Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

AppSt12
School: Appalachian State

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by AppSt12 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:08 pm

I'll be honest....subdued here....devestating loss last week. Do I think we can win this week? I do. Do I think we will? Noooo. South Carolina could skull drag us, but even if they dont we will probably lose, and losing by 1 or 20 is the same....no moral victories. BUT I think we can win out the sun belt schedule, with a georgia southern loss we get a Championship berth, beat Lousiana and win the NO Bowl. 12-2 and our best FBS season yet.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 am

We sh*t the bed in an enormously important, high profile game last week. Again. That takes the juice out of this one. I'm not being negative, that is just the reality.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:25 am

fjblair wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 am
We sh*t the bed in an enormously important, high profile game last week. Again. That takes the juice out of this one. I'm not being negative, that is just the reality.
Overreact much?

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:25 am
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?
I'd say fj is right on. Nothing he said isn't true. We definitely filled the bed with sh*t last week and the buzz around this one isn't what it could've been. I've spoken to a couple "casual" App fans, with no ties to the school other than having become fans since the run started, and they were even thinking of trying to find tickets to tonight's game in COLA prior to the Halloween let-down. Now, they said they'd probably try to tune in and watch on the deuce, if they're around the tube this evening. Last week was definitely a letdown that has had an effect on fan morale, at least among the not-so-hardcore. I'm just as excited as ever...though it took a few days...but 12 hours from kick and I'm getting those same feelings of "what if" and I'm ready to go!

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 am

Its a great day to be a Mountaineer. A chance to showcase our incredible team to The University of South Carolina, The Southeastern Conference and the The Entire College Football World!!!! Lets get it done in Columbia this evening. REPRESENT on the way down, the tailgate, throughout the game and postgame with class! Its going to be a great day in Columbia today win or lose!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 am

We're due a SEC victory just like we were due a P5 victory earlier this season. Today we have as good a chance as any. As upset as I was about the GS loss I don't hang my hat on one game. The season is not shot and won't be after today, no matter what.
WE ARE YOSEF!

General Moore

Unread post by General Moore » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:25 am

Halloween was just painful, dreadful, humiliating and humbling. Been hard to even think about it and how the dream season will have to come another year.
Been trying to keep my mind off of football for the last 9 days but I am ready today for us to right this ship and get back up where we belong!
Let's Go Mountaineers!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:58 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?
You tell me what happened. We go from a top 20 ranking to being on the outside looking in for the conference title.

goapps

Unread post by goapps » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:11 am

GIVE 'EM HELL!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:09 am

fjblair wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:58 am
AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?
You tell me what happened. We go from a top 20 ranking to being on the outside looking in for the conference title.
Did you watch the same game i did?

The passing game was neutralized by the 50 mph gusts that were swirling all night and got stronger. It was much worse going toward the construction. That is why all Apps scoring occurred in the other end zone. We could have run more if we had a bigger RB, but Peoples was out for the season.
Again, you totally overreacted. We will be fine. The GaSo game was just a perfect storm.

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:11 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?

I would say that's not really an overreaction. Considering where we had placed ourselves and the opponent (especially considering what happened last year) should have been the easiest opponent to get up for. And we straight crapped the bed. I personally always felt our NY6 Hope rested in the South Carolina game. And if we lost I wouldnt be devestated. But to lose that one man oh man. Imagine if we win out and win the sun belt...12-1 and NO bowl because of that performance. Sickening....though I hope we win out of course. But today doesnt feel good at all. I think we get scorched...

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:14 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:09 am
fjblair wrote:
AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?

The passing game was neutralized by the 50 mph gusts that were swirling all night and got stronger. It was much worse going toward the construction. That is why all Apps scoring occurred in the other end zone. We could have run more if we had a bigger RB, but Peoples was out for the season.
Again, you totally overreacted. We will be fine. The GaSo game was just a perfect storm.
I get your point...but "we will be fine" isnt exactly possible. That game dashed our NY6 Hope's. This is the only schedule we have over the next 10 years where it is realistic that we could have gone undefeated. So our top goal is gone, we no longer control our own destiny to the conference title game and our rebound chance is a night game at an SEC opponent. God I hope we win and win out....but devestating, crap the bed, whatever you want to call it is not an overreaction.

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:20 am

AppSt12 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:14 am
AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?

I get your point...but "we will be fine" isnt exactly possible. That game dashed our NY6 Hope's. This is the only schedule we have over the next 10 years where it is realistic that we could have gone undefeated. So our top goal is gone, we no longer control our own destiny to the conference title game and our rebound chance is a night game at an SEC opponent. God I hope we win and win out....but devestating, crap the bed, whatever you want to call it is not an overreaction for our subset of fans who have sights on growing the program and continuing to reach new heights.

Now of course are season isnt "ruined" as we can still win 10 games+, a bowl, and maybe a conference title. But in non transitional seasons weve conference titles in 10 of the last 12 seasons and had double digit wins in 10 of the last 12 seasons. Weve also gone 4-0 in bowl games. So at best we can continue to do what we normally do and ar worst we can underperform. The ultimate goal is gone, the only new thing we can do now is win 12 games (we haven't done that at the FBS level yet). But that would require Georgia Southern losing, us winning out the sun belt and beating Louisiana again....which I'm hopeful is possible.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:43 am

Apptiger wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm
Let's go Boys!

BEAT THOSE COCKS!
That's right! You can beat a Cock, but you can't beat Yosef!
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:45 am

fjblair wrote:
AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?
Letting it happen in back to back years against The Stink makes it smell 10 times worse. If we don't see an inspired team today I'd be even more shocked.

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:21 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:45 am
fjblair wrote:
AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?
Letting it happen in back to back years against The Stink makes it smell 10 times worse. If we don't see an inspired team today I'd be even more shocked.
I would add disappointed as well.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:47 pm

This thread proves a lot. A lot of “fans” don’t care nearly as much because we don’t have a number by our name. It’s ridiculous. This is all we’re clamored for. National tv night game against an sec opponent and people are blah because we aren’t ranked. But don’t worry, I’m someone is starting another hypothetical ranked thread as I type this, instead of actually enjoying the game tonight.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Will be interesting to see how the team responds. Would love to see them play pissed and with a sense of urgency. They don’t owe it to me; they owe it to themselves. 1-0 this week. Go App!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:16 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
AppAlum1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
Overreact much?

Last year’s game was the perfect storm. This year’s game was a monumental disappointment. We knew all week what the weather was going to be. We didn’t get a plan together to account for the weather, and we had terrible execution. What is worse, we came out flat, and seemingly unprepared and uninterested.
Georgia Southern on the other hand, came out with energy and hit us in the mouth. And we took it for 3.5 quarters. When we decided to hit back, it was too late.
I think Coach Drink downplayed this game too much. Ga south will ALWAYS be more than just another conference game and another opponent in our way to a conference championship. If there is ONE game a year we are fired up to win and want to come out and make a statement via physicality, it should be against the Eagles.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:47 pm
This thread proves a lot. A lot of “fans” don’t care nearly as much because we don’t have a number by our name. It’s ridiculous. This is all we’re clamored for. National tv night game against an sec opponent and people are blah because we aren’t ranked. But don’t worry, I’m someone is starting another hypothetical ranked thread as I type this, instead of actually enjoying the game tonight.
[/quote

Uh, No. Rankings don't mean sh#t unless its the CFP poll. I'm bummed because we lost to Stink twice in a row, on Halloween night, in our "weather", on our field. Period.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”