Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Top 25 Watch (real thread)

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Top 25 Watch (real thread)

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Just a quick recap:

- Nobody is worrying or agonizing over the top 25. We're enjoying the fact that App is in the running.
- We don't need to "focus on the next game" or "worry about what we can control" because we're fans.
- If you don't enjoy this topic, no one is forcing you to post on it. Much less post continually telling other people to stop talking about it. This thread's existence isn't hurting you. Just ignore it and post on one you like better.

Guess what: I don't care about the Ted Roof threads. Know how I deal with it? I don't click them! It's pretty great. You should try it.

Oh and lastly:

- Go App, beat the Cajuns (yet again).

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:07 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:04 pm
Just a quick recap:

- Nobody is worrying or agonizing over the top 25. We're enjoying the fact that App is in the running.
- We don't need to "focus on the next game" or "worry about what we can control" because we're fans.
- If you don't enjoy this topic, no one is forcing you to post on it. Much less post continually telling other people to stop talking about it. This thread's existence isn't hurting you. Just ignore it and post on one you like better.

Guess what: I don't care about the Ted Roof threads. Know how I deal with it? I don't click them! It's pretty great. You should try it.

Oh and lastly:

Here here. I’m not sure why this is so complicated for some people.
YNWA

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:16 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:07 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:04 pm
Just a quick recap:

Oh and lastly:

Here here. I’m not sure why this is so complicated for some people.
Me too

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm

"Mark All Threads Read" has been my favorite selection the last few weeks.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:59 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:38 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:36 pm
Good. One less distraction. Now let’s stick it to the Cajuns again and bring ‘em up north in December.
Good point. Probably why Clemson and Alabama lose every week. Too distracted from being ranked.
Technically, they didn’t win this week

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:04 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:06 pm
AP Poll out. #28 and 61 votes.

https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeFootballPoll

I felt we would be 28-29 range and we got 28th in both polls. Interesting that after being a little behind in coaches poll that we are now the same and not far off in votes in both.

I went through and looked at all the games for the weekend and if things go as one would expect we will be #24 or #25 next week as long as we cover the spread. I just spent 2 hours of my life breaking all this down and looking at it. I'm not doing this every week because after doing it I see even more reason why we should stop agonizing over this. We will be ranked when we are ranked. Part of me hopes we win and aren't ranked at all or ranked even higher so people don't ask me to do this all the time LOL.
I think one thing that hurts us is that we've only played 4 games while everyone else on this list has played 5. It was sort of the same deal last year...I think we could have been ranked at least a week earlier if we had played and beat Southern Miss had it not been for the cancellation. If we keep winning, we'll get there. Just need to take care of business down in Lafayette on Wednesday night.

(And for what its' worth, I don't take what happened last year at Georgia Southern as our guys having their heads in the clouds of the top 25 ranking as to why we lost that game. I take it more that we were playing a rain-soaked game against our arch rival, in Statesboro, oh and our starting QB was taken out three plays into the game.)

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:46 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm
"Mark All Threads Read" has been my favorite selection the last few weeks.
The feature to add posters to my ignore list has worked well, too.
Give 'em hell!

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:02 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:04 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:06 pm
AP Poll out. #28 and 61 votes.

https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeFootballPoll

I felt we would be 28-29 range and we got 28th in both polls. Interesting that after being a little behind in coaches poll that we are now the same and not far off in votes in both.

I went through and looked at all the games for the weekend and if things go as one would expect we will be #24 or #25 next week as long as we cover the spread. I just spent 2 hours of my life breaking all this down and looking at it. I'm not doing this every week because after doing it I see even more reason why we should stop agonizing over this. We will be ranked when we are ranked. Part of me hopes we win and aren't ranked at all or ranked even higher so people don't ask me to do this all the time LOL.
I think one thing that hurts us is that we've only played 4 games while everyone else on this list has played 5. It was sort of the same deal last year...I think we could have been ranked at least a week earlier if we had played and beat Southern Miss had it not been for the cancellation. If we keep winning, we'll get there. Just need to take care of business down in Lafayette on Wednesday night.

(And for what its' worth, I don't take what happened last year at Georgia Southern as our guys having their heads in the clouds of the top 25 ranking as to why we lost that game. I take it more that we were playing a rain-soaked game against our arch rival, in Statesboro, oh and our starting QB was taken out three plays into the game.)
and Ga So offense gashed our Defense all night. Losing ZT & Fehr hurt but they were extremely well prepared and executed their gameplan. Pay backs a coming!!!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:14 am

I keep a thread like this in the same context as the one I started- undefeated FBS teams. We all fully understand that App won’t be in the playoff no matter what. We all (or should) know that if we go 13-0 we do have a shot at the NY6 game. As with the ranking thing it’s fun to watch the list and just see our name still there (with the unbeaten). Certain goals are only attainable by going 1-0 every week. We should all give ourselves credit for not having a Gamecock thread at least.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:14 am
I keep a thread like this in the same context as the one I started- undefeated FBS teams. We all fully understand that App won’t be in the playoff no matter what. We all (or should) know that if we go 13-0 we do have a shot at the NY6 game. As with the ranking thing it’s fun to watch the list and just see our name still there (with the unbeaten). Certain goals are only attainable by going 1-0 every week. We should all give ourselves credit for not having a Gamecock thread at least.
Since you brought it up, I think most on here at the beginning of the season would have been happy with going 1-1 against UNC and USC. Now that we already have our 1 win and have the P5 monkey off our back, that November game is not as crucial, though still exciting. That's probably why a thread hasn't been started yet. With that said, USC is likely going to be 4-5 or 5-4 at that point and needing a win against us to reach bowl eligibility. They have Texas A&M and Clemson as their remaining games after us, so we may be their best shot.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 am

