Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

EJ article on loss to Southern

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

EJ article on loss to Southern

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Sounds like we are focusing on moving forward and bouncing back, which is great.
Still wonder where the chip from last year was.

Apptrain

Re: EJ article on loss to Southern

Unread post by Apptrain » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:14 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Sounds like we are focusing on moving forward and bouncing back, which is great.
Still wonder where the chip from last year was.
Me too. Still bothers me the way they were so much more physical all over the field. Pushing us around up front and dragging defenders for extra yards. I would not have been shocked by either Carolina this year doing that, but not another team in our conference. That’s unacceptable. The weather was a detriment to our offense but the getting pushed around was sickening. A lot of football is heart. They had it and we didn’t that night.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:44 pm

That’s what bothers me. How fired up they were and how flat we were. If there was one game I thought we would be ready for this entire year, no matter the weather or circumstances, it would have been the GS game. It is still unbelievable for me

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:29 pm

It may have been the white uniforms. But to me, they looked leaner and bigger than us. I wonder if losing Greenhalgh a couple years ago to Georgia Southern and then losing Sirignano last year was why we got pushed around. IDK, maybe it was just my eyes. I just don’t want to see that happen to us again.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:47 pm

It was really unbelievable to see how they just manhandled us for the vast majority of the game. Even with that said, I still thought for sure we would win when our D held them and we got the ball back with 3:45 to go, and then again with a little over a minute to go. We just couldn't execute our offense when it mattered most. So many little things could have gone the other way and we win the game despite their more physicality in the game. Sutton wide open in the end zone in the 3rd and Thomas overthrows Evans in the flat without seeing Sutton, a missed 29 yard field goal, passes that were 5 yards in the dirt before they got to the receivers, dropped passes, a defensive body plugging the proper hole to prevent long runs for tds, missed tackles, etc. Had anybody just stepped up and changed anything on that list, we win the game. Which is a little silver lining to me, even though we got dominated in the trenches we still had our shot. Hopefully the team learns from this and becomes better because of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”