Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

USC Twitter Bad Mouthing Our Fanbase

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: USC Twitter Bad Mouthing Our Fanbase

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:22 am

Yosef wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 pm
APP93 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:55 pm
Yosef wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:41 pm
APP93 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 pm
Yosef wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 am
It happens a couple of times and this video is limited, but you can clearly see our players grabbing the hedges, ripping them up, and throwing them in the air a the 33 second mark. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen a football team do, it's fairly mild. I just don't care for that type of behavior is all.
I see a video of a bunch of kids who work extremely hard celebrating a big win with their fans. It's not like they are running around tearing up stadium signs with SC logos or pulling the damn hedge out of the ground. Just gave it a little trim courtesy of App State football.

After SC beat UGA I saw players doing interviews with handful of UGA's hedges...all part of the traditions and what makes college football great.
Yes, because another team destroys someone else's property makes it ok for our team to do the same? Destroying property is not celebrating. Let's be better than that.
You call that destroying property? Will the hedge die? Point is if SC fans are calling out our players for that then they are being hypocrites.

If the players were causing permanent property damage that would be one thing...they were pulling some leaves off a hedge.
Next spring I'll stop by your house and yank all the flowers and leaves off your bushes. It's ok, because the following year, they'll grow back right? You wouldn't mind a bit? It's pretty simple, it's not our property to do that to. That's one of the biggest issues this country has is just simply respecting each other and their property. Why not try and instill that sense of respect utilizing our education system? Why not encourage football players to be role models since whether they like or not, they are?

I'll get off my soapbox about it, I just thought it was a classless move. I do agree though, SC fans are hypocrites.
You guys did not even mention the fact that their administration had to apologize to Georgia for their players and coaches tearing up the hedges in Georgia.

https://www.si.com/college/2019/10/14/s ... es-georgia

They are the biggest hypocrites. They thought it was funny when their players did it. I said when it happened that I hope someone does it to them so they can see how it feels.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:21 am

I still think that the classiest things I’ve ever read about was the Army V Oklahoma game last year where the OU fans cheered the Army team for the great game (like us at PSU) then Army left the locker room spotless after the game. The best thing a team and fan base can do is go in, cheer respectfully, whip their asses then leave respectfully.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:22 am
Yosef wrote:
APP93 wrote:
Yosef wrote:
APP93 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 pm

I see a video of a bunch of kids who work extremely hard celebrating a big win with their fans. It's not like they are running around tearing up stadium signs with SC logos or pulling the damn hedge out of the ground. Just gave it a little trim courtesy of App State football.

After SC beat UGA I saw players doing interviews with handful of UGA's hedges...all part of the traditions and what makes college football great.
Yes, because another team destroys someone else's property makes it ok for our team to do the same? Destroying property is not celebrating. Let's be better than that.
You call that destroying property? Will the hedge die? Point is if SC fans are calling out our players for that then they are being hypocrites.

If the players were causing permanent property damage that would be one thing...they were pulling some leaves off a hedge.
Next spring I'll stop by your house and yank all the flowers and leaves off your bushes. It's ok, because the following year, they'll grow back right? You wouldn't mind a bit? It's pretty simple, it's not our property to do that to. That's one of the biggest issues this country has is just simply respecting each other and their property. Why not try and instill that sense of respect utilizing our education system? Why not encourage football players to be role models since whether they like or not, they are?

I'll get off my soapbox about it, I just thought it was a classless move. I do agree though, SC fans are hypocrites.
You guys did not even mention the fact that their administration had to apologize to Georgia for their players and coaches tearing up the hedges in Georgia.

