Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Oh Ye of so little faith -

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Oh Ye of so little faith -

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:05 pm

Hey everyone of us was frustrated after the GaSo loss - the difference is those of us who stay position going forward and those of you who are already writing off the rest of the season - I doubt you have played sports and I am sure you have never coached. The really good ones (players and coaches) can put the disappointment behind them and focus on the future - Wish we had more fans who weren't quitters - :(
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Yosefus
School: Appalachian State

Re: Oh Ye of so little faith -

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:58 pm

I was impressed with the confidence the team had from start to finish.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:23 am

We looked like we belonged on that field, last week is so confusing to me now, anyway, finish strong App

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:25 am

appbio91 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:23 am
We looked like we belonged on that field, last week is so confusing to me now, anyway, finish strong App
The consensus among my group of friends that are also alumni is that the Ga Southern loss stings even more now.

We’d be staring down the barrel at the NY6 right now and probably a top 12 ranking. F’in a man.
YNWA

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:30 am

I didn't see or hear any quitters on the team, I heard lots of frustration and feelings of loss and questions but no quit. It was very refreshing to see the attitude that we played this game. I can't believe that any App team would ever look over a game against Georgia Southern but that is exactly what I think happened. We looked ahead to South Carolina assuming we would easily dispatch Southern and get revenge but on a short week against a crazy offense we just didn't come to play. Sadly, it seems that really was a trap game as hard as that is to understand. Either way, super happy with the win but more happy that our team showed up ready and wanting to play the game.

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:54 am

I've gotten over the GaSo loss, but it still baffles me that we didn't even show up to play. It's like the team didn't even want to be there. And for THAT MANY players to not buy in is just appalling. But we got over that hump and showed up to play tonight. I didn't catch all of the game tonight and plan on watching it in full tomorrow. It's a great day to be a Mountaineer.
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:18 am

Last week was a rivalry game...GaSo could be coming in 1-7 to that game and us be ranked #10 in the nation and it could still be a toss up. (It really needs to be moved to the end of November and played during Rivalry Week instead of some random Thursday night like it's been played imho)

But yeah, watching the game tonight we were manhandling the USC offense. Between that and our crowd being so loud it looked like we belonged out there.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:05 pm
Hey everyone of us was frustrated after the GaSo loss - the difference is those of us who stay position going forward and those of you who are already writing off the rest of the season - I doubt you have played sports and I am sure you have never coached. The really good ones (players and coaches) can put the disappointment behind them and focus on the future - Wish we had more fans who weren't quitters - :(
Dude get over yourself....

RiversRunsThroughIt

Unread post by RiversRunsThroughIt » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:00 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 am
[quote=WVAPPeer post_id=227998 time=<a href="tel:1573358731">1573358731</a> user_id=128]
Drink, that you? Lay off the DMD...

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:07 am

RiversRunsThroughIt wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:00 am
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 am
[quote=WVAPPeer post_id=227998 time=<a href="tel:1573358731">1573358731</a> user_id=128]
Drink, that you? Lay off the DMD...
Just fyi.... I didn't type that paragraph!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:52 am

Nothing to get over - the facts are there --- I read several posts during the GaSo game where the writer said something like this during the 2nd half - "I'm going to bed - can't watch this crap - that's it, I'm done" - some of you either have distorted memories or can't face the fact that YOU quit on our team - the players didn't quit, the coaches didn't quit - hell they even had a chance to win the game late and geez - some would have missed it because they had already quit -

And then we have the posts like - "we will get butt-stomped by SC" - "hell we will probably lose to Ga State" - on and on and on ---

Don't be telling me to get over myself - face the facts!!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:18 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:52 am
Nothing to get over - the facts are there --- I read several posts during the GaSo game where the writer said something like this during the 2nd half - "I'm going to bed - can't watch this crap - that's it, I'm done" - some of you either have distorted memories or can't face the fact that YOU quit on our team - the players didn't quit, the coaches didn't quit - hell they even had a chance to win the game late and geez - some would have missed it because they had already quit -

And then we have the posts like - "we will get butt-stomped by SC" - "hell we will probably lose to Ga State" - on and on and on ---

You are right.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:45 pm

And let's not forget - which to me is the absolute worst thing a "fan" can do - those who called out the players by name for their play on the field - I am not talking stupid penalties, etc. - I believe it was Desmond Franklin should be benched and never see the field again - Xavier should be replaced - there were others but I don't care to search -

Let's see - who was it who intercepted/broke up the important 2 point conversion? :shock:
Who averaged 45.1 yards per punt with a long of 57? :shock:

Yep - those guys !!! :D :o :D
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 pm

I see no need for I told you so’s. Having said that I told you we would be fine...😇

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 pm
I see no need for I told you so’s. Having said that I told you we would be fine...😇
Yep - I agree and as you know I have a multi-year history of my half-full glass being really about 3/4 full - :D

And let's not forget about those who said we WOULD NEVER SNIFF the Top 25 again - :o :shock:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:42 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 pm
Yep - I agree and as you know I have a multi-year history of my half-full glass being really about 3/4 full - :D

And let's not forget about those who said we WOULD NEVER SNIFF the Top 25 again - :o :shock:
I mentioned the other day that at the Stink game my high school son (who is an ardent fan and wants to attend App) went down and sat in the student section. He said we had other (obviously drunk) students who were riding and cussing at Xavier. That is unreal. I have yet to visually notice any of our guys either quitting or not trying. Damn they ain’t professional players. We have general ignorance and lack of true football knowledge on this board and in our stadiums. I for one fully expected a win last night.

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:56 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:

You have some valid points. "Fair-weather" Carolina fans get referenced fairly often in posts, and we don't want to resemble that even in a small way. Wish we had beaten GaSo but will trade two Power 5 wins for a GaSo loss any day. Remember the years of ongoing frustration and comments about how long it had been since we had a Power 5 win? Now two in one season!

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:58 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:

You have some valid points. "Fair-weather" Carolina fans get referenced fairly often in posts, and we don't want to resemble that even in a small way. Wish we had beaten GaSo but will trade two Power 5 wins for a GaSo loss any day. Remember the years of ongoing frustration and comments about how long it had been since we had a Power 5 win? Now two in one season!

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Any team could have one of those games where nothing goes right and they don't seem ready to play. History is full of such stuff. Just recently, wonder how the Georgia team and fans felt when they lost to South Carolina?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”