Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Schedule going forward

Kafarmer
School: Appalachian State

Schedule going forward

Unread post by Kafarmer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:55 am

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the schedule going forward? With a couple of mid week games, it gives time to heal and an extra day or two for game plan prep. I think it works in our favor. The only negative is the 5 day short week between SoAl and GASO. Then we get extended time leading up to SC.

BeauFoster

Re: Schedule going forward

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:56 am

The only part of the timing of the schedule is the GaSo game. Based on what we've seen so far, the defense could probably benefit from some extra time to get in more work on defending the option. Otherwise, I agree that the extra time in between some of our higher profile games will be nothing but beneficial from both a scheme and health standpoint.
Give 'em hell!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:55 am

For this upcoming game at The University of Louisiana, I'm inclined to be on the side of wearing my mule blinders and not looking past this game. They are going to be a tough out, in a must win game.

But since you asked, a pickup group of us MMBers could beat South Ally. Second game, we owe the Gumroots a trip to the woodshed.
BLACK SATURDAY

Kafarmer

Unread post by Kafarmer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:45 pm

I definitely agree one game at a time!

AppNC

Unread post by AppNC » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:16 pm

1-0 each week but only if one week at a time

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:04 pm

#beatetsu

Ncmtn

Unread post by Ncmtn » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:48 pm

My immediate thoughts...our next game will be the best team we’ve played this year. Louisiana is legit and playing at home on prime time with a large crowd. We better be realllll careful with this one

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:01 pm

LaLa contest looks to be the game of the year in the Sunbelt .They want us. Bad.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:43 pm

Was looking at the team stats for the SunBelt and Louisiana is better than us in almost every significant category. There are a couple where we prevail but even in those ones, Louisiana is right there with us. This is going to be our toughest game of the year by far. It seems that their team is much improved and they really, really want to beat us, Napier mentioned in his press conference how they have NEVER beaten App. Anyone who thinks this is going to be a cakewalk isn't paying attention.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Similar to the Big 10, the two best teams will likely play twice this year. This game gives the winner a huge advantage in their division but more importantly to host the conference title game.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:09 am

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:43 pm
Was looking at the team stats for the SunBelt and Louisiana is better than us in almost every significant category. There are a couple where we prevail but even in those ones, Louisiana is right there with us. This is going to be our toughest game of the year by far. It seems that their team is much improved and they really, really want to beat us, Napier mentioned in his press conference how they have NEVER beaten App. Anyone who thinks this is going to be a cakewalk isn't paying attention.
Go for 2 Billy!
BLACK SATURDAY

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:49 am

UL looks like our toughest conference game of the year. They played us tough last year both times and it will be even tougher this time. It will likely take our best game to date (this year) to get the W in Lafayette. The good news is that, I don't believe we've seen the Apps' best game yet...not even close. That's just my opinion, of course. The bad news is that we will very likely have to play these guys again this year....just like last year...and that's assuming that things go WELL!

Troy, GS and Arkansas State are nowhere near as complete as Louisiana this year. None of them are Gimme games and they will all want to beat us, but Louisiana is the one that makes me nervous at this point. I'm a believe though. App will be focused and ready for this game!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:26 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:49 am
UL looks like our toughest conference game of the year. They played us tough last year both times and it will be even tougher this time. It will likely take our best game to date (this year) to get the W in Lafayette. The good news is that, I don't believe we've seen the Apps' best game yet...not even close. That's just my opinion, of course. The bad news is that we will very likely have to play these guys again this year....just like last year...and that's assuming that things go WELL!

Troy, GS and Arkansas State are nowhere near as complete as Louisiana this year. None of them are Gimme games and they will all want to beat us, but Louisiana is the one that makes me nervous at this point. I'm a believe though. App will be focused and ready for this game!
Definitely is our toughest so far. Just have to worry about going 1-0 and beat ULL. I'm not worried about Georgia Southern, South Alabama, or anyone else until after this game. These guys are pretty good and this game could go either way. I think we win but I expect a very close game.

I'm also with you that those others are not gimme games. For us nobody is a gimme game though. We will get the best effort of the year from everyone left on our schedule. I'm not sure South Carolina will overlook us. It is looking more and more like they have to beat us to get to a bowl game so I think we will get an A+ effort from even them.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:27 am

Kafarmer wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:55 am
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the schedule going forward? With a couple of mid week games, it gives time to heal and an extra day or two for game plan prep. I think it works in our favor. The only negative is the 5 day short week between SoAl and GASO. Then we get extended time leading up to SC.
Definitely need the extra time. I like how our schedule plays out. If we only would have gotten Georgia Southern with a full week I would say it plays out perfect. We are getting bye weeks when we need them most. This extra time for ULL is crucial so we can get healthier.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”