They are the biggest hypocrites. They thought it was funny when their players did it. I said when it happened that I hope someone does it to them so they can see how it feels.
It was mentioned, acknowledged their hypocrisy, and guess what? Now some onlooker who just tuned into the game and saw us is saying the same thing. Hope someone comes into our house and does it to us.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:21 am
I still think that the classiest things I’ve ever read about was the Army V Oklahoma game last year where the OU fans cheered the Army team for the great game (like us at PSU) then Army left the locker room spotless after the game. The best thing a team and fan base can do is go in, cheer respectfully, whip their asses then leave respectfully.
I have noticed the home fans tend to like the visitors a lot more after the game when the home team avoids the upset.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:21 am
I have noticed the home fans tend to like the visitors a lot more after the game when the home team avoids the upset.
Yep tends to be the trend. "Thanks for the good game little guy." Whew!!

"You have a nice season now and don't ever come back"!!

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:50 am

I went to grad school at USC. They're a proud fanbase, and they have historically weathered adversity pretty well. They filled their huge stadium (or close to it) even during the longest losing streak in the nation 20 years ago. And if we're honest, I don't know how well our fanbase would handle similar circumstances. I remember the mood in the stadium when we dropped one to A&T during our season-at-sea, and how our fans reacted to the Liberty loss. We've got some loudmouths and plenty of bandwagon fans. I think we could take some lessons from the Gamecocks on a number of fronts.

Having said all that, there definitely is an attitude among the more established programs that we (or any G5 program) should win humbly and quietly, and should consider ourselves lucky that we even got the opportunity. Somehow the right to be loud and proud is reserved for the fans of a few schools (fans that may not have any actual tie to the school beyond fandom, by the way) and the rest of us should take our W, smile, say a prayer and humbly go back to where we came from.

Some of the hubbub from this game is directed at some of our loudmouths, and I will happily take that note. We don't need a bunch of drunks acting like they've never been there before representing our school. But there's another group of complainers that are just straight-up mad. They don't know us or our culture, and they think this is somehow directed at them or reflects immodesty. I don't care what those people think.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 am

I like the "A-S-U" chant. It brings me back to my childhood going to games. It's also one that can break out more spontaneously, where as "App - State" is more orchestrated and slow forming. I do also like the App-State chant. I say we keep both.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 am

Yosef wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Yosef wrote:
APP93 wrote:
Yosef wrote:

It was mentioned, acknowledged their hypocrisy, and guess what? Now some onlooker who just tuned into the game and saw us is saying the same thing. Hope someone comes into our house and does it to us.
It is so funny how people overlook how they did this to someone. South Carolina won't do it to us because we are going to beat them in Boone!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:03 am

appchicago wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:50 am
I went to grad school at USC. They're a proud fanbase, and they have historically weathered adversity pretty well. They filled their huge stadium (or close to it) even during the longest losing streak in the nation 20 years ago. And if we're honest, I don't know how well our fanbase would handle similar circumstances. I remember the mood in the stadium when we dropped one to A&T during our season-at-sea, and how our fans reacted to the Liberty loss. We've got some loudmouths and plenty of bandwagon fans. I think we could take some lessons from the Gamecocks on a number of fronts.

Having said all that, there definitely is an attitude among the more established programs that we (or any G5 program) should win humbly and quietly, and should consider ourselves lucky that we even got the opportunity. Somehow the right to be loud and proud is reserved for the fans of a few schools (fans that may not have any actual tie to the school beyond fandom, by the way) and the rest of us should take our W, smile, say a prayer and humbly go back to where we came from.

Some of the hubbub from this game is directed at some of our loudmouths, and I will happily take that note. We don't need a bunch of drunks acting like they've never been there before representing our school. But there's another group of complainers that are just straight-up mad. They don't know us or our culture, and they think this is somehow directed at them or reflects immodesty. I don't care what those people think.
They think they are so good because 247 and Rivals kisses the SEC butt and automatically gives them 3 and 4 stars. The reality is outside of Kinlaw, Edwards, and 3-4 other players our classes have been just as good, or better as theirs. We are deeper and faster than them. They are mad because they think they have top 35 talent and we are #102 or so. The reality is our talent is about #25-30 and theirs is a little behind us. They have a false sense of their players because of the stars. Another thing we have in common is that our kids have heart and theirs don't. They have a bunch of soft players with no passion and heart. Plus, we have better coaches. That is what truly eats them. They are just blaming other things because they want to be blind to the fact that we outcoached and outrecruited them. They can't stand it.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:05 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 am
Yosef wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Yosef wrote:
APP93 wrote:

