Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Road Game Idea

ShagNC
School: Appalachian State

Road Game Idea

Unread post by ShagNC » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:50 am

I was reading the "Future Football Schedules" and realized we have some exciting road games coming up in some pretty neat places. Next year we have Wisconsin in Madison, in 2021 we have Miami. Then in 2022 we have TA&M in CStat. One game I'm really looking forward to is Wyoming, which is only 2 hours away from Denver in 2023. I thought it would be neat to visit these spots using App football as an "excuse", spending a few days before and after exploring each area with my soon-to-be fiance. We are very fortunate to have such a great program who can compete with these teams. I look forward to any feedback you all have, and hope some are planning to do the same!

inb4 1-0 #BeatGSU
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

biggie
Site Admin

Re: Road Game Idea

Unread post by biggie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:36 am

I go to Madison for work training occasionally, leave to go up this Tuesday for the week. Wished I could go up next year for the game somehow.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:02 am

As part of my vacations, I have gone to our games at Idaho a couple years ago and I went to the Louisiana game this year as the first leg of our vacation to Arizona. Including an away game like that into vacation trips is an excellent idea. I've been to Laramie before and I can't wait for that trip. A really cool stadium with lots of tradition and a pretty good football team out there.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:31 am

My school is going to a year-round/balanced calendar next year. I’ve promised myself that I am going on an App football road trip during the October break. Watch us have two open weeks sandwiching a home weekend against South Alabama.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

apphiker

Unread post by apphiker » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:30 am

Last year we took a long road trip out west in August and finished it at the Penn State game. Some years ago we finished a Montana trip for the game in Missoula. I hope we can incorporate the Wyoming game in a trip in 2023.

PhillyApp

Unread post by PhillyApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:35 am

I’ll be at the Wisconsin game next year!
Clark for Prez 2024 💪🏼

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:54 am

ShagNC wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:50 am
I was reading the "Future Football Schedules" and realized we have some exciting road games coming up in some pretty neat places. Next year we have Wisconsin in Madison, in 2021 we have Miami. Then in 2022 we have TA&M in CStat. One game I'm really looking forward to is Wyoming, which is only 2 hours away from Denver in 2023. I thought it would be neat to visit these spots using App football as an "excuse", spending a few days before and after exploring each area with my soon-to-be fiance. We are very fortunate to have such a great program who can compete with these teams. I look forward to any feedback you all have, and hope some are planning to do the same!

inb4 1-0 #BeatGSU
If you have never seen Yellowstone I would highly recommend taking it in while in Wyoming.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:04 am

Heading to wisky!

BlueCreekAppFan

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 pm

biggie wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:36 am
I go to Madison for work training occasionally, leave to go up this Tuesday for the week. Wished I could go up next year for the game somehow.
Yes, I have spent some Epic time in Madison too. Even in the ugly winter, it is a fun place to be, but next fall should be awesome. Downtown Madison has great pubs, lots of great restaurants around town...and a great football tradition.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:43 pm

Definitely planning on making the Wyoming trip and seeing Yellowstone and potentially spending some more time in Denver after the game.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:55 pm

BlueCreekAppFan wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 pm
biggie wrote:
Yes, I have spent some Epic time in Madison too. Even in the ugly winter, it is a fun place to be, but next fall should be awesome. Downtown Madison has great pubs, lots of great restaurants around town...and a great football tradition.
Yeah I was up there for the polar vortex earlier this year. -55 wind chills were interesting. High of 20 when I fly in tomorrow, so not bad.

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 pm

BlueCreekAppFan wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 pm
biggie wrote:
Nothing could possibly be worse than the Bangor, Maine winters. Jeez it felt like I was at the end of the Earth. Really looking forward to Madison. Wyoming may require a longer trip. Looking at flying into KDEN, driving to Laramie, catching the game then heading off to Yellowstone. I've never been out west so if I'm going I'd really like to take it all in. Anyone have recommendations on flying out of the Yellowstone area? Closest/least expensive airports?
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Not sure how the drive would be, but loved the Jackson Hole area.

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:26 am

ShagNC wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 pm
Nothing could possibly be worse than the Bangor, Maine winters. Jeez it felt like I was at the end of the Earth. Really looking forward to Madison. Wyoming may require a longer trip. Looking at flying into KDEN, driving to Laramie, catching the game then heading off to Yellowstone. I've never been out west so if I'm going I'd really like to take it all in. Anyone have recommendations on flying out of the Yellowstone area? Closest/least expensive airports?
Just took the family to Yellowstone this past summer. Bozeman MT was the best airport deal at the time. Stayed at a cabin in Pray (Paradise Valley). Amazing trip.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”