Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

User avatar
canes_mj
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:53 am

I'm planning to go with 3 others. Got my Black and Gold gear. Car flags and magnets ready.



User avatar
ah59396
Posts: 875
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 am
That loss has definitely taken the wind out of the sails of our fanbase. Hoping a win this Saturday can boost us back up for the stretch run. Curious to see how this team and coaching staff respond to the adversity of a loss. I am still in somewhat shocked by how flat we seemed last week, just don't understand that. I am hoping for some positive signs of improvement in key departments. I think one of the toughest things to do as a coach is to get your team to peak at the right time, which in college football is the end of the season. Dabo does it better than almost anyone and the results speak for themselves.
This team always impresses me coming off a loss.

I have a weird feeling about this game. At some point, we are gonna throttle a P5 team on national tv. It’s never happened before and it’s a matter of time. And it’ll be a big statement moment for this program where we are no longer the “little guy” going toe-to-toe with the big boy. Instead the bully on the block.

ECU bodied Tobacco Road a couple years back. I’m just waiting for our moment.

Tic toc...


YNWA

bigdaddyg
Posts: 3203
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 848 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 am
That loss has definitely taken the wind out of the sails of our fanbase. Hoping a win this Saturday can boost us back up for the stretch run. Curious to see how this team and coaching staff respond to the adversity of a loss. I am still in somewhat shocked by how flat we seemed last week, just don't understand that. I am hoping for some positive signs of improvement in key departments. I think one of the toughest things to do as a coach is to get your team to peak at the right time, which in college football is the end of the season. Dabo does it better than almost anyone and the results speak for themselves.
This team always impresses me coming off a loss.

I have a weird feeling about this game. At some point, we are gonna throttle a P5 team on national tv. It’s never happened before and it’s a matter of time. And it’ll be a big statement moment for this program where we are no longer the “little guy” going toe-to-toe with the big boy. Instead the bully on the block.

ECU bodied Tobacco Road a couple years back. I’m just waiting for our moment.

Tic toc...
You raise an interesting thought for me. What would be the biggest P5 over G5 win? All things considered, final score, level of each team coming in, etc. Obviously SC is down this year but they are still a decent SEC team that beat UGA. If both USC and UNC can reach 6 wins and become bowl eligible that would help the cause (provided we win of course). I agree, throttle them suckers on national TV.



User avatar
MAD Doctor
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 1110 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Sure would like to see a winning Troy score flash on the scoreboard. That would put a little pep in our step. Not likely, but neither was 10/31.



appstate77
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:49 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Little River, South Carolina
Has thanked: 920 times
Been thanked: 579 times
Contact:

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:37 pm

I think we got humbled. Perhaps what we need before tomorrow.



MrCraig
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 am
That loss has definitely taken the wind out of the sails of our fanbase. Hoping a win this Saturday can boost us back up for the stretch run. Curious to see how this team and coaching staff respond to the adversity of a loss. I am still in somewhat shocked by how flat we seemed last week, just don't understand that. I am hoping for some positive signs of improvement in key departments. I think one of the toughest things to do as a coach is to get your team to peak at the right time, which in college football is the end of the season. Dabo does it better than almost anyone and the results speak for themselves.
This team always impresses me coming off a loss.

I have a weird feeling about this game. At some point, we are gonna throttle a P5 team on national tv. It’s never happened before and it’s a matter of time. And it’ll be a big statement moment for this program where we are no longer the “little guy” going toe-to-toe with the big boy. Instead the bully on the block.

ECU bodied Tobacco Road a couple years back. I’m just waiting for our moment.

Tic toc...
You raise an interesting thought for me. What would be the biggest P5 over G5 win? All things considered, final score, level of each team coming in, etc. Obviously SC is down this year but they are still a decent SEC team that beat UGA. If both USC and UNC can reach 6 wins and become bowl eligible that would help the cause (provided we win of course). I agree, throttle them suckers on national TV.
If you're talking about biggest as in biggest point-spread, I don't know. But, to me, Boise State over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl was the biggest P5 over G5 game ever. To me, it sort of solidified the G5 as not just being also-rans.



Apptrain
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by Apptrain » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Will be representing in Cock’s Corner pregame and on the enemy side around midfield for the game. Will be with Cocks throughout giving them hell, I hope.



Stonewall
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1186 times
Been thanked: 841 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm

The calm before the storm...



App90
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:14 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by App90 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:47 pm

I work with a lot of South Carolina fans and the consensus is this will be a dog fight but they believe they will win it, but they have this under current of why did we schedule them. Interesting thing is they are doing senior day on this game not the Clemson game. Williams Brice will be fun to be in at the beginning of the game.



yikas1
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by yikas1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:52 pm

This is the first day since Halloween that I could bear to look at Yosefs Cabin. I was pouting and I didn't want to hear everyone throwing the entire coaching staff and the season in the trash. I will be there tomorrow.



Cro-Magnon App
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:25 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Western South Carolina
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 pm

The wind may be out of the sails now, as some have said. But a win tomorrow and GSU taking a loss in the next two weeks puts us back on the fast track full speed ahead.



Rick83
Posts: 2073
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1316 times
Been thanked: 1063 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:27 pm

I think our guys are pissed off about last week's game and they're gonna direct their anger at the Gamecocks...it might get so bad that PETA gets called in to stop the abuse...



The Rock
Posts: 1521
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 662 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:13 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:37 pm
I think we got humbled. Perhaps what we need before tomorrow.
We were humbled by them last year. How did they “sneak up” on us again this year is my question.



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 2470
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 2304 times
Been thanked: 1098 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:40 pm

I work with a significant amount of Gamecock fans and my company even has given me seats to sit in the executive suite with my VP. My wife has already suggested that she won’t be on her best behavior. I’m bringing 5 other App fans with me up there.


The Appalachian State

mike87
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 176 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:48 pm

i just got offered box seats from a Gamecock fan too. Turned them down to stay in the App Section because I know my wife's behavior will be inappropriate! (as will mine)



User avatar
Apptiger
Posts: 2022
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:16 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Lakeland, FL
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by Apptiger » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Let's go Boys!

BEAT THOSE COCKS!



spacemonkey
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:14 pm

As much as I put down our fans for not braving the seriously cold/bad weather Thursday....I am hearing many SC fans bailing on the game because it is going to be too cold. It looks like PERFECT Football weather to me.

I am excited to see if we can back up the respect the odds makers are giving HAPPY APPY STATE. I will be there Happy and Loud. I am looking forward to the Ferrari being let loose on the SEC.

ANY APP FANS/STUNDENTS THINKING ABOUT GOING TO COLUMBIA SHOULD....THERE WILL BE CHEAP TICKETS FLOATING AROUND AT GAME TIME. WE WILL NEED YOU AT THE GAME.



WASU 93
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:01 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm
Sure would like to see a winning Troy score flash on the scoreboard. That would put a little pep in our step. Not likely, but neither was 10/31.
Coastal (which like South Al), took GaSo to overtime. They were absolutely throttled at home by Louisiana last night.

I just don’t see the Eagles running the table.



t4pizza
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:00 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 391 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Apptiger wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm
Let's go Boys!

BEAT THOSE COCKS!
All this talk about wives being inappropriate around USC fans and you throw this one out there. Made me laugh way too hard but that could be the liquor.



Yosefus
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by Yosefus » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:50 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:52 pm
Apptiger wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm
Let's go Boys!

BEAT THOSE COCKS!
All this talk about wives being inappropriate around USC fans and you throw this one out there. Made me laugh way too hard but that could be the liquor.
Good one... I bet they are slingers.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online