Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Those SEC refs

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Those SEC refs

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:22 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:24 pm
The Rock wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:59 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:41 pm
As I was watching the first half in particular, I was thinking how many more dirty hits SC would be allowed to get away with before we just pull our guys off the field and go home. So thankful none of our guys were injured (fingers crossed) but can you imagine if we lost Zac or Evans bc of the refs negligence?
Diarssouba and Collin Reed look like they got pretty banged up. I would be surprised if either of them will be available Saturday. Hopefully they will.
I was pretty sure Reed came back into the game.
He did. Glad he was okay. With the GSU QB out though we should be able to win for sure without some banged up players. I still don't want to take it easy on them. I like showing Shawn Elliott we are still the boss when we play them. I hope he can win out after our game though.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:47 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:22 pm
hapapp wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:24 pm
The Rock wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:59 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:41 pm
As I was watching the first half in particular, I was thinking how many more dirty hits SC would be allowed to get away with before we just pull our guys off the field and go home. So thankful none of our guys were injured (fingers crossed) but can you imagine if we lost Zac or Evans bc of the refs negligence?
Diarssouba and Collin Reed look like they got pretty banged up. I would be surprised if either of them will be available Saturday. Hopefully they will.
I was pretty sure Reed came back into the game.
He did. Glad he was okay. With the GSU QB out though we should be able to win for sure without some banged up players. I still don't want to take it easy on them. I like showing Shawn Elliott we are still the boss when we play them. I hope he can win out after our game though.
Glad he did. The replay looked painful the way he was rolled up on his lower half then bent completely backwards. I would have thought his back would have been the injury, but it seemed to be a leg when he came off the field.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 am

Taking any opponent lightly from here on out no matter for what reason, could ruin our second chance salvaging a championship season. We got lucky as hell that Troy beat Georgia Southern for us. How many thought that would happen?
BLACK SATURDAY

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:59 am

Now we've got to take advantage of the "gift" we received from Troy and take Ga. State, Texas State, and Troy out behind the woodshed.

Not going to be easy with Ga. State and Troy on the road.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:25 am

I doubt this team will take any game lightly.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:38 am

You know, seeing the SEC refs openly protecting SC angers me, and at the same time it angers me to see how the SBC refs seemed to actively make calls against App against GSU. I know that every fanbase in the country can find issues with refs in every game, but sometimes it seems to be extremely lopsided. I'm not asking for refs to "protect the brand" (far from it), just call the damn games as close to neutral as you possibly can. Don't make the news, just report it.
Give 'em hell!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:17 am

It wasn't just the refs either Saturday night, it was the review booth so eagerly reviewing anything that might help SC and NOTHING to help us.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:23 am

it's likely that our guys were having to try harder to keep up with bigger, sometimes faster, players on the other team. SC has some dang athletes. we do too, but on average, they are probably bigger. I'll take the penalties with our style of play all day long. after all, if you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:27 am

With the exception of the ball placement review when they took away our first down, I think the review booth did their job. The main issue was the no-calls against USC (twice hitting App players out of bounds) that seemed inconsistent. The "offsetting penalties" thing was baffling. I was having to watch this one on TV and they never showed what all these unsportsmanlike penalties were for. It seemed they did that a couple of times to nullify a penalty that SHOULD have gone against SC. I'm admittedly a total App homer though so, what do I know?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 am
Taking any opponent lightly from here on out no matter for what reason, could ruin our second chance salvaging a championship season. We got lucky as hell that Troy beat Georgia Southern for us. How many thought that would happen?
I thought GSU would lose to them in the preseason because I thought Troy would be much better. I was indeed surprised it happened after seeing the last couple weeks though. I really thought GSU would lose to I expected GSU to lose a game before the end of the year but I would never bank on it. It is hard to win out and with how the season played out I thought Georgia State would trip them up at the end. Now, I only think they beat Georgia State if Georgia State beats us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”