Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

(Afternoon) Classes need to be canceled Thursday for GaSo

appgrouch
School: Appalachian State
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Re: (Afternoon) Classes need to be canceled Thursday for GaSo

Unread post by appgrouch » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 pm

bettysburner wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:16 pm
appgrouch wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:01 pm
MountaineerKidd wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:47 pm
appgrouch wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:40 pm
MountaineerKidd wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:31 pm

Not true. In 2017 against Southern Raley was open on the side closest to Rivers Street.
The spaces were marked as Fac/Staff until 5 pm and then they were opened to festival parking for the game. Students could tailgate in that lot after 5 if they could find a space. It's the same rules as this year just that they moved the first cut off from 3:30 to 4pm.
I am pretty confident there was a tailgate lottery for that game, as I remember a car that was parked on the Rivers Street side of Raley being towed out of that area due to being in a spot designated for tailgating.
Also the problem with this situation is that the SGA opened the tailgate lottery and students were sent an email saying they won a tailgate spot just to go to the SGA office to pick up the spots and be told that it was a mistake.
The car may have been in a space marked 151 or higher. All the numbers with 151 and up had to be gone by 3:30. They may have also parked there without a valid hangtag before 5pm.

As to the SGA, I hope they pay better attention in class, because they blew this, no matter who they blame.
Wanna hear a funny joke?

SGA.
For the Rotfl:

Competent Government
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:46 pm

Students will turn up for the game. Students aren't the issue. The (attendance) issue is adults who come up the mountain. This is what I don't understand about this topic. Non students are the one's complaining about classes not being canceled. It is a very small percentage of undergrads who won't be finished with class by 5:00. The attendance issue with a weekday game isn't really related to the class schedule.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:51 pm

I’m in Seattle and can’t come, so I’ll preface my post by stating my own hypocrisy.

But I expect the attendance to be lousy. A combination of Thursday, Halloween, a game on cable and weather all leads me to believe the crowd is going to be sparse and that depresses the hell out of me. I think there will be a couple more eyes on this game than usual given our ranking and we have such an awesome opportunity to show off Kidd Brewer and App nation. It’s a shame it’ll be a shell of what it can be.

I’m sure it’ll still be loud and the diehards will be there until :00, but the optics are gonna suck and that stinks.
YNWA

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:51 am

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:51 pm
I’m in Seattle and can’t come, so I’ll preface my post by stating my own hypocrisy.

But I expect the attendance to be lousy. A combination of Thursday, Halloween, a game on cable and weather all leads me to believe the crowd is going to be sparse and that depresses the hell out of me. I think there will be a couple more eyes on this game than usual given our ranking and we have such an awesome opportunity to show off Kidd Brewer and App nation. It’s a shame it’ll be a shell of what it can be.

I’m sure it’ll still be loud and the diehards will be there until :00, but the optics are gonna suck and that stinks.
Universities with a large alumni base in the same city as said University usually have no problem with attendance for weekday games. Only the schools, like App, where the majority of people have to travel over an hour + to attend games have issues...we are no alone.

For the topic at hand, I think the tailgaters should make the adjustments to their schedules, not the university. If logistics are a problem, students moving their vehicles, people trying to park for game, give the students and staff more time. Open game parking at 5:30/6:00 as opposed to 5 and just plan accordingly.

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:02 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:25 am
The obvious solution is that they should cancel all the classes at App for good. Attendance to all football games becomes mandatory and students can only wear jerseys as approved on campus attire. Instead of class, all students train to play football in the event we need added depth to the roster. Essentially we adopt something akin to the Spartan warrior model from Ancient Greece.

After four years you get a degree and a replica of our cotton bowl trophy.
I was gonna say that the obvious decision is to allow students to tailgate in the actual classroom and during the actual lecture. That way the students can start tailgating earlier like they want, the professors can have attendance in class like they want and then everyone can walk right outside to the lots after class for a smooth transition into gameday atmosphere.

You're welcome.

This is obviously sarcasm. I understand both sides. When I was a student, I'd have made the choice to skip class for the game. Felt like the experience was worth more than the lecture at that time. Not saying it's right, it's just what I did/would have done. Was willing to live with the consequences.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:11 pm

AppHoops wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:02 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:25 am
The obvious solution is that they should cancel all the classes at App for good. Attendance to all football games becomes mandatory and students can only wear jerseys as approved on campus attire. Instead of class, all students train to play football in the event we need added depth to the roster. Essentially we adopt something akin to the Spartan warrior model from Ancient Greece.

After four years you get a degree and a replica of our cotton bowl trophy.
I was gonna say that the obvious decision is to allow students to tailgate in the actual classroom and during the actual lecture. That way the students can start tailgating earlier like they want, the professors can have attendance in class like they want and then everyone can walk right outside to the lots after class for a smooth transition into gameday atmosphere.

You're welcome.

This is obviously sarcasm. I understand both sides. When I was a student, I'd have made the choice to skip class for the game. Felt like the experience was worth more than the lecture at that time. Not saying it's right, it's just what I did/would have done. Was willing to live with the consequences.
Ha! Yes, I’m very very confident I would not be in class today.

I’d probably already be in my front yard on Howard Street, grilling hot dogs and drinking a cold one. Prepping for the game.

Clearly I was an exemplary student.
YNWA

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:24 pm

Good day for gummies....

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:12 pm

Rekdiver wrote: