Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Troy TV?

booneboy92
School: Appalachian State

Troy TV?

Unread post by booneboy92 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:01 am

Our last several games being on the ESPN television (real TV) platforms, and 4 out of 5 being in primetime has been fantastic! That said, when the Troy game was moved from Saturday to Friday, I thought it would, for sure, have a "real TV" slot. Looking at all the Top 25 games for Thanksgiving weekend, ours is scheduled to be on ESPN+, while the other 24 teams are to be on "real TV". I wonder, should we and GA South. both win this weekend, if that might change based on East division intrigue going into the final week? I didn't see any other FBS games taking up ESPN2 or ESPNU in that 6:00 pm slot. Maybe they're waiting to see how things play out this weekend...

booneboy92

Re: Troy TV?

Unread post by booneboy92 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:16 am

booneboy92 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:01 am
Our last several games being on the ESPN television (real TV) platforms, and 4 out of 5 being in primetime has been fantastic! That said, when the Troy game was moved from Saturday to Friday, I thought it would, for sure, have a "real TV" slot. Looking at all the Top 25 games for Thanksgiving weekend, ours is scheduled to be on ESPN+, while the other 24 teams are to be on "real TV". I wonder, should we and GA South. both win this weekend, if that might change based on East division intrigue going into the final week? I didn't see any other FBS games taking up ESPN2 or ESPNU in that 6:00 pm slot. Maybe they're waiting to see how things play out this weekend...
Correction: Texas/Texas Tech have not been assigned a TV channel yet, but play at Noon... And 8 games on Saturday the 30th have TBD for time/TV... But we're the only one assigned to ESPN+.

asucrutch23

Unread post by asucrutch23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:18 am

booneboy92 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:16 am
booneboy92 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:01 am
Correction: Texas/Texas Tech have not been assigned a TV channel yet, but play at Noon... And 8 games on Saturday the 30th have TBD for time/TV... But we're the only one assigned to ESPN+.
I've been wondering this myself. Not sure if it's in play.

By the way, Texas and Texas Tech will play on FOX.

asucrutch23

Unread post by asucrutch23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:23 am

Looks like ESPN2 will be filled with "Feast Week" basketball on the 29th.

ESPN has basketball until 4, WVU/TCU football at 4:15, and USF/UCF football at 8.

Only option looks to be ESPNU, which right now shows Ole Miss and Texas A&M "reality TV" on the schedule most of the day and one basketball game at 4:30.

EDIT: Actually looks like ESPNU has basketball at 7 and 9:30 as well... we may be stuck on ESPN+. That 7th place game in the "Battle 4 Atlantis" should be a thriller :roll:

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:20 pm

asucrutch23 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:23 am
Looks like ESPN2 will be filled with "Feast Week" basketball on the 29th.

ESPN has basketball until 4, WVU/TCU football at 4:15, and USF/UCF football at 8.

Only option looks to be ESPNU, which right now shows Ole Miss and Texas A&M "reality TV" on the schedule most of the day and one basketball game at 4:30.

EDIT: Actually looks like ESPNU has basketball at 7 and 9:30 as well... we may be stuck on ESPN+. That 7th place game in the "Battle 4 Atlantis" should be a thriller :roll:
Also, at the time our game was backed up a day, ESPN may have been planning for an East Division championship game. Not as intriguing to a national audience with Troy not being in the running, regardless of how everything else plays out....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”