Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Renaming the FCS...again?

AppStateNate

Renaming the FCS...again?

Unread post by AppStateNate » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Stumbled upon this today.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ ... s-17088773

ESPN.com still has the divisions listed as "FBS (Division I-A)" and "FCS (Division I-AA)". Whatever they decide to do, I hope it won't be as atrocious as the Big 10 "Leaders" and "Legends".

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Renaming the FCS...again?

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:54 am

Did anyone else notice the slight by Iamarino?

"The reality is, there's going to be a label used somewhere to differentiate between the Nebraskas of the world and the Woffords and Georgia Southerns of the world,"

Also, one must love his strategy, much like his management of the conference's situation, "I almost think we just ought to grit our teeth and work a little harder and make FCS work". When practically all other conferences are looking for ways to improve their label and brand, Iamarino does the same as POTUS, nothing.

asu1978

Unread post by asu1978 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:47 am

Yes,another reason to "move on up"

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:05 am

AtlAppMan wrote:Did anyone else notice the slight by Iamarino?

"The reality is, there's going to be a label used somewhere to differentiate between the Nebraskas of the world and the Woffords and Georgia Southerns of the world,"

Also, one must love his strategy, much like his management of the conference's situation, "I almost think we just ought to grit our teeth and work a little harder and make FCS work". When practically all other conferences are looking for ways to improve their label and brand, Iamarino does the same as POTUS, nothing.

I may be wrong, but I dont think anything was intentional. He was just naming two league schools. I'm happy he left us out. In fact, I'd be more offended if he had said Appalachian State (sorry, Appalachian States :roll: -- how I hate when names are pluraled like that. It's lazy). I see a difference between the "Appalachian States of the world and the Woffords of the world."
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:09 am

You can put lipstick on a pig..... but its still a pig.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”