Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN Bowl Predictions

WVAPPeer
School: Other

ESPN Bowl Predictions

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:24 pm

I don't give much credence to this stuff - especially with half a season to play but my question is do these bozo predictors think Ga State and/or ULL are going to win the SB - OR are they too lazy to find out who actually goes to the New Orleans Bowl?

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
Dec. 21, 9 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Georgia State vs. Marshall
Schlabach: Louisiana Tech vs. Louisiana
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Re: ESPN Bowl Predictions

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Definitely the latter
Give 'em hell!

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:02 pm

ESPN is clearly loaded with morons who know less about Bowl selection than the average fan. Its embarrassing really. If I were a betting man I would take the information they present and bet the farm on the opposite.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:12 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:24 pm
I don't give much credence to this stuff - especially with half a season to play but my question is do these bozo predictors think Ga State and/or ULL are going to win the SB - OR are they too lazy to find out who actually goes to the New Orleans Bowl?

Dec. 21, 9 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Georgia State vs. Marshall
Schlabach: Louisiana Tech vs. Louisiana
Stop going to their website and giving them page views. No sense in feeding the (stupid) beast.

I think it is laziness and not having time to look stuff up before they have to write more articles for more page views, to get more page ads.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:20 pm

I meant to add that they have APP playing Ball St in the Mobile Bowl --- Again, as I said, I don't put much stock in what they say but I love college football so I will always probably click on worthless articles ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

FTE_rawr

Unread post by FTE_rawr » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:21 pm

They never get our bowls right.
---------------------------------------------
Class of '19

Mainly a reddit user, skimming message boards for App News.

Come talk at /r/CFB and /r/sunbelt

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:23 pm

No offense to the one who started the thread, as I'm sure you just came across this. But guys....for years, and years, every week....same thread. We show a crazy espn article with impossible bowl pairings, then we question if the people know about bowl ties ins. 1. No they dont for G5 bowls. 2. They only care about NY6 and playoff games.

Public service announcement....they aren't meant to be read by us. They dont care. Stop reading them. Stop making new threads. We are going to a NY6 if we win out, we may have interesting speculation if we go 12-1 with only a close loss to SC (but not NY6), we are going to the New Orleans Bowl if we win the conference in any other scenario. We are going to one of 3 other sun belt tie ins if we fail to win the conference. That is all. Screenshot this, and you will see this is how it will go.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:20 pm
I meant to add that they have APP playing Ball St in the Mobile Bowl --- Again, as I said, I don't put much stock in what they say but I love college football so I will always probably click on worthless articles ---
It is hard to argue with that logic. :D
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:11 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:23 pm
No offense to the one who started the thread, as I'm sure you just came across this. But guys....for years, and years, every week....same thread. We show a crazy espn article with impossible bowl pairings, then we question if the people know about bowl ties ins. 1. No they dont for G5 bowls. 2. They only care about NY6 and playoff games.

Public service announcement....they aren't meant to be read by us. They dont care. Stop reading them. Stop making new threads. We are going to a NY6 if we win out, we may have interesting speculation if we go 12-1 with only a close loss to SC (but not NY6), we are going to the New Orleans Bowl if we win the conference in any other scenario. We are going to one of 3 other sun belt tie ins if we fail to win the conference. That is all. Screenshot this, and you will see this is how it will go.
Other stuff has to happen we don't control our own destiny in this.
BLACK SATURDAY

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:11 pm
AppSt12 wrote:

Other stuff has to happen we don't control our own destiny in this.
The scenarios aren’t quite as absolute as he puts them, but the basic point - that we have a small number of potential destinations, and we all essentially know what it takes to reach each of them without reading weekly, nonsensical bowl projections - is correct.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 pm

AppSt12 wrote:

No offense taken and hopefully no offense taken by you - but maybe you should follow your own advice and just not read these posts --- ;)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:33 pm

