Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ALRIGHT - Let me have it.

imjustafan
School: Appalachian State

ALRIGHT - Let me have it.

Unread post by imjustafan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Ok fellas, ready-aim-fire!

Saint3333

Re: ALRIGHT - Let me have it.

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:47 pm

Good game, hope to see you in December.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Solid game by both teams. I think that matchup proves the top sunbelt is strong and can play with anyone. Let’s get real, a blowout win by either team would have been bad for the league as a whole. Hopefully the Wednesday matchup gives both teams some airtime on the shows for a couple days. If the rematch happens and both teams win out the rest of their schedules, there will be a lot more hype in the media than last years championship game.
Last edited by BTK2000 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Well, now that you came back today, major props. Good luck the rest of the way, and perhaps we will do it again in December.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Just another speed bump on our way to another conference title, not much more needs to be said. Already moved on to the next one.

Actually more like a small pot hole. It scares you for 2 seconds but never inflicts any damage.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Probably be seeing you again at the end of the year. Hopefully if there is precipitation we can have some snow instead of rain like last year.

imjustafan

Unread post by imjustafan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:02 pm

I should clarify, this is ManAboutTown. For those that didn't participate in the twitter onslaught, I'm not the podcast host. Just a contributor. RaginCajunArmy is a good podcast, run by an exceptional human being named Matt Miguez.

For the record, the pod was in good fun guys. Back in my day, we had fun with the pre game banter. Laughs. You know, we used to do something in this country to enjoy our leisure time.. I think it was called "fun". Literally one poster on this board had fun with it. We need to lighten up. Football is fun. But even if you do get upset with trash talk, that's also good for the game. Good for the buildup, good for the rivalry (if we could ever beat you, for goodness sake.)

If you guys listened to the pod at all, you'd know I spent a ton of time praising your program. Was fortunate enough to visit last year and it was one of the great college football experiences of my life. In truth, I have a very healthy respect for your program. I was treated wonderfully, and really enjoyed your fans. Made some friends up there, believe it or not. Hell, almost had the pleasure of meeting AppAlum1 but traffic prevented that. Look, some of your fans rub people the wrong way, but people envy success. Jealousy is love and hate at the same time, ya know? You do have some dickheads in your fan base, but who the heck am I to say that? I can be THE dickhead. It pains me to say, we are looking up at App St. We have a fine culture down here with the best people in the world, but damnit, we just can't get this football thing right man. It's infuriating.

We like Billy, and I think we are still going to get there with him driving the bus, but we've been built up and let down far too many times. It is what it is. I hope you guys understand all of that. No disrespect was meant and I was just having some fun, adding to the build up. I think "hate" in sports is something we should have never tried to legislate out.

Hopefully your mods will have mercy and we can talk some football. Cheers.
Last edited by imjustafan on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Hey, I actually have a lot of respect for what Napier has done down there and he's definitely getting your program turned around...but not quite at our level yet... :P . Your championship hopes of course depend on your game next week in Jonesboro as you're gonna have to hold the tie breaker against Ark State to win the West.
The smack talk and name calling got a little out of hand on both sides in my opinion but that's normal. Good luck next week as I don't really care for the Red Wolves..

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:05 pm

imjustafan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:45 pm
I appreciate you coming back to the board and showing humility. Win or lose, staying humble is always a good thing.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

imjustafan

Unread post by imjustafan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:04 pm
Hey, I actually have a lot of respect for what Napier has done down there and he's definitely getting your program turned around...but not quite at our level yet... :P . Your championship hopes of course depend on your game next week in Jonesboro as you're gonna have to hold the tie breaker against Ark State to win the West.
The smack talk and name calling got a little out of hand on both sides in my opinion but that's normal. Good luck next week as I don't really care for the Red Wolves..
Hating Arkie St has been bringing 'belt fanbases together for two decades.
That outfit makes it easy to hate them.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:11 pm

imjustafan wrote:
Kudos for coming back.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Respect for coming back...

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm

'fraid you've got us all wrong, MAT. We have plenty of fun and talk plenty of trash with plenty of folks. Most of us who pay attention have enormous respect for your program, your players, and your coach. If you listen to any of OUR podcasts or read our threads and chats, you know that.

But we don't know you. You pretty much jumped straight to trash talk and didn't even talk ball. And while we respect your program and think you're on an upward trajectory, our program got a lot of upturned noses from folks at places like Louisiana and Arkansas State when we came into the Belt, and Hudspeth bitched and moaned about how hard it was to get to App, minimized our accomplishments, etc. And what did that get Louisiana except an 0-7 record?

You think we don't revel in hate enough? Come around in the lead-up to Ga Southern. You'll see heaps of hate for that bunch of ditch-water swilling, gnat-infested inbreds with sandy toes and rusted out schoolbuses. But that love-hate took years and years of back and forth to develop.

So you wanna talk ball? Let's talk ball. You wanna come flex and show us how much trash you can talk without your team ever having sealed the deal, even once? You're not going to find many takers.

Kudos for coming to take your licks, though, and best of luck for the rest of the season. I fully expect to see y'all again--in our house next time.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 pm

appchicago wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm
'fraid you've got us all wrong, MAT. We have plenty of fun and talk plenty of trash with plenty of folks. Most of us who pay attention have enormous respect for your program, your players, and your coach. If you listen to any of OUR podcasts or read our threads and chats, you know that.

But we don't know you. You pretty much jumped straight to trash talk and didn't even talk ball. And while we respect your program and think you're on an upward trajectory, our program got a lot of upturned noses from folks at places like Louisiana and Arkansas State when we came into the Belt, and Hudspeth bitched and moaned about how hard it was to get to App, minimized our accomplishments, etc. And what did that get Louisiana except an 0-7 record?

