Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

@ South Alabama on ESPNU

AppStAlum2007
School: Appalachian State

Re: @ South Alabama on ESPNU

Unread post by AppStAlum2007 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:21 pm
Just think, we could have been playing Furman on PBS. :lol:
That was bad. If I remember correctly, didn't the Southern Conference end whatever agreement they had with PBS right before we left for the Sunbelt and no games were televised at all during the regular season?

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:45 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
We don't fear failure we attack success. Let those who have no vision go cheer for Western Carolina.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:58 pm

FTE_rawr wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:14 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:48 pm
We’re not there yet and we have a way to go but this is the kind of stuff that could build our PROGRAM into one that could sustain coaching changes. This is the start of the dream of being Boise east. Plus my dumb A$$ doesn’t have to figure out how to get espn plus on my tv.
Do you have a Fire Stick or Chromecast? Fire TV has an ESPN app that you can activate your ESPN+ through, and if you have Chromecast you can just cast it from your computer.
Thanks for the help

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:06 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:12 pm
sfoal308 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:00 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:48 am
sfoal308 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:15 am
Not to keep rehashing this over and over, but stuff like this is why some of us wanted to be ranked ASAP. This doesn't happen if we don't have a number next to our name.
Absolutely correct. Also, just spending a couple minutes on Twitter, noted two of our recruits retweeting that we are ranked. Anything that helps differentiate us from our competitors is a huge boost.

Why go play at unranked ECU when you can come to Boone and play for a top 25 program???
Being ranked is the difference between recruiting against Charlotte and recruiting against ECU
I hope you are right!
App recruits against both Charlotte and ECU. More recruiting will be done against Charlotte however because ECU hits the Tidewater/Maryland pretty hard.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:16 pm

And the party will be over if we lay an egg this Saturday. I’m loving all the respect we are getting. I sure hope the coaches are making it abundantly clear to our guys that an L puts an end to all of it.

Like being praised nationally for being a Top 25 team?? Go out there and show us why this weekend.
YNWA

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Speaking of South Alabama. They are building a new on campus stadium. 74 mil? Renderings look very nice 30k ? Seats. Ready 2021 I believe.

Go APPS! Beat War Hawks

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:58 pm
FTE_rawr wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:14 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:48 pm
We’re not there yet and we have a way to go but this is the kind of stuff that could build our PROGRAM into one that could sustain coaching changes. This is the start of the dream of being Boise east. Plus my dumb A$$ doesn’t have to figure out how to get espn plus on my tv.
Do you have a Fire Stick or Chromecast? Fire TV has an ESPN app that you can activate your ESPN+ through, and if you have Chromecast you can just cast it from your computer.
Thanks for the help
I watch it through a PS4. It is so much easier than before Sony allowed the ESPN app and I had Chromecast it - which I've always found to be spotty.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:14 pm

sfoal308 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
sfoal308 wrote:
Not to keep rehashing this over and over, but stuff like this is why some of us wanted to be ranked ASAP. This doesn't happen if we don't have a number next to our name.
Absolutely correct. Also, just spending a couple minutes on Twitter, noted two of our recruits retweeting that we are ranked. Anything that helps differentiate us from our competitors is a huge boost.

Why go play at unranked ECU when you can come to Boone and play for a top 25 program???
Being ranked is the difference between recruiting against Charlotte and recruiting against ECU
Speaking of Charlotte, the gist of their message board is:

1. Their defense is a train wreck because they changed their scheme and their players are out of position and missing tackles.
2. They should have kept their Defensive Coordinator (Spencer), but the new coach Healy wanted to be co-defensive coordinator and didn't allow that to happen
3. They don't have enough talent to win C-USA ballgames, because they have a lot of injuries and they don't have depth on their roster
4, Maybe they were playing over their heads the first couple of games of the year (including App. St.) and they have settled back down to reality.
5. Attendance is going to be really bad at the remaining home games, since they are not winning.

John-N-Houston

Unread post by John-N-Houston » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:42 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:26 pm
sfoal308 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
sfoal308 wrote:

Exactly.

Being ranked is essential in continuing to build our program. It's the equivalent of having a A+ Certification from the BBB on a business. When people see that ranking, they know it verifies this is a top-tier program regardless of conference affiliation or school size.

It'll help entice future recruits, put butts in the stands, build up the fanbase, broadcast games on bigger networks and maybe help make us more attractive to bigger conferences in the event the "E" word happens again.

Now we just have to keep it.
Interesting points about recruiting. We used to be able to say to a potential recruit “Why go to Big State U and sit on the bench when you can play for us immediately.” We are to the point now to where I think that that no longer applies. Recruits will see us as a destination, not a second choice. I have confidence that Coach Watts, along with the staff, will lay the ground work for Coach Drinkwitz to close the deal on our best recruiting class ever. We will see in February.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:58 am

John-N-Houston wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:42 am
hotrod2001 wrote:
sfoal308 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
sfoal308 wrote:

Exactly.

Being ranked is essential in continuing to build our program. It's the equivalent of having a A+ Certification from the BBB on a business. When people see that ranking, they know it verifies this is a top-tier program regardless of conference affiliation or school size.

It'll help entice future recruits, put butts in the stands, build up the fanbase, broadcast games on bigger networks and maybe help make us more attractive to bigger conferences in the event the "E" word happens again.

Interesting points about recruiting. We used to be able to say to a potential recruit “Why go to Big State U and sit on the bench when you can play for us immediately.” We are to the point now to where I think that that no longer applies. Recruits will see us as a destination, not a second choice. I have confidence that Coach Watts, along with the staff, will lay the ground work for Coach Drinkwitz to close the deal on our best recruiting class ever. We will see in February.
Don't forget the early signing period which lasts for like 3 days starting Dec 18th, I think.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:59 am

John-N-Houston wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:42 am
hotrod2001 wrote:
sfoal308 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
sfoal308 wrote:

Exactly.

Don't forget the early signing period which lasts for like 3 days starting Dec 18th, I think.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:48 am

AppStAlum2007 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 pm
TheMoody1 wrote:
That was bad. If I remember correctly, didn't the Southern Conference end whatever agreement they had with PBS right before we left for the Sunbelt and no games were televised at all during the regular season?
Two or three years before, I seem to recall. We always had one or two games televised on some network I think in the last several years.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”