Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ted 'The Truth' Roof Appreciation Thread

falcoapp
School: Appalachian State

Ted 'The Truth' Roof Appreciation Thread

Unread post by falcoapp » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:46 pm

Thank you Mr. Roof for bringing your outstanding defensive mind to Boone and making me already forget the name of our last defensive coordinator.

I'm sorry you had to endure the stress of a small section of our clown community calling for your head after two games.

Longrifle28

Re: Ted 'The Truth' Roof Appreciation Thread

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Best game yet! I'm a believer!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:10 pm

There were idiots in front of me today screaming fire roof after the first (only) TD drive for ULM... so ridiculous

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:12 pm

yea i agree...as soon as i saw the stupid ass fire ted roof thread 2 effing weeks into the season...i knew some of the idiots who've never played a down of football or been around the game long enough to make educated decisions would be coming out....the man has been a coach forever and knows what the hell he's doing. he's well respected in the profession..he had to coach up his schemes and coach up some young players who needed to learn how to execute his game plan...give the guy a damn break.....he's a good coach and it was a great hire

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:39 pm

ncman071 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:12 pm
yea i agree...as soon as i saw the stupid ass fire ted roof thread 2 effing weeks into the season...i knew some of the idiots who've never played a down of football or been around the game long enough to make educated decisions would be coming out....the man has been a coach forever and knows what the hell he's doing. he's well respected in the profession..he had to coach up his schemes and coach up some young players who needed to learn how to execute his game plan...give the guy a damn break.....he's a good coach and it was a great hire
Agree. Probably the single most stupid thread ever, one that went on and on. I can’t help but feel that the coaching staff was aware of some the ridiculous comments us “App fans” were making.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Calling for the head of a coach their first year in is absurd unless the proverbial plane has crashed into the mountain (See Georgia Southern two seasons ago).

My personal rule is I give a coach 4 seasons before you start to talk about showing them the door. Seeing we're 6-0 and your only gripe is that we're not beating every team by 50 points every week, you're living on Planet Delusion.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Calling for the head of a coach their first year in is absurd unless the proverbial plane has crashed into the mountain (See Georgia Southern two seasons ago).

My personal rule is I give a coach 4 seasons before you start to talk about showing them the door. Seeing we're 6-0 and your only gripe is that we're not beating every team by 50 points every week, you're living on Planet Delusion.
I'll take beating them by 45 any day of the week.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:49 pm

falcoapp wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:46 pm
Thank you Mr. Roof for bringing your outstanding defensive mind to Boone and making me already forget the name of our last defensive coordinator.

I'm sorry you had to endure the stress of a small section of our clown community calling for your head after two games.
I don’t think App nation is a clown community. The first few games defensively we were trying to inject new schemes ....but man has Roof really made adjustments since ..amazing.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:49 pm
falcoapp wrote:

I don’t think App nation is a clown community. The first few games defensively we were trying to inject new schemes ....but man has Roof really made adjustments since ..amazing.
I’m quite certain that this will fall on deaf ears, but we didn’t change anything from game 1 to game 6, we just got better at what we do.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:13 pm

It’s very petty to keep this up, but man y’all guys who were making threads after week 2 and posting with such anger thinking y’all knew more than a D1 coach with a national championship ring deserve it. So damn moronic y’all are.

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 pm

This board is giving me whiplash. No doubt the defense is improving and playing faster. Let’s see what happens as we get ready to play 3 games in 15 days. We’re going to need the defense to continue to come up big for us if we’re going to come out unscathed through that stretch.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:47 pm

InFor6More wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 pm
This board is giving me whiplash. No doubt the defense is improving and playing faster. Let’s see what happens as we get ready to play 3 games in 15 days. We’re going to need the defense to continue to come up big for us if we’re going to come out unscathed through that stretch.
Today we played the JV. Next Saturday we play the Middle School team. I think we are going to be okay.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:50 pm

InFor6More wrote:
Dog, I hate to tell you, but the next two teams we play are bad with a capital B. Like, our second string would win next week bad.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Stay in the Booth Mr. Ted Roof. 👏
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:54 pm

It’s not necessarily the next two but the challenges that come with three in 15 days, which as you all know has been a problem for us in the past.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:56 pm

The d made great adjustments after the first drive. The d of last year is coming back. We are getting more and more dangerous.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:10 pm

InFor6More wrote:
The coaches started prepping for that this week. They rotated between the three tackles trying to keep them fresh on offense. Obviously that only works if you have a big lead that allows you to substitute liberally. If we are up comfortablely, three touchdowns, into the second half, I would expect a lot of clock chewing play calls to shorten the game for the defense.

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:09 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:58 pm

If we still have this staff in tact next year, it will be just short of a miracle. Keeping Drink for more than 4 seasons would probably be an actual miracle. The only way that happens is if we regress significantly in the next 3 years. If Roof is successful here this late in his career I hope he finds Boone to be "home" and stays as long as he can do the job well.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:28 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
falcoapp wrote:

You nailed it. Word coming from defensive players out of interviews and such was that there were more things being looked at from last season, our holdover coaches making more contributions, and those were being melded with Roofs scheme this season. You can tell he is trusting the players more and they are believing in his scheme more. Just look at the way they took away the slants (which have killed us all season) in the first drive. Same with the Fehr pick in the middle. Under the scheme we were running early this season, those plays don’t happen. You can tell there was a disconnect as Roof tried to get a feel for this defensive unit and the defensive unit adjusting to his base scheme. The “fire Roof” stuff was stupid, but to come on here and start a thread after every game calling people out is just as stupid. There were glaring issues through two games this season and a few more instances after. What shows a coaches prowess is adjustments, and through two games, there were none. His greatest strength, having years of P5 experience, was his greatest weakness- not knowing how to use a roster full of “tweeners” at a mid level school. He thought he needed to compensate for having no girth upfront by blitzing and reinforcing the line with LBs. To Roofs credit, he finally corralled our “horses” and figured out how to ride them. His blitzes have become more intentional than overused and his coverages have become more disguised than basic. I love what I’m seeing from them and I love seeing App believing in each other.

1-0, sure, but I’m hungry for undefeated. We can do it if we stay the course.
Last edited by appstatealum on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:34 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
falcoapp wrote:

I’m quite certain that this will fall on deaf ears, but we didn’t change anything from game 1 to game 6, we just got better at what we do.
Base scheme formation is the same, but positioning, blitzing percentages, coverage combinations are all significantly different. A lot has changed since week 2, Roof would be the first to tell you that. Big applause to him for making the move to the booth in order to get a better gauge on this defense and making the adjustments he needed to make in order to correct the major issues we had earlier in the season.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”