App State + Kyle Busch car

User avatar
AppUSMC
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by AppUSMC » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Soooo, I just became a NASCAR fan in 3 seconds flat!



Appstate88
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 640 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Want see it driven around the track and Yosef climb out and fire his rifle



User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 pm

Kyle is basically NASCAR's version of a WWE heel.

I don't even follow the sport and I was able to get Tdog's joke.



Appstate88
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 640 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:14 pm

I’m guessing we’ll get some black and gold M&Ms coming through the gates. Forget the weather. Get up the Mountain. Go Apps!



t4pizza
Posts: 3094
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:00 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 393 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:35 pm

I don't follow NASCAR at all but I gotta say, that is one awesome looking car.



Woodstovegang
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: HICKORY
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Anyone know if it's still going to be in concourse tomorrow?


Image

Apptrain
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Apptrain » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Pretty cool how they anticipated our next week’s ranking and put it on the car.



appstate77
Posts: 2250
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:49 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Little River, South Carolina
Has thanked: 925 times
Been thanked: 583 times
Contact:

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:08 pm

It is likely what they call a show car. It may not have an engine in it. Ive seen show cars with and without an engine. Nonetheless it looks GOOOOOOOD! Perhaps part of a bigger "treat" to be revealed on Halloween?



User avatar
bettysburner
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:55 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by bettysburner » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:51 pm

Joe Gibbs’ way of saying thanks for playing his grandson last week in garbage time.



Woodstovegang
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: HICKORY
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:35 pm

Anyone that follows NASCAR knows Tenn sponsored car in 90's Coastal sponsored in 2000's Alabama/Auburn in 90's. We have NASCAR history in our library and on field we should sponsor at least infinity series car for one race. Our history as mountaineers is racing. Thunder road


Image

User avatar
hotrod2001
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:26 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 398 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:47 pm

They should run that baby at Bristol. It'd get a huge pop.



Woodstovegang
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: HICKORY
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:01 pm

Tenn sponsored Sterling Marlin for three years at Bristol due to his being from TN. #11 at Bristol in ASU colors!!!!!!


Image

User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:56 am

Woodstovegang wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:35 pm
Anyone that follows NASCAR knows Tenn sponsored car in 90's Coastal sponsored in 2000's Alabama/Auburn in 90's. We have NASCAR history in our library and on field we should sponsor at least infinity series car for one race. Our history as mountaineers is racing. Thunder road
Clemson has sponsored a Cup series car through Rick Ware Racing on a couple of occasions in the past. UNC Charlotte has had sponsored cars on the track for a number of years, in at least the Xfinity and Truck series. Also, Liberty University has a logo on a Cup car at the track every week, on the #24 Hendrick car of William Byron..and about 1/3rd of the year as primary sponsor.

This wouldn't be a stretch for us to do as a one-off, assuming an existing JGR sponsor would be willing to step aside for one-week, at the right track, as primary. The JGR stable is in a good spot sponsorship wise right now, so that might be a tough pull on the Cup side, short of using our aforementioned Mars, Inc. connections to actually make something happen on the #18.



Appster99
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Appster99 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:20 am

If App would let Extreme Graphics do a wrap for my '64 Ford pickup with that design I would have the coolest truck in the lot wherever I was parked!



Appster99
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Appster99 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:30 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:56 am
Woodstovegang wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:35 pm
Anyone that follows NASCAR knows Tenn sponsored car in 90's Coastal sponsored in 2000's Alabama/Auburn in 90's. We have NASCAR history in our library and on field we should sponsor at least infinity series car for one race. Our history as mountaineers is racing. Thunder road
Clemson has sponsored a Cup series car through Rick Ware Racing on a couple of occasions in the past. UNC Charlotte has had sponsored cars on the track for a number of years, in at least the Xfinity and Truck series. Also, Liberty University has a logo on a Cup car at the track every week, on the #24 Hendrick car of William Byron..and about 1/3rd of the year as primary sponsor.

This wouldn't be a stretch for us to do as a one-off, assuming an existing JGR sponsor would be willing to step aside for one-week, at the right track, as primary. The JGR stable is in a good spot sponsorship wise right now, so that might be a tough pull on the Cup side, short of using our aforementioned Mars, Inc. connections to actually make something happen on the #18.
The last thing I want to do is be a buzz kill, but most people don't understand the investment in marketing and would have a stroke if they thought the University was "wasting" that kind of money on a race care. The only way that sees a track is if Joe Gibbs himself pays for it and even then there would be a protest. Ethan Joyce would have to write a precursory article to douse the flames before the fire of misinformation got out of control. As for me, I'd write a check for $1000 today if it helped get that car on the track for one race.



User avatar
Chaz
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Chaz » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:56 am

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:17 pm
Next time let's get a car of a driver that people actually like.
You're not wrong, though.



PoplarHillApp
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:53 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:48 am

Appstate should look into getting some 1/24 diecast models of that car. I'd definitely buy a few for Christmas presents (and two for me!)



Appstate88
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 640 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 am

Woodstovegang wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:44 pm
Anyone know if it's still going to be in concourse tomorrow?
I believe I read somewhere it would be in the Endzone at game time.



User avatar
lillycafe
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:42 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by lillycafe » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:50 am

The connection to get this done is probably Mark Ricks!! Could be Joe Gibbs, but probably Ricks.



ASU3432Mi
Posts: 815
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:43 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1054 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: App State + Kyle Busch car

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:54 am

I think both the Gibbs grandsons got in the game late against S. Alabama.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 152 users online :: 3 registered, 1 hidden and 148 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: APP93, Longrifle28, sixtoes9134 and 148 guests