Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

***THURSDAY UPDATE*** APP STATE / GA SOUTHERN WX TRENDS

JPatH3292
School: Appalachian State

Re: APP STATE / GA SOUTHERN WX TRENDS

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:27 am

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:03 am
ah59396 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:48 pm
Just wish we could get one game on tv with a packed house in Boone to showcase the Rock in full effect.

With this combination of awful weather and Thursday night, I fear there will be a lot of empty seats.
Yeah, another major downside of the hill is that it becomes unusable whenever there is precipitation –– which, in Boone, is often. That adds to the empty look.

I think the long-term plan for the hill should involve enclosing at least 2/3 of it with seats, and maybe leaving a middle third grass like Clemson does.

That will definitely need to be something they take into consideration moving forward with expanding the stadium. The hill as it is now is a slip n slide on rainy gamedays AND provides poor viewpoints of the game due to how far back it sits from the field. Usually can’t tell if we ran for 20 yards or 2 yards.
However it does provide one of the best views of the mountains (+ soon to be the new end zone facility). With the new scoreboard on the hill, they will have to build/work around that and I know they had a heck of a time with the foundation. But lots of potential there

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 am

For the hill, medium term, I'd like to see it filled in and to be closer to the field. Put concrete down and make a massive patio/food/beer garden up top. Eventually, begin putting real seats on it long term.
Give 'em hell!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:40 am

Seeing some places say that rain ending earlier Thursday, don't know if that means after midnight or earlier in the evening?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:54 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 am
For the hill, medium term, I'd like to see it filled in and to be closer to the field. Put concrete down and make a massive patio/food/beer garden up top. Eventually, begin putting real seats on it long term.
I believe that what you are describing is in fact the long term plan.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:54 am
BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 am
I believe that what you are describing is in fact the long term plan.
Well then, I guess I agree with the plan! Just let me win the lottery, and it will be so.
Give 'em hell!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:45 am

I'll be there. Making the drive in from Charlotte right after work and heading back right after the game. It's going to be a long Friday at work but supporting our team takes priority over sleep.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 am

To repeat my post over on the Sun Belt board:

old German proverb: There's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

Another poster suggested printing that saying on all tickets and posting it on signs at each entrance to Kidd Brewer Stadium. I think that's a great idea.

Just wear layers of non-cotton garments, and you can endure almost any weather. I truly am puzzled why this seems to be a challenge for some App grads. Did you wear shorts all year as an undergrad?

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:53 am

To be honest I did wear shorts year round, too hot in the classrooms in Raley (guess that's Peacock these days).

May try to find a black App rain jacket before the game, not much luck online so far though.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:04 am

biggie wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:53 am
To be honest I did wear shorts year round, too hot in the classrooms in Raley (guess that's Peacock these days).

May try to find a black App rain jacket before the game, not much luck online so far though.
I got a nice one at the Fanatics in the Boone Mall last year. Columbia water proof. No hood though.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:15 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:04 am
biggie wrote:

I got a nice one at the Fanatics in the Boone Mall last year. Columbia water proof. No good though.
I'll look around assuming we have time. I have a decent App rain/wind breaker but its mostly white. And have an all black ski jacket, but would be too hot. All these things I think of instead of working right now, 3 day week and I don't know if I'll work that much.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am

Is there any chance they move the game to Saturday? I just read 100% chance of rain Thursday night. All jokes aside that is a miserable 3 hours. My son and I are planning to make the 3.5 hour drive but dang.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:06 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am
Is there any chance they move the game to Saturday? I just read 100% chance of rain Thursday night. All jokes aside that is a miserable 3 hours. My son and I are planning to make the 3.5 hour drive but dang.
I wish for the sake of the game. I much rather play them in ideal conditions where the weather isn’t a factor because I believe we would stomp them. Sloppy conditions can be the great equalizer and I would hate to drop another to them because of dropped passes, fumbles etc. Unfortunately we would probably play in 3 ft of snow and -20 just to get tv exposure so it won’t be moved.

wilsonappman

Unread post by wilsonappman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:30 pm

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Frogg-Toggs- ... _D_BwE[url][/url]

Literally the best $25 purchase you'll ever make. My wife and I have one and it is awesome. Let it rain!! Go Apps!!!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:36 pm

WXAPP wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:23 pm
A Ghoulish Halloween forecast! Rain and chilly / cold temperatures. Welcome to THE ROCK Ga. Southern.... Mid to low 50s for the kickoff. End of the game temps will be in the upper 40s.

Rain gear needed. Will need to work to keep your feet and head dry. Hypothermia for the unprepared is not a pretty thing. Rain looks to be pretty steady. I don't anticipate many breaks in the rain.

Will tweak the next few days.

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

-WXAPP
You just dig around on that Doppler radar of yours and find some old ground clutter to replace that rain with... Go on! :lol: ;) :D

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:37 pm

biggie wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:15 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:04 am
biggie wrote:

I got a nice one at the Fanatics in the Boone Mall last year. Columbia water proof. No good though.
I'll look around assuming we have time. I have a decent App rain/wind breaker but its mostly white. And have an all black ski jacket, but would be too hot. All these things I think of instead of working right now, 3 day week and I don't know if I'll work that much.
Same here. Two of my doctors are on vacation so we are running a light office anyway. My day has been spent watching the crane set beams on the end zone cam and begrudgingly coming out of my office only when an employee needs me. I'll get payroll done so I can get paid on Friday, but other than that not a lot of work will be done this week!

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:45 pm

JPatH3292 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:27 am
SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:03 am
ah59396 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:48 pm
Just wish we could get one game on tv with a packed house in Boone to showcase the Rock in full effect.

With this combination of awful weather and Thursday night, I fear there will be a lot of empty seats.
Yeah, another major downside of the hill is that it becomes unusable whenever there is precipitation –– which, in Boone, is often. That adds to the empty look.

I think the long-term plan for the hill should involve enclosing at least 2/3 of it with seats, and maybe leaving a middle third grass like Clemson does.

That will definitely need to be something they take into consideration moving forward with expanding the stadium. The hill as it is now is a slip n slide on rainy gamedays AND provides poor viewpoints of the game due to how far back it sits from the field. Usually can’t tell if we ran for 20 yards or 2 yards.
However it does provide one of the best views of the mountains (+ soon to be the new end zone facility). With the new scoreboard on the hill, they will have to build/work around that and I know they had a heck of a time with the foundation. But lots of potential there
I don't know how people can stand to sit on the hill or even in section 205/206/207. The music from the scoreboard is so loud you can't hear yourself think. Another reason we need more BOD playing and less scoreboard music. I do love my seats in 203!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:15 am

Ray’s Tuesday morning forecast says the heaviest rains (and possible thunder) will be from 2 PM until 7 PM on Thursday and that the rain will move out quickly. The other variable is that the winds will pick up while colder air pours in. Hoping for a somewhat dry second half. I’m sure Jeff will keep us posted as we get closer.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:47 am

I'm certainly no weather guy, but it seems to be trending toward that system moving through by about game time. Thank goodness for parking decks!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:45 am

Yep looking maybe dryer later but that wind may hurt our passing game, 15-25mph (50mph late night).

Gnomeneer

Unread post by Gnomeneer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:01 am

Go by Walmart and pick up some of the clear 97 cent throw away poncho's and pass them out to our FANTASTIC students. I've got ten. They can be found around the fishing gear.

Just a small thank you to the life that they bring to each game!

Beat Ga Southern!
Last edited by Gnomeneer on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”