Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coach D Weekly Press Conference

HighPointApp
School: Appalachian State

Coach D Weekly Press Conference

Unread post by HighPointApp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:47 pm

OR access through appstatesports.com
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

HighPointApp

Re: Coach D Weekly Press Conference

Unread post by HighPointApp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:55 pm

One of the best lines in this presser. "Football has become a beauty contest. It's not about just winning the game." (Paraphrased) Hmmmmmmmm

Everyone can take lessons from this press conference.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:55 pm
One of the best lines in this presser. "Football has become a beauty contest. It's not about just winning the game." (Paraphrased) Hmmmmmmmm

You beat me too this.

roachgone

Unread post by roachgone » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Really would have liked somebody to ask about that stupid prevent defense we used on THREE consecutive fourth and longs. Unbelievable and just about cost us the game along with we could have put the game away with probably only one first down. I know we won but we were lucky. Thought I was gonna lose it when we went into that defense the third time. Basically gave them fourth and 15.18 and 20 yards. Wow!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:50 pm

HighPointApp wrote:

Have you seen Ohio State's scores this year and every year since BCS began sans their down season? They wipe the floor with everyone to win that beauty contest. When they are asked to take off their make-up and actually fight, they fall. It's been a beauty contest since the BCS era began.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:51 pm

roachgone wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:38 pm
Really would have liked somebody to ask about that stupid prevent defense we used on THREE consecutive fourth and longs. Unbelievable and just about cost us the game along with we could have put the game away with probably only one first down. I know we won but we were lucky. Thought I was gonna lose it when we went into that defense the third time. Basically gave them fourth and 15.18 and 20 yards. Wow!
It's 4th and 15...what else do you run? No one had an issue when Brown/Woody would do the same thing. The linebackers lost their man on the crosser and he had enough room to just make the first down. The guy on the boundary just wanted it more and broke a few tackles to get to the line to gain. That's big boy football.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:58 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:51 pm
roachgone wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:38 pm
It's 4th and 15...what else do you run? No one had an issue when Brown/Woody would do the same thing. The linebackers lost their man on the crosser and he had enough room to just make the first down. The guy on the boundary just wanted it more and broke a few tackles to get to the line to gain. That's big boy football.
Totally agree. You run prevent D to keep them out of the endzone and far enough away that they can't push it in. Its a bend don't break concept. The underneath crossing routes will always be there b/c the RB/Slot WR running that will normally be faster than the LB/Nickel. We had it covered and they USC guy made a move. Get past it. We won

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:58 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:50 pm
HighPointApp wrote:

Have you seen Ohio State's scores this year and every year since BCS began sans their down season? They wipe the floor with everyone to win that beauty contest. When they are asked to take off their make-up and actually fight, they fall. It's been a beauty contest since the BCS era began.
Email Coach D and express your concerns. Getting bent out of shape with me gets you nowhere. Once you make contact with him and tell him your opinion, I'm pretty sure he would say something similar to "Bless your heart". Your post just confirmed everything he was talking about in his press conference.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:12 pm

I want to preface this comment with the fact I have loved Drink since day one. With that said; I just listened to the presser and these are my sentiments moving forward. First I want to apologise to Drink and everyone on here for my criticism on his play calling lately. Listening to it you really get a feel for how is thinks and I love his honest assessments. I believe I have been judging our HC under the criteria of the offense only and that is short sighted of me. His ability to factor in all the variables and make big time decisions in real time is fantastic. We are witnessing the transformation of a really good OC into a spectacular HC. I honestly believe we will look back at his time here at App as the birthplace of a fantastic HC. I'm even more all in, Coach Drink! Keep it up! As Drink said "to quote Jay Z "Real recognize real""! Go! Fight! Kick Ass!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:13 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:58 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:50 pm
HighPointApp wrote:

Email Coach D and express your concerns. Getting bent out of shape with me gets you nowhere. Once you make contact with him and tell him your opinion, I'm pretty sure he would say something similar to "Bless your heart". Your post just confirmed everything he was talking about in his press conference.
Hopefully enough of the "coaches in waiting" on this board caught the comments Drink made about the complaining he evidently hears from some of the experts who are App fans- the stuff about why we don't do this and do that. We have an entire experienced staff who studies film, practices with players, puts together game plans and makes decisions sometimes on the fly as dictated by situations. We have clowns who get on here and criticize defensive calls, conservative play calling,etc. I honestly think we have folks who get on these topics who would just as soon be 5-3 but winning the statistical battle every game. I would have loved more points and more yards but I am much happier with the win. To say that we could have lost or almost lost because of certain coaching strategies is just stupid. The fact remains that we didn't lose and the game is football not horseshoes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”