Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sutton

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Sutton

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:12 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:12 pm
I know that this thread is about Sutton, but was anyone else impressed to see DeMarco Jackson track down their RB on that 60 yard run?
Former RB so I thought he could run but he was flying. That guy was probably a 4.7 guy in the 40 and he looked like a high 4.4 or low 4.5 speed on that run down.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:42 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:10 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:02 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:45 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:27 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 am

Tough game for Akeem. He was upset with himself after the game.

I have a hot take, Jolly/Sean Charles are a better duo than Duck/Hayes. Jolly is more calculated in his coverage and shows more discipline to knock the ball down vs trying to make INTs. I love Duck and Hayes, but have seen a lot of advanced things from Jolly and Charles.
Not to disagree with you but I would say it’s too early to make that comparison. They are certainly trending that way, but Duck started his career on fire and he wasn’t targeted as much after his Freshman year.
LOL. That was why it was a "hot take". I'm right there with you, I think they have potential to be better, but Duck and Hayes at their best was pretty fun to watch. I was just pulling a Max or Steven A.....
Sorry, we have enough hot take folks here. I do like Jolly and SJC.
:lol: :lol:
I had just got done catching up on the Gameday thread and stuff after getting back from Georgia, so I decided to be tongue and cheek and jump in on the hot takes.

I am still “wait and see” on Charles, but Jolly looks special. I had the chance to talk to him after the game and he is all business, was still dialed in long after the game was over. Sometimes you can just get a feeling on someone based on their demeanor.
The Appalachian State

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Shemar Jean-Charles is having a fabulous season.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:06 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:45 pm
Both he and Jolly are. Jolly is a little bit more technically sound than Charles, but Charles has that “swagger” and sometimes careless aggressiveness that you like to see from a good corner. I just want to see him polish his downfield coverage technique, use a little bit less hands etc. Charles’ actually is just scratching the surface.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:24 am

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:06 pm
AppGrad78 wrote:
Both he and Jolly are. Jolly is a little bit more technically sound than Charles, but Charles has that “swagger” and sometimes careless aggressiveness that you like to see from a good corner. I just want to see him polish his downfield coverage technique, use a little bit less hands etc. Charles’ actually is just scratching the surface.
I'm with you and AppGrad78. Jolly is the better one now but Charles is getting better and I think they have formed a good duo. I'll be shocked if all four DBs don't get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team All-SBC. I could tell with their movement skills early in the year when they were getting torched that the talent is there. They both have more natural talent than any corners we had over the last several years. I'm not putting down Hayes or Duck but simply saying how much I think the current ones are coming along.

Keep an eye on who takes over at safety next year. My guess is that we will really like Huff and Price or whoever takes the other spot. We have a very good 2-deep secondary right now.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:48 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:24 am
appstatealum wrote:
AppGrad78 wrote:
I'm with you and AppGrad78. Jolly is the better one now but Charles is getting better and I think they have formed a good duo. I'll be shocked if all four DBs don't get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team All-SBC. I could tell with their movement skills early in the year when they were getting torched that the talent is there. They both have more natural talent than any corners we had over the last several years. I'm not putting down Hayes or Duck but simply saying how much I think the current ones are coming along.

Keep an eye on who takes over at safety next year. My guess is that we will really like Huff and Price or whoever takes the other spot. We have a very good 2-deep secondary right now.
Nick Ross is going to be hard to keep off the field.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 am

Why do you think Price is the guy? He is a corner with Huff, Ross, and Smith coming back next year at safety. Wright is being brought in to play safety as well. Provided he does not flip.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:25 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:48 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:24 am
appstatealum wrote:
AppGrad78 wrote:

Nick Ross is going to be hard to keep off the field.
Agreed. If Jenkins pans out as well then the secondary is going to be very good for the next 3 years for sure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”