Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Can we now shut up about being ranked?

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Can we now shut up about being ranked?

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:19 pm

For the record, IF we bounce back and beat South Carolina, we absolutely have a chance to get back in the rankings this year. NY6 is likely gone but top 25 is still on the table if our guys can regroup.

However, if everyone would prefer to sulk and stew on this one a couple days before moving on, I totally get that.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 pm

sfoal308 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 pm
The two of you (you know who you are) are more than free to shut up about us being ranked

I, however, will continue to be happy that my favorite team was ranked, and I will continue to talk about it
I'm happy we were but we are no longer ranked so i assume the gloating ends since that and the NY6 are completely over. I think the guy who started the thread, myself, and others are just pissed that all the good stuff is now over. We will never be ranked again this year.

I think the main point is that we did not deserve it. In a vacuum it is great. That free publicity we got for a couple weeks is wonderful. I enjoy all the articles. Over the long term though if this keeps up people will see this as a pattern and laugh. Although, I doubt voters will vote for us until we beat a ranked team, and that is probably how it should be. We can't keep beating up on bad teams and think we deserve to be ranked.

South Carolina is licking their chops and looking at this game as more of a lock than before. If we are worthy of the hype we got we will go win in Columbia next week and show we just had one bad half the previous week. The next game is still huge and can at least help us change the narrative back if we have a strong performance.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 pm

Hopefully we will bounce back, however, today we were out coached and played by a team we should have easily beaten.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:19 pm
For the record, IF we bounce back and beat South Carolina, we absolutely have a chance to get back in the rankings this year. NY6 is likely gone but top 25 is still on the table if our guys can regroup.

However, if everyone would prefer to sulk and stew on this one a couple days before moving on, I totally get that.
Are you thinking if we beat them we could sneak back in the following week? If so, that won't happen. Now, if we win out then perhaps we could get it back after winning the SBC title game but it won't happen again in the regular season and I highly doubt it happens anyway.

One thing that will keep us from being ranked regardless of what we do is if GSU wins out in the SBC. If they do then they will go to the title game and there is no way a 2nd place team in the SBC is ranked. We not only have to win out but need GSU to lose because there is no way a 3 loss SBC team is going to be ranked.

FTE_rawr

Unread post by FTE_rawr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 pm

This wasn't a blowout like last year. We probably won't be ranked after this week, but a win over SC will put us back in contention. I think we only dropped 10 spots after last year's game: this year were further up and had a closer loss.

And rankings are important for the school, so no, we're gonna keep talking about them
---------------------------------------------
Class of '19

Mainly a reddit user, skimming message boards for App News.

Come talk at /r/CFB and /r/sunbelt

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 pm

sfoal308 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:17 pm
BTK2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:15 pm
sfoal308 wrote:
The two of you (you know who you are) are more than free to shut up about us being ranked

I, however, will continue to be happy that my favorite team was ranked, and I will continue to talk about it
So you’re seriously gonna brag that app was ranked a couple weeks this season? Let me know how seriously other people take you. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Nobody will care.
I would rather SportsCenter lead with an undefeated, ranked App State losing than SportsCenter not mention us at all

It's better for the long term health of the program
That’s normally my first impression when I watch sportscenter, “wow look at that great and elite team Getting their tails kicked by an unranked and Unknown school”

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:26 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 pm
EastHallApp wrote:

Are you thinking if we beat them we could sneak back in the following week? If so, that won't happen. Now, if we win out then perhaps we could get it back after winning the SBC title game but it won't happen again in the regular season and I highly doubt it happens anyway.

One thing that will keep us from being ranked regardless of what we do is if GSU wins out in the SBC. If they do then they will go to the title game and there is no way a 2nd place team in the SBC is ranked. We not only have to win out but need GSU to lose because there is no way a 3 loss SBC team is going to be ranked.
Now 2nd in the Easter division. How is app supposed to win the belt?

sfoal308

Unread post by sfoal308 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:32 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 pm
sfoal308 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:17 pm
BTK2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:15 pm
sfoal308 wrote:

So you’re seriously gonna brag that app was ranked a couple weeks this season? Let me know how seriously other people take you. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Nobody will care.
I would rather SportsCenter lead with an undefeated, ranked App State losing than SportsCenter not mention us at all

It's better for the long term health of the program
That’s normally my first impression when I watch sportscenter, “wow look at that great and elite team Getting their tails kicked by an unranked and Unknown school”
Irrelevance is the worst thing in college football. I know that some of you refuse to believe that, buts its absolutely true.

It sucks that we lost, buts it's fantastic that us losing was a big deal

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:36 pm

I don’t understand this attitude. So being ranked and getting exposure is bad? Fans getting excited about the team is bad?

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:36 pm

Disappointed with our lack of physicality. Whipped up front on both lines. GSo will lose another SB game, so let's win out and get the Championship Game back in Boone.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:42 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:36 pm
I don’t understand this attitude. So being ranked and getting exposure is bad? Fans getting excited about the team is bad?
Getting ranked is one thing. Being "Georgia Southern's Bitch" is another. Now we get to sit in that shitty diaper another year, like, this past year wasn't enough.

SLOANASU

Unread post by SLOANASU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:13 am

Wow we should have listened

App90

Unread post by App90 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:15 am

JMappfan5 wrote:
Disappointed with our lack of physicality. Whipped up front on both lines. GSo will lose another SB game, so let's win out and get the Championship Game back in Boone.
No doubt, tonight ASU lost to a less talented team. GS will drop another one some where. But there seems to be a disconnect on how to use your weapons
you have. Saw this against UL, UNC, and some what against Coastal. Did not cause a loss until last night. I hope im wrong. Theres a lack of trying to counter what they do to you. Look Coach Drinkwitz in a press conference said If they crowd the box he will throw, if they take away the
pass he will run, if they take away the underneath he will throw long. Not what was done tonight and it cost him. See you all in Columbia, SC. Call plays like that down there and ASU will leave with a second loss. Bottom line he is calling the play to run up the middle with 8 GS players in the box. I get it ASU dropped alot of passes. Just seemed to be too conservative.
Last edited by App90 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:18 am

Is there a point to this post past some “I told you so” self serving?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:21 am

SLOANASU wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:13 am
Wow we should have listened
How about now? Oh well,there's next year, again!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:28 am

Overcashed wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:18 am
Besides the fact that we’ve had literally hundreds of posts obsessing about our ranking vs actually talking about our opponents. I loved that we were ranked but it became a ridiculous obsession on this board and If you don’t think our team drank that koolaid I don’t know what to tell you.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:21 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:42 pm
appbio91 wrote:
Getting ranked is one thing. Being "Georgia Southern's Bitch" is another. Now we get to sit in that shitty diaper another year, like, this past year wasn't enough.
And we deserve all we get we earned it by choosing to not show up and choosing to be horribly out coached. Maybe this will end the “cute”press conferences and actually prepare players to play. This is a leadership thing

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:33 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 pm
EastHallApp wrote:

Not the following week, no.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:08 am

Not only will I not stop talking about being ranked, I'm going to start talking about it more.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:25 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:28 am
Overcashed wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:18 am
Besides the fact that we’ve had literally hundreds of posts obsessing about our ranking vs actually talking about our opponents. I loved that we were ranked but it became a ridiculous obsession on this board and If you don’t think our team drank that koolaid I don’t know what to tell you.
If one post on this board had, or ever has anything to do with the way our team plays then we have way bigger problems than anyone has even hinted at.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”