Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#25 CFP

APP93
School: Appalachian State

#25 CFP

Unread post by APP93 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Happy to be wrong

NavyApp

Re: #25 CFP

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Another step forward
FREQS AND GEEKS!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Wow, I’m pleasantly surprised too. Historic moment. Congrats guys, keep on climbing!

AppInDC

Unread post by AppInDC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Great news. It wasn't long ago that this forum was filled with posts about how we would never see the rankings again this year. Took one week and this is the one that matters.

The Cotton Bowl is four wins and eight spots away. Excited to see what happens.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Wow, let this sink in, Appalachian State is #25 in the CFP. I remember standing in the parking lot at KBS after our last FCS game and having a Western fan tell me we would never be relevant again.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:26 pm
Wow, let this sink in, Appalachian State is #25 in the CFP. I remember standing in the parking lot at KBS after our last FCS game and having a Western fan tell me we would never be relevant again.
Surprised that fan even knew what relevance was.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Dayum!
BLACK SATURDAY

General Moore

Unread post by General Moore » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Bam!!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
We got the same crap from Vermin and Woooferd.......Moving on and Furman still sucks.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 pm

AppInDC wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:15 pm
Great news. It wasn't long ago that this forum was filled with posts about how we would never see the rankings again this year. Took one week and this is the one that matters.

We had to have a lot of help. Several teams lost and we could hit the top 20 again depending on the next two weeks because a lot of teams in the 18-24 range should lose soon. They have tough games.

I'm glad to get this and these rankings are the ones that truly matter. We just need to win out or it really does all go away.

I can say this with 100% certainty as fact that we MUST have the following to happen to be a NY6 contender.

1. Cincy must lose one more. They have Memphis left to play.
2. Memphis must lose one more. They have Cincinnati left to play.
3. SMU must lose one more. They have Navy left to play. If they win out with a win over Navy and the AAC title game they would vault back over us.
4. Boise State must lose one more. They don't have a strong schedule remaining so it does not matter who they lose to. Just take one loss and their hopes are gone.
5. Navy must lose one more. They have Notre Dame and SMU left to play.
6. Most importantly we must win out.

It would help for Louisiana Tech to lose one more but it is not a must. It would just give a little cushion.

With the schedules at least 2 of the 5 things needed will play out for sure. The ideal scenario is that Memphis beats Cincy, Notre Dame beats Navy, Navy loses to SMU, Cincy then wins the AAC with 2 losses, Boise State loses the MWC, and we win out. That is the clear direct, easy path for us in a NY6. Still a lot that needs to happen.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Wow, really cool. Let’s win out and see what happens.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:47 pm

If the AAC championship game is Memphis and Cincinnati (as I think likely), they will be playing in back to back weeks. We need them to split that series. Regular season loser needs to win a week later in the championship.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Like someone from WCU would even know what it was like to be relevant.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:02 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:55 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Like someone from WCU would even know what it was like to be relevant.
I don't want to be cocky and full of ourselves because we should always have that chip and be humble but WCU was really only relevant in baseball. They have never been able to field a good football team. I really believe it was more jealousy that made him say that. WCU is 20 years away from being able to move up and that is assuming they got together today and decided that was their future goal and truly made moves to improve to where they could.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:14 pm

For the record....the Cantamounts did play for all the marbles in 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_NCAA ... nship_Game
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppInDC

Unread post by AppInDC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:15 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 pm
AppInDC wrote:

We had to have a lot of help. Several teams lost and we could hit the top 20 again depending on the next two weeks because a lot of teams in the 18-24 range should lose soon. They have tough games.

I'm glad to get this and these rankings are the ones that truly matter. We just need to win out or it really does all go away.

I can say this with 100% certainty as fact that we MUST have the following to happen to be a NY6 contender.

3. SMU must lose one more. They have Navy left to play. If they win out with a win over Navy and the AAC title game they would vault back over us.
4. Boise State must lose one more. They don't have a strong schedule remaining so it does not matter who they lose to. Just take one loss and their hopes are gone.

It would help for Louisiana Tech to lose one more but it is not a must. It would just give a little cushion.

With the schedules at least 2 of the 5 things needed will play out for sure. The ideal scenario is that Memphis beats Cincy, Notre Dame beats Navy, Navy loses to SMU, Cincy then wins the AAC with 2 losses, Boise State loses the MWC, and we win out. That is the clear direct, easy path for us in a NY6. Still a lot that needs to happen.
I get what you are saying that many things have to happen but I think there are some situations you mentioned that may not be necessary. For instance, Navy or SMU winning out is probably fine as long as Memphis wins out before title game. Memphis has beaten Navy and SMU so if Memphis beats Houston, South Florida, and Cincy, doesn't Memphis make title game due to head-to-head no matter what Navy/SMU do? One loss Navy or SMU doesn't matter if they aren't in the title game.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:14 pm
For the record....the Cantamounts did play for all the marbles in 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_NCAA ... nship_Game
They did actually have a few good years but were never able to string together several relevant years in a row. Just to show how they have taken steps back. Since then SMU has had the death penalty and has gotten into the top 25 while WCU has gone from a contender in 1983 to a team who has not been able to get out of the SoCon basement for more than 1 year at a time. I really hoped they could win the SoCon with us gone but they just can't seem to get over that hump.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:20 pm

AppInDC wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:15 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppInDC wrote:

I get what you are saying that many things have to happen but I think there are some situations you mentioned that may not be necessary. For instance, Navy or SMU winning out is probably fine as long as Memphis wins out before title game. Memphis has beaten Navy and SMU so if Memphis beats Houston, South Florida, and Cincy, doesn't Memphis make title game due to head-to-head no matter what Navy/SMU do? One loss Navy or SMU doesn't matter if they aren't in the title game.
Perhaps but I'm trying to think of a clear path. If Navy loses to SMU in theory we don't need them to lose another game but if they beat Notre Dame then they would have a win that could challenge us despite having two losses if they somehow won the AAC.

What we ideally need is the AAC Champ to have 2 losses. That would make it a safe bet. Regardless, the AAC does not matter if Boise State does not lose one more game. If Boise State wins out then my bet is they go whether we win out or not unlesss Cincy wins out then I would say they go. Right now Cincinnati has the best resume of a G5 by far. Their loss is to the #2 team in the country. Nobody else has a good loss like that.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:20 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
AppInDC wrote:

7. No more Scum Belt refs for APP. Saturday's game in Columbia proved the SEC and Sun Belt really do have an obvious alliance against APP. The SEC refs made effort to help SC.
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”