Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Postgame Presser

Black Saturday
School: Appalachian State

Postgame Presser

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:50 pm

Interesting last minute.

BLACK SATURDAY

mountaineerman

Re: Postgame Presser

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:05 pm

That was awesome! Coach Drink has got it!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:13 pm

My man was fired up and I absolutely love it!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Thanks for posting this. You heard it from Coach D’s mouth. I believe Coach D has faith in his defensive staff. Coach Roof and all his assistants, great job!!!

You could just feel the excitement emanating from Coach D. He was excited and proud of his players. Still has perspective when he spoke of his wife and daughters. Humble but ready to kick some a$$ on the field with his players.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:21 pm

The Kool aid tastes great and I'm chugging it. GOAPPSGO!!!
WE ARE YOSEF!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Guess they read the stupid fire Roof threads. Man he is a cool coach. I agree hopefully two years.

mtoddsolomon

Unread post by mtoddsolomon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:24 am

I was on the fence at first, He isn't Satt, and I didn't love his press conference after Charlotte. But man I like Drink now, I think he has embraced Appalachian more than I had thought originally and I think he's going to continue to win.

nomadb

Unread post by nomadb » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:27 am

That last minute was some salty shade for the overreacting crowd and I love it.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:33 am

Haha. Us fans are a funny bunch for sure. We are “in the wind” with everything he said. I wouldn’t read too much into what he said about Roof etc. No matter if any of the rumors or theories are true or not, Drink said exactly what a HC should say to help his team move forward from something.
The defense was definitely critical to this win, and will be moving forward. Hopefully the “issues” of the last two weeks are behind Roof and Co and we can see a duplication of the thoughtful gameplan, quality adjustments and inspired defensive football that we saw on Saturday. What should be focused on is how confident he was in his gameplan and how much he seemed to exude that “App culture” that we all were hoping he would get saturated with.

Go App.
The Appalachian State

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 am

"Yeah we called a zone read. They had been playing with two corners to the side, taking away that play call. But we went with it on that 3rd down...shoudl've gone with it again" (paraphrase).

That zone read play to take advantage of what Drink knew would be a middle crash call on defense was a thing of beauty. I wondered why we haven't seen as much of those keeper plays for Zac in this offense but keeping it as an option for that exact moment was a thing of beauty. Sort of thought it would be coming when the camera panned to Zac right after the time out and Drink is still talking directly to him and no one else.

...and he should've called it again on the next 3rd down because UNC crashed the line again.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:16 am

ericsaid wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 am
"Yeah we called a zone read. They had been playing with two corners to the side, taking away that play call. But we went with it on that 3rd down...shoudl've gone with it again" (paraphrase).

That zone read play to take advantage of what Drink knew would be a middle crash call on defense was a thing of beauty. I wondered why we haven't seen as much of those keeper plays for Zac in this offense but keeping it as an option for that exact moment was a thing of beauty. Sort of thought it would be coming when the camera panned to Zac right after the time out and Drink is still talking directly to him and no one else.

...and he should've called it again on the next 3rd down because UNC crashed the line again.
When I rewatched it, it look like he had the option to do the same thing on the left but tripped and let the RB keep it. But it looked like the same call, just to the left.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:24 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:16 am
ericsaid wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 am

When I rewatched it, it look like he had the option to do the same thing on the left but tripped and let the RB keep it. But it looked like the same call, just to the left.
I thought the line was stacked to the play side where Evans ended up going. I saw the feet get tangled up but it looked like the ball was already given to Evans by that point.

Another option I'd like to have seen incorporated would be the pistol set right, play action, H-back wheel route to the opposite side of the field. We used to see that a lot with Lamb and I seriously doubt UNC would've played with enough discipline to follow the H back out of the other side. Worst comes to worst, Thomas either keeps it or just gives himself up to keep the clock moving.

Also, it wasn't the same call, I don't think. Drink admitted as much in the presser.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:47 am

Ted probably did see better from the box....That would fit his style much better. Gaspo would feed the energy to the players.....Coach needs to cut down on the caffine....or zip tie his hands at pressers. Man was on fire!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:13 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:47 am
Ted probably did see better from the box....That would fit his style much better. Gaspo would feed the energy to the players.....Coach needs to cut down on the caffine....or zip tie his hands at pressers. Man was on fire!
I think he was just a little geeked up. I know I was. There's got to be a ton of nervous energy that builds up through the course of a tight game like that, especially your "first time".

As for Roof being in the box, it seemed to work well last week and I hope that we continue to make changes that positively benefit the team throughout the season. If we aren't trying to improve, then we're regressing.
Give 'em hell!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Coach Drink was amped!!! Time for everyone to make an impact after getting the Ferrari back from it's tune-up.
Attachments
MAKEANIMPACT.jpg
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

dlh71

Unread post by dlh71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:37 pm

Just made mine in memory of Mr. Yosef who was looking in from above while Mrs. Yosef was part of the celebration here.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:51 pm

I bet coach made some 🔥 lunch table beats when he was in school.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”