Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Elliott playing Alma mater article -EJ

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Elliott playing Alma mater article -EJ

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:44 am

appst89 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:04 am
NewApp wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:56 am
shortfatoldapp wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:18 am
Unethical is pretty strong. I’d like to see those examples myself!?! Anyway, who are we talking about Elliott or Cobb?
I hope we do the same thing to Looeyville if we ever get to play them. Coach Satterfield is a Cardinal now, not a Mountaineer.
I can guarantee that you do NOT hope we emulate anything Elliot has done on the recruiting trail to Louisville or anyone else.
By same thing, I mean the scoring margin of the Georgia State game. Didn't mean to quote, just post.
Last edited by NewApp on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:45 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:35 am
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
shortfatoldapp wrote:
Unethical is pretty strong. I’d like to see those examples myself!?! Anyway, who are we talking about Elliott or Cobb?
I hope we do the same thing to Looeyville if we ever get to play them. Coach Satterfield is a Cardinal now, not a Mountaineer.
I can guarantee that you do NOT hope we emulate anything Elliot has done on the recruiting trail to Louisville or anyone else.
So again, what has he done? Elliot coaches GSU, they are in our conference and 4 hours away from us. We’re going to be recruiting the same kids. If your mad because he’s competing with us for the same players you shouldn’t be. He’s their coach now and his job is to look out for them. That doesn’t mean anything goes. Just for the record I don’t know Shawn but I do get tired of some of us trashing former players and coaches who take jobs at other schools.

By "doing the same thing" I meant the scoring margin of the Georgia State game.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:50 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:41 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 am
Elliott. Mainly on the recruiting trail. There's a reason he was never remotely close to being considered for the head coaching job. And that reason isn't because of a poor record at Ga State
I mean... that would also be a good reason, though. I hope that was at least ONE of the reasons.
That wasn't even close to a thought. His name never made it that far. Guy has burned a ton of bridges at the high school and juco levels. Georgia military college won't even allow Georgia State to recruit their kids any more -- until Elliot is gone at least.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:59 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:08 am
Glad we could put it on them. I know Shawn loves App but he is a Panther now. Anytime we can stick it to Cobb and remind Shawn and anyone who use to be at App who we are with or without them is a good day. I do hope Georgia State finishes the season strong but I want to put it on them every time we play.
Eh, not so sure about that. He's said and done some pretty unethical things against App.
I know Shawn a little bit and he does love App. Here is the issue that clouds it right now. He loves himself more and has a huge ego. If Drink left in the next year or two I guarantee you Shawn would want to come back. He has done unethical things trying to beat App hoping that when the job comes open again he can say he beat us at GSU with less and have a strong argument to come to Boone and be given the best resources in the SBC. I am pretty sure he wishes he had taken the job offer before Scott and had not gone to South Carolina if he knew what he knows now. He was just happy to get a HC job when Cobb offered it but he wants to build the up so he can come back to App or get a P5 HC job.

I don't ever see him being brought to App as HC.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:02 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:50 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:41 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 am
Elliott. Mainly on the recruiting trail. There's a reason he was never remotely close to being considered for the head coaching job. And that reason isn't because of a poor record at Ga State
I mean... that would also be a good reason, though. I hope that was at least ONE of the reasons.
That wasn't even close to a thought. His name never made it that far. Guy has burned a ton of bridges at the high school and juco levels. Georgia military college won't even allow Georgia State to recruit their kids any more -- until Elliot is gone at least.
I don't know exactly what he did to GMC and others but I know when he was at App he had done something to make some schools mad. I liked Shawn as a person at App but I never want him back on the coaching staff. Shawn has done some unethical things in his personal life as well. He and Cobb kind of deserve each other at Georgia State.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
shortfatoldapp wrote:
So again, what has he done? Elliot coaches GSU, they are in our conference and 4 hours away from us. We’re going to be recruiting the same kids. If your mad because he’s competing with us for the same players you shouldn’t be. He’s their coach now and his job is to look out for them. That doesn’t mean anything goes. Just for the record I don’t know Shawn but I do get tired of some of us trashing former players and coaches who take jobs at other schools.
I'm not going into it on the board. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it at all. I can assure you it has nothing to do with competing for the same players. There are very valid reasons why people are upset with him.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:09 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:22 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
shortfatoldapp wrote:
I'm not going into it on the board. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it at all. I can assure you it has nothing to do with competing for the same players. There are very valid reasons why people are upset with him.
Sorry but you already went into it on this board. Again, don’t know the man past what I’ve seen him do as a coach but hate seeing folks trashed without evidence. I’m done.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Two posters accusing an Alum of unethical behavior , and not backing it up. That, in and of itself ,seems unethical .

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:09 pm
appst89 wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Sorry but you already went into it on this board. Again, don’t know the man past what I’ve seen him do as a coach but hate seeing folks trashed without evidence. I’m done.
You are right. I should not have jumped into this topic because I am not going to share publicly what I know.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:40 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:09 pm
appst89 wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appst89 wrote:

You are right. I should not have jumped into this topic because I am not going to share publicly what I know.
It’s all good, I’m not upset.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”