No. 21 Appalachian State
App State will need help making a case for the Group of 5's New Year's Six bowl bid -- for starters, Boise State and SMU probably need to lose -- but the Mountaineers let their play talk for them today. Quarterback Zac Thomas and the devastating App offense played Name Your Score on poor ULM (it settled on 52), and Eliah Drinkwitz's squad should keep rolling until its Nov. 9 trip to South Carolina. -- Bill Connelly

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:19 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 pm
AppSt12 wrote:

No offense taken and hopefully no offense taken by you - but maybe you should follow your own advice and just not read these posts --- ;)
Agreed. I really enjoy bowl talk, and long for the day when someone would put together probable projections based on current standings. But it just doesnt exist for us...which kinda sucks...but win each week and none of us will complain...

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:34 pm

Dec. 21, 9 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Appalachian State vs. Marshall
Schlabach: Appalachian State vs. Louisiana Tech

Just read this on ESPN. Probably not horrible opponents if we don’t get the biggie

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:42 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:33 pm
No. 21 Appalachian State
App State will need help making a case for the Group of 5's New Year's Six bowl bid -- for starters, Boise State and SMU probably need to lose -- but the Mountaineers let their play talk for them today. Quarterback Zac Thomas and the devastating App offense played Name Your Score on poor ULM (it settled on 52), and Eliah Drinkwitz's squad should keep rolling until its Nov. 9 trip to South Carolina. -- Bill Connelly
It will be a cold day in hell before they let a sunbelt team into the NY6.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:52 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:42 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
No. 21 Appalachian State
Might just be a cold day in Boone.....

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:57 pm

appdaze wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
No. 21 Appalachian State
It is not if they let us in. If the following happens then App State WILL BE in a NY6.

1. We win out. That is most important. We can't lose a game. Must be 13-0. 12-1 and we will not be.
2. SDSU and Boise State from MWC lose one more each.
3. SMU loses one more in the regular season or loses in the AAC title game.
4. Cincinnati loses one more.

We will then be the highest ranked G5 team in the CFP for sure and it will be an automatic invite. We need a lot of help and can't worry about that now though. We just need to focus on South Alabama, Georgia Southern, South Carolina, Texas State, Georgia State, and Troy for now. We still have a long way to go before 2-4 even matter.

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:50 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:57 pm
appdaze wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
No. 21 Appalachian State
It is not if they let us in. If the following happens then App State WILL BE in a NY6.

1. We win out. That is most important. We can't lose a game. Must be 13-0. 12-1 and we will not be.
2. SDSU and Boise State from MWC lose one more each.
3. SMU loses one more in the regular season or loses in the AAC title game.
4. Cincinnati loses one more.

We will then be the highest ranked G5 team in the CFP for sure and it will be an automatic invite. We need a lot of help and can't worry about that now though. We just need to focus on South Alabama, Georgia Southern, South Carolina, Texas State, Georgia State, and Troy for now. We still have a long way to go before 2-4 even matter.
I agree with your list except for number 2. The way it stands now, Cincy and SMU need to lose at some point.

As far as number 2 goes, if both SDSU and App win out, I think we'd get in pretty easily over them. Their only P5 game was one against a pretty poor UCLA team albeit they did win.

Boise is the interesting one though. Unfortunately I think if they win out and so do we they would probably end up getting the NY6 even with the loss last night. Pollsters love Boise State and I don't see the CFP being any different.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:37 pm

I'd be raging pissed if Boise or Cincinnati get picked over undefeated App with losses to 2-4 BYU and a 42-0 loss to Ohio State.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:17 pm

I mean everybody can grumble over ESPNs raging bon**er for the P5 conferences and their “journalism” or you can realize that they are not journalists and don’t care about getting it right. They solely publish based on ratings. Also neither their uniformed interpretation of the FB landscape nor does the AP/coaches poll have anything to do with any of the CFP bowls. Nobody outside of the committee has a clue what the first poll will look like in a few weeks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”