Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Delicate Subject: Does anyone leave early afther this Season

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Delicate Subject: Does anyone leave early afther this Season

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am

My main concern is Darrynton. Does he take a flyer and work out for scouts as a wide receiver? 4th-6th round?
Last edited by Rekdiver on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

bigdaddyg

Re: Delicate Subject: Does anyone leave early afther this Season

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:11 am

Gotta be a little concerned with any stud Junior who was a freshman redshirt. How much more can his stock possibly rise playing one more year? Who knows especially if he graduates this Spring. We all know how scary good the team can be next season. We will still have a good amount of running back depth but...

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:20 am

Doubt it. Duck isn't in the league and Moore is stashed on a practice squad. Duck will be the primary example, since he was fully healthy and chose to leave. I think that will keep everyone on the roster another year.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:27 am

Can we all try to show our players the basic respect of learning how to spell their names correctly before posting about them? It gets really old coming to this board to read about Darrington Evans, Zach Thomas and Cameron Peoples. You'd feel the same if it was someone misspelling your name.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 am

ASU2012 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:20 am
Doubt it. Duck isn't in the league and Moore is stashed on a practice squad. Duck will be the primary example, since he was fully healthy and chose to leave. I think that will keep everyone on the roster another year.
Duck and Evans are not comparable draft prospects. Yes they are both undersized for their respective positions, but Evans makes up for his lack of height with ELITE speed, acceleration, and vision. He is a game breaking talent that will get looks. I hope he stays an extra year but if he left I would not be surprised.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:33 am

AppySprayberry wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:27 am
Can we all try to show our players the basic respect of learning how to spell their names correctly before posting about them? It gets really old coming to this board to read about Darrington Evans, Zach Thomas and Cameron Peoples. You'd feel the same if it was someone misspelling your name.
I think Elijah Drinkawitz will keep them all here.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 am

To me, I don't worry about it. Will it happen? Maybe, but to date we've had one leave early. I don't personally view it as gaining more stock (which I think everyone besides defensive players can do due to defensive players being avoided by opposing teams in their game plans), but more an opportunity to get one more year of strength and conditioning under their belt. Let's face it, most of the time, a big name from our program is going to be listed as "undersized." Why not stay all years and gain a bit of size, pad the stats up, and raise the stock that much higher? I always see the injury reason get passed around a lot over here, but there's a chance of injury every single practice and every single game. Heck, there's a chance of injury getting out of the shower in the morning. I don't see any reason why anyone besides MAYBE a star defensive player would leave early.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:41 am

AppySprayberry wrote:
What a weird thing to get your panties twisted over. You literally have "Appy" in your username.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 am

NavyApp wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 am
ASU2012 wrote:
Duck and Evans are not comparable draft prospects. Yes they are both undersized for their respective positions, but Evans makes up for his lack of height with ELITE speed, acceleration, and vision. He is a game breaking talent that will get looks. I hope he stays an extra year but if he left I would not be surprised.
Sure, but the point is he just saw a teammate leave early only to fall short (currently) of making an NFL roster. From his perspective, you have to think that will factor into his decision.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:46 am

I think we have plenty of players capable of playing in the NFL, but not any that should risk leaving early. Darrynton, who is capable of leaving early, will stay for his degree. He was not listed on the Wuerffel Award watch list for nothing.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:53 am

Evans isn't an NFL running back. He isn't a receiver unless someone wants to take time to develop him or find a place for his speed.

Our best pro prospect is Gaither-Davis, but he is a senior.
BLACK SATURDAY

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:58 am

ASU2012 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:41 am
AppySprayberry wrote:
What a weird thing to get your panties twisted over. You literally have "Appy" in your username.
It’s weird to spell someone’s name correctly?

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:59 am

ASU2012 wrote:
AppySprayberry wrote:
That has absolutely nothing to do with my point. My name is a reference that you apparently don't understand. Spelling someone's name correctly is extremely basic courtesy. If you think it's weird to expect that courtesy for our players you must not place much importance on respecting others.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:00 am

It's fair to wonder about, but the answer is that no one here knows or probably even has a good idea. So we're going to get a bunch of posts of people substituting their views of what *should* happen as the reality of what *will* happen.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:03 am

ASU2012 wrote:
DE is roughly the same size as the Panther's CMC and he's shown the NFL that he can be an every down back that produces. Add to that DE's kick return ability and that drives his stock up. I think Duck's situation would weigh heavily in DE's decision.

App would be very thin next year at RB if Evans leaves after losing CP and DH again this year. Those 2 may not be 100% by next season (speculation, no inside info). I believe MWjr. is set to graduate and he may grad transfer to play his final season leaving the cupboard bare, especially since Drink and Co. haven't gotten a RB commitment and it doesn't appear there were many RB offers/prospects on 247. This may be a good sign because I'd imagine Drink has spoken with the players to get an idea on what their plans are, or at least I hope so.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 am

proasu89 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:58 am
ASU2012 wrote:
AppySprayberry wrote:
It's more weird to freak out about it on an internet message board.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:29 am

I can just see it now. Another thread that will go completely off the rails with pages of back and forth insults about misspelling names and then then the subsequent smart ass responses. We really look pathetic sometimes. I wonder if other school message boards devote so much energy in tearing each other down? And we are supposedly all fans of the same university.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:30 am

ASU2012 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 am
proasu89 wrote:
ASU2012 wrote:
AppySprayberry wrote:
I'm not really sure where you're seeing a freak out, but none of it seems as weird as you defending misspellings of the names of our players.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:34 am

AppySprayberry wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:30 am
ASU2012 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 am
proasu89 wrote:
ASU2012 wrote:
AppySprayberry wrote:
I'm not really sure where you're seeing a freak out, but none of it seems as weird as you defending misspellings of the names of our players.
I corrected it already...........Mistakes happen.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:39 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:29 am
I wonder if other school message boards devote so much energy in tearing each other down?
This place is quite tame compared to most.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”