Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Can we now shut up about being ranked?

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: Can we now shut up about being ranked?

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:46 pm

Yes. I was getting sick and tired of all that free publicity about the university I love.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:47 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:37 pm
Also this “older veteran fans” stuff is bull. Don’t act like with age comes this profound wisdom. The guy that all of you want to fire, Ted Roof, is older than most people on this board.

BTW, I’m not some young millennial, nor are a lot of fans who are actually proud of our teams accomplishments. This thread is a place for two people on this board to gloat and revel in the fact that we lost a game. The fact that you’re seemingly happy about that is sickening.
I don't think he is happy we lost. He is just hoping people now stop talking about being ranked since we clearly don't deserve it. Being ranked is not just a big deal to me. Everywhere we go we have been ranked and I expected it to happen in FBS for sure. I'm honestly mad that we have not played well enough to sustain a ranking. It is embarassing to be ranked and lay an egg on TV.

We have to get a lot better. There are a lot of reasons why we lost but the biggest to me is why did we not throw the ball more early on? I would love to hear from Drink on that. It is hard to see all the coverages on TV so I would love to know if they changed something or we just decided we needed another approach?

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:46 pm
Yes. I was getting sick and tired of all that free publicity about the university I love.
Don’t worry it’s gone now. I doubt there were even be a write up about whatever convenience store sponsored bowl app plays in

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Let's all strive for all those days of not being ranked - Geez, ranked teams lose every week, do you actually think their fans wish they weren't ranked? - If we weren't ranked going into tonight's game and the outcome was the same what would you say? - "I told you weren't good enough to be ranked". so you can bitch about it either way???
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:51 pm

AppinVA wrote:
I'll take free publicity but you do realize that if we keep getting ranked and then quickly lose without sustaining it that we will become a joke? We need to do a better job when we get in the spotlight. A legit ranked team does not choke and that is something we have to work on.

South Carolina is still a big game because a win will show that we can hang with the big boys.

I go back and look at our predictions and because of the weather I feared this. I saw a close game but what makes me sick is that had we thrown the ball early on we likely win this game by a similar score to what I was thinking. I really expected us to throw the ball more in this game than we did in the first half. Sutton is not being used enough and he showed tonight that when you get him the ball we are tough to slow down.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:52 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Don’t worry it’s gone now. I doubt there were even be a write up about whatever convenience store sponsored bowl app plays in
Exactly. Nobody cares now. We are known as a pretender. Really hope our guys focus and take advantage of the extra prep time. I still think we can beat South Carolina.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:54 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Let's all strive for all those days of not being ranked - Geez, ranked teams lose every week, do you actually think their fans wish they weren't ranked? - If we weren't ranked going into tonight's game and the outcome was the same what would you say? - "I told you weren't good enough to be ranked". so you can bitch about it either way???
Preach. People who look for excuses to be miserable will eventually find it.I guess they’ll sleep better than will I tonight.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:55 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:51 pm
AppinVA wrote:
I'll take free publicity but you do realize that if we keep getting ranked and then quickly lose without sustaining it that we will become a joke? We need to do a better job when we get in the spotlight. A legit ranked team does not choke and that is something we have to work on.

South Carolina is still a big game because a win will show that we can hang with the big boys.

I go back and look at our predictions and because of the weather I feared this. I saw a close game but what makes me sick is that had we thrown the ball early on we likely win this game by a similar score to what I was thinking. I really expected us to throw the ball more in this game than we did in the first half. Sutton is not being used enough and he showed tonight that when you get him the ball we are tough to slow down.
I wish I only knew half of what you think you know.

1992APPSTATE

Unread post by 1992APPSTATE » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:59 pm

Back to a more realistic “ranking”. Hopefully in several years we can really become one of the top 25 teams in college football. And until then, temper the utterly delusional expectations. Be extremely grateful for our recent national exposure and a very solid SBC team with a TON of heart. But there’s a lot of work to do before we advance to a truly legit national team. Continue to support the program and we can eventually get there.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:03 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:55 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

He’s not wrong

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:03 pm

AppinVA wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

He’s not wrong

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:06 pm

Didn't read any responses but for the OP:

I would say so considering our rival just destroyed us again. No more ranking for 2019.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:07 pm

AppinVA wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Are you telling me I was wrong? It was a close game and Sutton getting the ball is what got us back in it. We have so many weapons and we need to use them all but Sutton is a great player and every game he does not have 100 yards I feel like we did not do him justice.

There are a lot of reasons we lost tonight and a lot to improve but the one thing I was very proud of was the way this team fought back. That fight is something we better have the rest of the year because we are still going to get everyone's best shot.

I clearly don't know everything but I played the game and have a lot of friends who coach. I played ball with someone who scouts in the NFL. I doubt someone who played in the band or someone who just sits in the stands and never played or coached the game is going to know more than those who have. Just my two cents. I'll ask questions when I don't know something and I am quick to ask as well. Nobody, even Bill in NE, doesn't know everything about it.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 pm

ASU85Grad wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:44 pm
GS has beaten a ranked team two years in a row, something they have never given us the opportunity to since they have never been ranked.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:10 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:52 pm
BTK2000 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Exactly. Nobody cares now. We are known as a pretender. Really hope our guys focus and take advantage of the extra prep time. I still think we can beat South Carolina.
The sunbelt sucks. Apps play tonight sucked. This all or nothing schedule sucks. Apps ranking was the only thing holding the conference rankings head above water.

sfoal308

Unread post by sfoal308 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 pm

The two of you (you know who you are) are more than free to shut up about us being ranked

I, however, will continue to be happy that my favorite team was ranked, and I will continue to talk about it

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 pm

:arrow:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:52 pm
BTK2000 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
The sunbelt sucks. This all or nothing schedule sucks. Apps play tonight sucked. Apps ranking was the only thing holding this mediocre conferences head above the surface of the water

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:15 pm

sfoal308 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 pm
The two of you (you know who you are) are more than free to shut up about us being ranked

I, however, will continue to be happy that my favorite team was ranked, and I will continue to talk about it
So you’re seriously gonna brag that app was ranked a couple weeks this season? Let me know how seriously other people take you. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Nobody will care.

sfoal308

Unread post by sfoal308 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:17 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:15 pm
sfoal308 wrote:

So you’re seriously gonna brag that app was ranked a couple weeks this season? Let me know how seriously other people take you. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Nobody will care.
I would rather SportsCenter lead with an undefeated, ranked App State losing than SportsCenter not mention us at all

It's better for the long term health of the program

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:18 pm

sfoal308 wrote:

You’re wrong. It’s the three of them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”