It is so funny how people overlook how they did this to someone. South Carolina won't do it to us because we are going to beat them in Boone!
I double dare any opposing team to pull up our track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:28 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:05 am
Now, that's funny! I had to login just to comment.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:51 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:05 am
I also had the thought of a team trying to run up the hill to attack the block A hedges on the hill only to tumble down.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Yosef wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Yosef wrote:
APP93 wrote:
Yosef wrote:

Yosef...while I definitely agree with the broader point that I want our players to treat any team or school the same way we want to be treated and always represent App State will class and sportsmanship, I just didn't see any lack of sportsmanship based on the video you posted. If there is any more to it then what was posted, then that may change my opinion, but not from that video.

There is so much emotion that goes into playing any team sport, especially football, and these young players put so much time and effort into it (and risk so much in terms of their health) that I do not fault them for getting excited after such a big win and celebrating like they did with the fans in that video.

As mentioned earlier, damaging property likes signs, actually pulling the hedge out of the ground or pulling big chunks of branches out that may actually damage the tree, planting an ASU flag at mid-filed (like Baker Mayfield), etc., etc, etc....then I would have big concerns. I was more pissed that an App player had Halloween make-up on for the GS game, I thought that showed a lot of dis-respect to them and not sure if that was properly addressed.

From that video you posted, if there was another one showing an App player taking those leaves and throwing it in the air in front of or at a SC player than that would be a problem...but just based on what I saw from that clip, I didn't have an issue...in my ind just some players who got caught up in the emotion of a big win and had some fun with the fans...so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Go App, beat GSU

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:33 pm

APP93 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:22 pm
Yosef wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Yosef wrote:
APP93 wrote:

Yosef...while I definitely agree with the broader point that I want our players to treat any team or school the same way we want to be treated and always represent App State will class and sportsmanship, I just didn't see any lack of sportsmanship based on the video you posted. If there is any more to it then what was posted, then that may change my opinion, but not from that video.

There is so much emotion that goes into playing any team sport, especially football, and these young players put so much time and effort into it (and risk so much in terms of their health) that I do not fault them for getting excited after such a big win and celebrating like they did with the fans in that video.

As mentioned earlier, damaging property likes signs, actually pulling the hedge out of the ground or pulling big chunks of branches out that may actually damage the tree, planting an ASU flag at mid-filed (like Baker Mayfield), etc., etc, etc....then I would have big concerns. I was more pissed that an App player had Halloween make-up on for the GS game, I thought that showed a lot of dis-respect to them and not sure if that was properly addressed.

From that video you posted, if there was another one showing an App player taking those leaves and throwing it in the air in front of or at a SC player than that would be a problem...but just based on what I saw from that clip, I didn't have an issue...in my ind just some players who got caught up in the emotion of a big win and had some fun with the fans...so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Go App, beat GSU
I'm with you. No issues with what we did. What South Carolina did was so bad their AD had to apologize for the behavior of his players AND coaches. It was embarrassing for them.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:34 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Yosef wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Yosef wrote:
APP93 wrote:

Might I suggest a win-win. We can beat them in Boone, but they can still take pieces of the track home as retribution for any damage done to the hedges.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Not sure why Southern Cal Twitter is bashing App State..... :lol:

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:14 pm

BGP has a great about SC fans, Bama mouth with a Vandy trophy case.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:24 pm

The SC bashing in this thread is as bad a look as whatever was tweeted by their fans about us.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:58 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:34 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Yosef wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Yosef wrote:

Might I suggest a win-win. We can beat them in Boone, but they can still take pieces of the track home as retribution for any damage done to the hedges.
I suggest we just beat them and not give them any wins.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:01 pm

fjblair wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:24 pm
The SC bashing in this thread is as bad a look as whatever was tweeted by their fans about us. It's just how it goes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”