Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Fun to think about....What If.....I know you have thought it

fjblair

Re: Fun to think about....What If.....I know you have thought it

Unread post by fjblair » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:24 pm

I think these mental what if gymnastics are silly. I'm a realist. There is no scenario where a G5 team makes a 4 or 6 team playoff. Let's just worry about the next game on the schedule and the rest will take care of itself.

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:25 pm
VNova wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm
ggasu wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:49 pm
Division 1-A (fbs) College Football

Is the only sport in the WORLD ....from Back Woods Pee Wee Baseball to Chinese Professional Table Tennis that you can go undefeated in your "league" and not play for a championship.

It really is Ludicrous
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... id=rrpromo

This is based on CFP Committee behavior. When you mess around with the win-out blocks, it shows interesting probabilities. For example, Oklahoma State going into the bowl season with 2 losses has a 27% chance of making the playoffs, while a 2-loss Iowa State has 56%. SMU going undefeated is 5%, Boise is 4%, and App State is <1%.

More importantly, we have a 66% chance of being conference champs. If we beat ULM, it jumps to 73%. If we lose, it drops to 25%.

None of it is surprising, or really means a whole lot to us, but the tool is a fun little time waster.
Support for what I said earlier about winning all our game and we are going back to the same bowl as last year or one like it.
Those projections are the biggest pile of crap on the internet regarding football. Weren’t we a decided underdog as far as some %? Yeah that was not close to accurate.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:17 am

John-N-Houston wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:56 pm
If ANY G5 team were to make the play-offs, even Boise State, Nick Saban would have such a hissy fit that the NCAA would immediately relegate all G5 teams to the equivalent of the old 1AA system. The sad thing is that, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, G5 football players are the only group of college athletes that are NOT eligible to play for an NCAA championship. In big-time college sports, money rules and the high-budget teams are not going to allow teams with 1/10 the sports budget into the party.
Its not the NCAA, they have nothing to do with it. It is ESPN. And they (ESPN) is the reason a G5 school will never get in. These playoffs are for programs with HUGE fanbases. Remember the TCU Baylor thing a few years ago.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:27 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:17 am
John-N-Houston wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:56 pm
If ANY G5 team were to make the play-offs, even Boise State, Nick Saban would have such a hissy fit that the NCAA would immediately relegate all G5 teams to the equivalent of the old 1AA system. The sad thing is that, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, G5 football players are the only group of college athletes that are NOT eligible to play for an NCAA championship. In big-time college sports, money rules and the high-budget teams are not going to allow teams with 1/10 the sports budget into the party.
Its not the NCAA, they have nothing to do with it. It is ESPN. And they (ESPN) is the reason a G5 school will never get in. These playoffs are for programs with HUGE fanbases. Remember the TCU Baylor thing a few years ago.
Bottom line it's a freaking money Cartel that we aren't part of, and won't be unless we can somehow get into one of those conferences in the future. Room for a lot of improvement if you are a G5 fan.
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”