Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Simple request

asu7
School: Appalachian State

Simple request

Unread post by asu7 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:02 pm

I am tired of hearing the we ready and we dem boys crap. GaSo was getting fired up over this and we looked like we were freezing. So until the foreseeable future I wish we would play something else instead because half of the time we aren’t ready. What are we ready for exactly? Just a request. I love most of the music those two things rank right up there with no equal and always attack.

AppStateMtneer

Re: Simple request

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:12 pm

ZERO Buglers dream... = 0-1

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:32 pm

“We Ready” gets me pumped just about every time. However, it is overplayed at App football games. Also, Archie Eversole is from Georgia. Maybe not a great idea to play a hit song from Georgia when we play a team from Georgia.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:22 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:12 pm
ZERO Buglers dream... = 0-1
Didnt DG tweet that this would be played at every home game for the rest of the season? How can we play "we ready" when were down by 17?

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:13 pm

We ready, we ready...when we aint

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:09 am

asu7 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:02 pm
I am tired of hearing the we ready and we dem boys crap. GaSo was getting fired up over this and we looked like we were freezing. So until the foreseeable future I wish we would play something else instead because half of the time we aren’t ready. What are we ready for exactly? Just a request. I love most of the music those two things rank right up there with no equal and always attack.
RIGHT! after their 2nd long run. We play We Ready? Not. 3/4 of the music is bad anyway. BOD needs more air time. when is the last time they played Hey Baby? I remember once they played on kick off

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 am

In fairness, we didn’t score much this game. Not many kickoffs to play it

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:20 pm

First TD was just before half when the band would have been lining up. I couldn't speak to the reason it wasn't played in the fourth quarter when we scored.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:33 pm

1ASU78 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:09 am
asu7 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:02 pm
RIGHT! after their 2nd long run. We play We Ready? Not. 3/4 of the music is bad anyway. BOD needs more air time. when is the last time they played Hey Baby? I remember once they played on kick off
During the Memphis-SMU game, there was a continuous drum line in the 4th Quarter leading up to each play. That sounded great!

Also, I can't believe no one is talking about the true travesty from Thursday night. While it's bad enough that we think Sweet Caroline is our thing (when it started with the Red Sox, was copied by the Panthers and heard at The Tarheel game as well......the Sweet Caroline video was atrocious between the 3rd and 4th Quarters. Motivational????

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:38 pm

I do wish we would consistently play Bugler's Dream like we used to. I also don't think we should change a thing about our musical selection as a result of a single loss...or even a few. I understand it felt "hollow" this past week, but the idea is to pump up the players. I'm not a big fan of "We Ready" but if the team likes it, I'm all for continuing to play it.

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:44 pm

I heard buglers dream Thursday night.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:05 am

kickass143 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:44 pm
I heard buglers dream Thursday night.
They actually played it while we were lining up for the onside kick. GS called timeout and the band stopped playing. I don't recall if they played it after the TO.

Blackshirt68

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:59 pm

Don’t like the “We Ready” at kickoffs. What ever happened to the “are”?

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:53 pm

I like here come the boom and we ready.

Hate....despise sweet caroline.

I have only sent one email to DG over the years and it was to add "chili Peppers" to the mix or something from the 90's for the fans that attended school during the 90's. The next game the Red Hot Chili Peppers were played...never heard it again. There are some good grunge songs for getting a crowd pumped. GreenDay, Nirvana, Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam. Whole generation of great songs missing when you leave that era out. Crazy Train only Hard Rock song. Metallica can get a stadium going. Welcome to the Jungle would be great as well. Welcome to the Jungle should be played every time we score first or the defense gets a stop on the first set of plays.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Most probably haven't heard it, but a lot of its making the mainstream and NFL even ran some promos with it..... But there is some great "Christian" Hip Hop like Derek Minor, KB, Andy Mineo who do sports/football related songs that are hype and I don't mind if my kids hear it. Just a thought. I love a lot of vulgar music too, but really appreciate the quality of these artists.
The Appalachian State

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:05 am

Our band needs to play a lot more. We need short signature songs for specific situations that last about 4 bars , 10- 20 seconds or so to be played consistently during the game.For example....

- We need something to play the defense of the the field after forcing a punt. (Think LSU Chinese bandits or Auburn's Iron Man)
- Something to play after first downs
- Something to play at kickoffs - Done BUGLER'S Dream. EVERY KICKOFF like it was when it started.
Screw Sweet Caroline- play Hey Baby or some other sing along song during quarter breaks.

That's how it done at most big schools. I don't want to copy them but I hear other schools bands all the time during TV broadcasts. I NEVER hear ours. I hate canned music when we have a band right there. I e-mailed DG about Bugler's Dream a while back and he said the band takes care of all their music. Maybe it's time we put in an e-mail to the band director

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:18 am

Apptiger wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:05 am
Our band needs to play a lot more. We need short signature songs for specific situations that last about 4 bars , 10- 20 seconds or so to be played consistently during the game.For example....

- We need something to play the defense of the the field after forcing a punt. (Think LSU Chinese bandits or Auburn's Iron Man)
- Something to play at kickoffs - Done BUGLER'S Dream. EVERY KICKOFF like it was when it started.
Screw Sweet Caroline- play Hey Baby or some other sing along song during quarter breaks.

That's how it done at most big schools. I don't want to copy them but I hear other schools bands all the time during TV broadcasts. I NEVER hear ours. I hate canned music when we have a band right there. I e-mailed DG about Bugler's Dream a while back and he said the band takes care of all their music. Maybe it's time we put in an e-mail to the band director
I agree.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Blackshirt68

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:49 am

We have the best band in the state. Let’s use it rather than canned music. It feels like we have to gripe every year about the canned music and they finally cut back by the sixth or seventh home game.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:39 am

Apptiger wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:05 am

They do have short "after downs" snippets from the fight song they play after each down on offense.

But I agree they need to play more. However, how often they play is dictated by athletics, down to the second. The band receives a script of the game of when they are to play.

There are times they could probably squeeze in a few extra, but overall not much unfortunately.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”