to losing to p5's as usual. Drink went in there and coached a great game and did what others haven't been able to do. Don't under sale this win just because you think the guys will lose focus. I'm sure they will be ready for CCU

mtoddsolomon

Unread post by mtoddsolomon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:28 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:24 pm
mtoddsolomon wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:22 pm
Chaz wrote:
mtoddsolomon wrote:
Being in denial will not make it a non-superbowl game. We had to win this game. If we lost then it's back to losing to p5's as usual. Drink went in there and coached a great game and did what others haven't been able to do. Don't under sale this win just because you think the guys will lose focus. I'm sure they will be ready for CCU
I don’t mean to sound like I’m under selling the win, it’s great, I’m hoarse, and my wife is sick of me yelling. I think you are selling us short. I think our “Super Bowl” should be a New Year’s Eve bowl game and that’s very attainable. When we play that, I’ll say that is our biggest win and at that point we’ll finally get out of the shadow of the fcs little guys slaying the dragon.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:54 pm

This was another notch on our gun. Not superbowl. Big win yes but OOC. Maybe it will help us in rankings maybe not we'll see. Stoked beyond belief to best the heels. Coastal is our next superbowl if you want to look at it in those terms.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:26 pm

Not being from or living in North Carolina, I may have a different perspective on this win than most. To me, it is a good win against a P5 acc school. UNC is not a good team and not a good football program, so to me and the rest of the nation, it's not really a surprise or a big deal. However, I did spend enough time in Carolina while I was at school to learn of the horseshit entitlement that seems to come with all UNC degrees. I understand how they think that they are better than the hillbillys from Boone. So I understand why this was so big to everyone in North Carolina. That being said, while it is nice to shut those arrogant Holes up, this win is nowhere near the top 10 in our history. We are a football school, with the best FOOTBALL PROGRAM in North Carolina and a win against a mediocre UNC squad is expected and not surprising.

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:40 pm

While I have an intense disdain for UNC, I hope they win a few more games this year. It helps our strength of schedule and dangit, I like Mack Brown. He is the lone person at that institution who has said positive things about App to the press. He wants us to be successful. Go listen to his interview on the @MoveTheSticks podcast with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks. Mack Brown is a good man, although a little misguided in his coaching choices.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:24 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:20 pm
mtoddsolomon wrote:
This was our Superbowl this year..... And now that we won it...it's on to conference play and a chance to beat SCcocks..... Had we won every other game and lost this one, it would have just sucked.... Big.fat.monkey.nuts..... this win will get us more credit than the little FCS team sneaking one on Michigan. Trust me.
"Our Superbowl" is the NY6 game. With UCF going down today and a UNC win in our belt, that just helps our cause to get there but that's still a long way off.

This was a statement game. UNC has tried to find every way they could to avoid playing us ever since the Michigan win and now we know why. We finally got the chance and showed the world that we not only can compete with the P5's but we can beat them too. Hopefully now they'll drop having to go all the way back to the Michigan win whenever they talk about us on tv and radio while UNC will drop this "little brother up in the hills" moniker they like to use on us.

It's a good win, and now we've proven who the top dog is in NC, now onto the first bout with chickens from SC..

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:13 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:24 am
ASUTodd wrote:
mtoddsolomon wrote:
"Our Superbowl" is the NY6 game. With UCF going down today and a UNC win in our belt, that just helps our cause to get there but that's still a long way off.

This was a statement game. UNC has tried to find every way they could to avoid playing us ever since the Michigan win and now we know why. We finally got the chance and showed the world that we not only can compete with the P5's but we can beat them too. Hopefully now they'll drop having to go all the way back to the Michigan win whenever they talk about us on tv and radio while UNC will drop this "little brother up in the hills" moniker they like to use on us.

It's a good win, and now we've proven who the top dog is in NC, now onto the first bout with chickens from SC..
Sorry, HOTROD, but it won't be our first battle with the SChickens. The first was in '75 and it was an APP Win!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:42 am

From a football perspective, I agree it's a good win but does not make our season.

From my personal perspective, it's the greatest App win ever. Next year will be 50 years since I earned my degree. Over that time, I've built up a big chip on my shoulder toward UNC fueled by the narcissism of their institution and alumni.

Yesterday was our day, finally, after all these years.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 am

asu66 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:13 am
hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:24 am
ASUTodd wrote:
mtoddsolomon wrote:

Sorry, HOTROD, but it won't be our first battle with the SChickens. The first was in '75 and it was an APP Win!
True, but I meant we have the CCU Chants first, then the USC Gamecocks...both SC teams, both with chicken mascots...tried to be smart lol.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:47 am

That said, Muschamp has to be concerned after yesterday.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:52 am

I love how literal everything is taken on this board.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:58 am

there are 'closet' Hole fans among us.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:04 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:47 am
That said, Muschamp has to be concerned after yesterday.
They’ve got Georgia and Florida in October. I doubt Muschamp is worrying about us at this point.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:08 pm

At the end of the day, winning yesterday will help with recruiting significantly. It was not our Super Bowl, however, the win will have a big payoff down the road.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:14 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:08 pm
At the end of the day, winning yesterday will help with recruiting significantly. It was not our Super Bowl, however, the win will have a big payoff down the road.
How so?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”