Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sutton

ah59396
School: Appalachian State

Sutton

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Good at football.

Sutton is good. Sutton is wise. I like Sutton.
YNWA

yosef69

Re: Sutton

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Best player we've ever seen NA. Fight me

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:29 pm
Good at football.

Sutton is good. Sutton is wise. I like Sutton.
He’s a playmaker clean and smooth .

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Best player on the field for sure. I have mentioned a couple times before but I think all Drink has to do is go Jet Tempo, feed Sutton, feed the RBs, and let Zac play natural and run a little more but slide and get out of bounds to prevent hits and we aren't going to be stopped these next 3 weeks. It is great seeing Sutton get the ball. He should never have less than 8 catches in a game.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:51 pm

Sutton does a lot of thing well but what has impressed me the most this year is how he is fighting for yards after the catch. He made a huge play at SC on a tunnel screen when he broke a tackle on put us in position to score our only offensive TD in that game.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:21 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:51 pm
Sutton does a lot of thing well but what has impressed me the most this year is how he is fighting for yards after the catch. He made a huge play at SC on a tunnel screen when he broke a tackle on put us in position to score our only offensive TD in that game.
He had a couple big runs after catch tonight. He breaks tackles and does not go down easy. Usually takes 2-3 guys to get him down. Sutton is definitely a highlight reel ready to happen.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:14 am

Sutton was Eating tonight. He can't be covered. Glad to see Drink design the game plan around him tonight. Now y'all can see why I kept saying he hasn't been featured enough.

Great App fan contingent at the game. I talked to Roof after the game and LOVED (yes, loved) how upset he was about giving up the late TD. He was furious. I admitted that I was worried after two games and I heaped praise on him with the way he and the defense have come together. I've done a complete 180, but I know he did too.
The Appalachian State

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:04 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:14 am
Sutton was Eating tonight. He can't be covered. Glad to see Drink design the game plan around him tonight. Now y'all can see why I kept saying he hasn't been featured enough.

Great App fan contingent at the game. I talked to Roof after the game and LOVED (yes, loved) how upset he was about giving up the late TD. He was furious. I admitted that I was worried after two games and I heaped praise on him with the way he and the defense have come together. I've done a complete 180, but I know he did too.
I've been screaming for Sutton to get more involved too. There may be 5 guys in the whole country who can lock him up, he is a technician when it comes to running routes and has the size and speed to bust any play loose. He is special. Was really nice seeing him and Drink on the sideline smiling and talking during the game. Just like Dean Smith was the only person who could keep Jordan under 20, Drink may be the only one who can keep Sutton under 100 yards and multiple TDs.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:19 am

Sutton's catch was #2 on Sportscenter's Top 10

weavneerfan

Unread post by weavneerfan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 am

His “catch” was just on Sports Center! Titled Best Juggling Act.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:31 am

Best receiver we've had since Sean Price, he's open on a lot of routes that don't get thrown his way.

mtneer45

Unread post by mtneer45 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:33 am

He is a playmaker. It was also just nice to see us throw any deep ball. It immediately opens to whole offense up whether we complete them or not.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:44 am

NavyApp wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:04 am
appstatealum wrote:

I've been screaming for Sutton to get more involved too. There may be 5 guys in the whole country who can lock him up, he is a technician when it comes to running routes and has the size and speed to bust any play loose. He is special. Was really nice seeing him and Drink on the sideline smiling and talking during the game. Just like Dean Smith was the only person who could keep Jordan under 20, Drink may be the only one who can keep Sutton under 100 yards and multiple TDs.
It's been a longtime coming.....
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 am

Deano wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:31 am
Best receiver we've had since Sean Price, he's open on a lot of routes that don't get thrown his way.
I always love pulling up old Sean Price videos, he had ridiculous raw talent. But Corey's talent is really similar and Corey has better technique and route skills than Sean.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 am

appstatealum wrote:

He did one thing I did not think he would do. He was willing to adjust and be moved to the box so others have input as well. He is not doing the defense by himself and I think he apparently realized if he did not pull a 180 that he would get run out of town and look bad. We all said in preseason for the coaches not to screw it up. I feared he might have too much of an ego but he made changes and was willing to adjust. Good for him. We were going to tar and feather him if our defense took a big nose dive.

I think everyone can see that those of us who said it was no excuse and that we have talent to win were right as well. The corners are very good. I think both corners this year are as good or better than the very good duo we had last year. They are becoming All-SBC caliber players right now. We should have at least 6-7 defenders on the 1st or 2nd team All-SBC if we keep it up. (Davis-Gaither, Fehr, Taylor, Thomas, Jolly, Franklin, and Jean-Charles).

I could possibly see Franklin and Jean-Charles on 3rd team but still that would be amazing after how it looked early on. I would think SBC DEF POY will either be Gaither, ULM CB, or Arkansas State E. I would go with Gaither personally. Maybe I'm biased. lol

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:56 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 am
Deano wrote:
I always love pulling up old Sean Price videos, he had ridiculous raw talent. But Corey's talent is really similar and Corey has better technique and route skills than Sean.
Sutton should have had 75-90 catches, 1,200 yards, and 12-15 TDs this year. He can't catch Bayless but if we feed him the ball the same for the rest of the year then he should finish 2nd in the league in all categories. Bayless of Arkansas State is really good but Sutton has more talent.

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:21 am

Dude Sutton is a straight BEAST!!!!!!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:23 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:56 am
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 am
Deano wrote:
Sutton should have had 75-90 catches, 1,200 yards, and 12-15 TDs this year. He can't catch Bayless but if we feed him the ball the same for the rest of the year then he should finish 2nd in the league in all categories. Bayless of Arkansas State is really good but Sutton has more talent.
Well, Arky St throws the ball a billion times a game. He has the volume on his side for sure. Eye test tells you that Corey is the best WR in this league, if not one of the best in class.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:27 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 am
appstatealum wrote:

He did one thing I did not think he would do. He was willing to adjust and be moved to the box so others have input as well. He is not doing the defense by himself and I think he apparently realized if he did not pull a 180 that he would get run out of town and look bad. We all said in preseason for the coaches not to screw it up. I feared he might have too much of an ego but he made changes and was willing to adjust. Good for him. We were going to tar and feather him if our defense took a big nose dive.

I think everyone can see that those of us who said it was no excuse and that we have talent to win were right as well. The corners are very good. I think both corners this year are as good or better than the very good duo we had last year. They are becoming All-SBC caliber players right now. We should have at least 6-7 defenders on the 1st or 2nd team All-SBC if we keep it up. (Davis-Gaither, Fehr, Taylor, Thomas, Jolly, Franklin, and Jean-Charles).

I could possibly see Franklin and Jean-Charles on 3rd team but still that would be amazing after how it looked early on. I would think SBC DEF POY will either be Gaither, ULM CB, or Arkansas State E. I would go with Gaither personally. Maybe I'm biased. lol
Tough game for Akeem. He was upset with himself after the game.

I have a hot take, Jolly/Sean Charles are a better duo than Duck/Hayes. Jolly is more calculated in his coverage and shows more discipline to knock the ball down vs trying to make INTs. I love Duck and Hayes, but have seen a lot of advanced things from Jolly and Charles.
The Appalachian State

NDavidsonApp

Unread post by NDavidsonApp » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:32 am

Deano wrote:
Just as long as he doesn't act like Price.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”