You think we don't revel in hate enough? Come around in the lead-up to Ga Southern. You'll see heaps of hate for that bunch of ditch-water swilling, gnat-infested inbreds with sandy toes and rusted out schoolbuses. But that love-hate took years and years of back and forth to develop.

So you wanna talk ball? Let's talk ball. You wanna come flex and show us how much trash you can talk without your team ever having sealed the deal, even once? You're not going to find many takers.

Kudos for coming to take your licks, though, and best of luck for the rest of the season. I fully expect to see y'all again--in our house next time.
what he said! all of it.

Appmanrcb

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:54 pm

imjustafan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:02 pm
I should clarify, this is ManAboutTown. For those that didn't participate in the twitter onslaught, I'm not the podcast host. Just a contributor. RaginCajunArmy is a good podcast, run by an exceptional human being named Matt Miguez.

For the record, the pod was in good fun guys. Back in my day, we had fun with the pre game banter. Laughs. You know, we used to do something in this country to enjoy our leisure time.. I think it was called "fun". Literally one poster on this board had fun with it. We need to lighten up. Football is fun. But even if you do get upset with trash talk, that's also good for the game. Good for the buildup, good for the rivalry (if we could ever beat you, for goodness sake.)

If you guys listened to the pod at all, you'd know I spent a ton of time praising your program. Was fortunate enough to visit last year and it was one of the great college football experiences of my life. In truth, I have a very healthy respect for your program. I was treated wonderfully, and really enjoyed your fans. Made some friends up there, believe it or not. Hell, almost had the pleasure of meeting AppAlum1 but traffic prevented that. Look, some of your fans rub people the wrong way, but people envy success. Jealousy is love and hate at the same time, ya know? You do have some dickheads in your fan base, but who the heck am I to say that? I can be THE dickhead. It pains me to say, we are looking up at App St. We have a fine culture down here with the best people in the world, but damnit, we just can't get this football thing right man. It's infuriating.

We like Billy, and I think we are still going to get there with him driving the bus, but we've been built up and let down far too many times. It is what it is. I hope you guys understand all of that. No disrespect was meant and I was just having some fun, adding to the build up. I think "hate" in sports is something we should have never tried to legislate out.

Hopefully your mods will have mercy and we can talk some football. Cheers.
I saw the twitter onslaught and thought it was a bit much imo. I personally took the original comments in good fun. Two passionate fan bases who have played each other 3 times in less than a year. We are gonna talk some trash, it happens. Honestly of all the visiting fans I interacted with last year, the Cajuns were far and away the most fun. Every single one of them invited us down this year. You all have become my favorite Sun Belt fan base by far.

As far as the game went and thoughts on it, well a win is a win. I think that both teams played well, but not up to what the fans on both sides expected. Personally I was glad to see our defense look a little more like last years version. I still believe that you all are the best in the West, and if we both take care of business, a fourth game in what 15 months should be a blast. Sun Belt officiating drives all of us nuts, for me it’s just the consistency. I enjoy the let them play attitude, but just be consistent for 4 quarters. My biggest gripe about this game was the game itself. Screw Wednesday games. ESPN, National tv are good to an extent sure, but I am sure the Cajuns, hell anybody, would have much preferred a nice Saturday game, with a full stadium and a rowdy atmosphere. Enough of my blabber, was a great game, and until we meet again Louisiana, Cheers!!

imjustafan

Unread post by imjustafan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:59 pm

appchicago wrote:

Fair enough. The "flex" was seriously just fun. I'll admit, it is frustrating trying to get on your board (especially when ours welcomes pretty much everyone) to talk about the game and banter. By the time, you get to post, you're annoyed. And btw, I didn't create 4 screen names. Don't know where that came from...

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:07 pm

appchicago wrote:

It's hard to create hate for a team you are 7-0 against. We love UL.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 pm

imjustafan wrote:
You are all good man. I don't mind the trash talk as long as it stays good natured. I was the one that predicted the 62-24 final, but I can see why you guys are excited about those linebackers who have stepped it up this season. Your podcast guys were hard to listen to bc they were reading too much into stats.... I didn't expect our defense to show up big, so that's why I figured Drink would've opened it up offensively. If we see you guys again for SBC game, you probably won't see such a conservative approach. ULL needs a solid QB and another solid receiver and I would expect to see a better competitor. The thing that has thrown people for a loop on App State football is we just do so many different things to win a game, even more now with Drink as coach. It's a culture thing with our locker room.

I had a conference this week, otherwise I would've made the trip and would've loved mixing it up with the cajuns. I love meeting opposing fans and having a little good natured banter. The only place I won't go is Stinksboro. Take care of business against that fraud ArkSt team and let's do this again later.
The Appalachian State

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 pm

imjustafan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:59 pm
Fair enough. The "flex" was seriously just fun. I'll admit, it is frustrating trying to get on your board (especially when ours welcomes pretty much everyone) to talk about the game and banter. By the time, you get to post, you're annoyed. And btw, I didn't create 4 screen names. Don't know where that came from...
Your "welcome (to) pretty much everyone" board had blocked my IP address despite me never visiting the site before. I read a lot of people experienced that. Any idea how that happens, or how to fix it? I couldn't even contact anyone? Thanks!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Sorry my cajun fan.....I only like rubbing it in with STink and UNC-C. I like Napier, didnt like Hudspeth for above mentioned reasons. I will observe that Napier looked lost last night. Some bad play calling on his part, thought the refs were equal is missing stuff and we were lucky 3 passes werent intercepted. If we were in a city of 125,000 people we would need a stadium of 50k. Thought sure your crowd would be bigger...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”