It looks like after the next 3 weeks the AAC will be sorted out. There could easily be no undefeated teams and a very real possibility that there would be no one loss teams. That conference will be very interesting to watch.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:54 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
There is no way any team from the Sun Belt is going to be in the NY6 conversation. Not unless Boise State and the upper echelons of the AAC have massive, catastrophic collapses from here on out. Regardless of how good we are, teams in the American are going to get looked at first (which is one reason I really hope we find our way there one of these days). Even then, we'd probably have to run the table for at least two straight seasons to be even given a look.

Right now I'm happy to be in the conversation of being ranked. Like I said, I'm not expecting anything above the top 20, but that little number next to your logo on the tv denotes you as one of the top college teams out there, and gives us validity.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 pm

If an AAC team or MWC team goes undefeated, they will get the nod over us. No doubt.

But I’d be shocked if someone got the bid over us with 1-loss, assuming we went undefeated.

USC isn’t that great this year but they are an SEC team and that carries weight.
UNC is a good ball team as they’ve shown. If they can string a couple more wins together and beat UVA, they could sneak back into the rankings. Looking at last year, there were 14!! teams in the AP top 25 with 3 or more losses going into the bowls.

Again, all moot if we don’t run the table, but ending the year with a win versus a ranked opponent helps us tremendously. Go holes I guess?
YNWA

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:26 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:54 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:

There is no way any team from the Sun Belt is going to be in the NY6 conversation.
Not unless Boise State and the upper echelons of the AAC have massive, catastrophic collapses from here on out. Regardless of how good we are, teams in the American are going to get looked at first (which is one reason I really hope we find our way there one of these days). Even then, we'd probably have to run the table for at least two straight seasons to be even given a look.

Right now I'm happy to be in the conversation of being ranked. Like I said, I'm not expecting anything above the top 20, but that little number next to your logo on the tv denotes you as one of the top college teams out there, and gives us validity.
I think this is such a smart post. I actually wonder how many of the CFP committee members could name all the Sun Belt members. I think a conversation about being ranked in the AP or Coach's poll is worth having, but when it turns into a NY6 discussion, I don't get it.

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:26 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

There is no way any team from the Sun Belt is going to be in the NY6 conversation.
Not unless Boise State and the upper echelons of the AAC have massive, catastrophic collapses from here on out. Regardless of how good we are, teams in the American are going to get looked at first (which is one reason I really hope we find our way there one of these days). Even then, we'd probably have to run the table for at least two straight seasons to be even given a look.

I think this is such a smart post. I actually wonder how many of the CFP committee members could name all the Sun Belt members. I think a conversation about being ranked in the AP or Coach's poll is worth having, but when it turns into a NY6 discussion, I don't get it.
If we go undefeated and UCF (now with 2 losses wins the AAC championship game) and Boise loses the MWC championship game we're in the Access bowl.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:34 pm

"Again, all moot if we don’t run the table, but ending the year with a win versus a ranked opponent helps us tremendously. Go holes I guess?"

That game was a no-win for the Apps. A loss and we have to live with losing to the holes, A win and we have to pull for them. :)

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:36 pm

mike87 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:34 pm
"Again, all moot if we don’t run the table, but ending the year with a win versus a ranked opponent helps us tremendously. Go holes I guess?"

That game was a no-win for the Apps. A loss and we have to live with losing to the holes, A win and we have to pull for them. :)
A lot of the CHeat hate is gone for me. I’m sure it will come back in time, but whenever they’re mentioned now, all I can do is laugh.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm

97APP wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
hotrod2001 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

If we go undefeated and UCF (now with 2 losses wins the AAC championship game) and Boise loses the MWC championship game we're in the Access bowl.
What? We've already seen two one-loss AAC teams ranked. Cincinnati went from zero votes (I think) to 25. What else do you need to see to understand how the AAC and the Sun Belt are perceived? To say nothing of Bosie St., which is a know big bowl quantity (with a better BCS/NY6 record than Notre Dame).

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm
97APP wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
hotrod2001 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

What? We've already seen two one-loss AAC teams ranked. Cincinnati went from zero votes (I think) to 25. What else do you need to see to understand how the AAC and the Sun Belt are perceived? To say nothing of Bosie St., which is a know big bowl quantity (with a better BCS/NY6 record than Notre Dame).
The G5 rep to the Access/NY6 bowl is the highest CFP ranked team that wins their conference. At least the way I understand it. If we're undefeated and win our conference I think we'll be ranked ahead of a 2 loss UCF.
WE ARE YOSEF!

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Only conference champions can be invited to the Access Bowl. We're in over a 2 loss UCF and the best records in the MWC West currently are Hawaii and San Diego St both at 4-1 Neither Hawaii nor SDSU have played each other so someone's gotta lose again.

You can't honestly think we're not in over a 2 loss UCF or a MWC West team that currently has no votes?

If Boise wins the MWC undefeated or with one loss or an undefeated/one loss AAC team wins out - no we're not in. But to say there's no chance, I just laid out a not too far fetched path to the Access bowl for our Mountaineers.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”