Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Week 13 Polls: CFP, AP, Coaches

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Week 13 Polls: CFP, AP, Coaches

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Now the polls are starting to matter. The only one who truly matters is the CFP. I don't care where we are ranked but who from G5 are we ranked behind. My guess is Cincy, Memphis, and Boise State.

Coaches: https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/p ... 019-11-17/

AP: https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeFootballPoll

CFP: Not yet released.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

appstate77

Re: Week 13 Polls: CFP, AP, Coaches

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:03 pm

Go 1-0 this week. Beat TX State!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:54 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:03 pm
Big time! I don't care where we are ranked as much once we get to late November but I do care greatly about who we are behind from the G5 level if we win this weekend. It is much harder to move up and teams in the 15-25 range who lose are usually going to be an upset if they do.

Texas State and Troy would love nothing more than to prevent us from attaining what we want. Once we got to a big bowl then the league would surely want the SBC to rep well but no team is going to not care if they beat us. It would be a huge win for every team. We must play our A game. Just winning by a TD does not do it either. We need to keep making statements.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:04 pm

"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 pm

23 in AP and 22 in coaches. In both polls we are closer to the team behind us in points than the team ahead of us. What puzzles me is that San Diego State got back into the coaches at 25 and they are a 2 loss G5 with some tight wins against bad teams.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:04 pm

1-0 twice more. It’s as simple as that. Stink is playing possum. They know all they have to do is win two close games against weakened Ark State and Ga. State and hope we overlook a suddenly dangerous Troy team, and they quietly head to Lafayette as East Champion. It’s single elimination time from now to the end. Fight App!

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:14 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:04 pm
1-0 twice more. It’s as simple as that. Stink is playing possum. They know all they have to do is win two close games against weakened Ark State and Ga. State and hope we overlook a suddenly dangerous Troy team, and they quietly head to Lafayette as East Champion. It’s single elimination time from now to the end. Fight App!
yep

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:06 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Hopefully Ark State will beat Ga Southern and then we only have to win one of our last two. Tx State should not be a problem of course, unless our guys are looking past them to Troy, but Troy gives me the shakes...

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:06 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Hopefully Ark State will beat Ga Southern and then we only have to win one of our last two. Tx State should not be a problem of course, unless our guys are looking past them to Troy, but Troy gives me the shakes...
I hope Georgia Southern wins the remaining games so we have to win and do win them. We need them to look like a quality team. If they lose again they will look awful and honestly become a very bad loss for us.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:08 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 pm
23 in AP and 22 in coaches. In both polls we are closer to the team behind us in points than the team ahead of us. What puzzles me is that San Diego State got back into the coaches at 25 and they are a 2 loss G5 with some tight wins against bad teams.
SDSU is in the MWC so they don't view it the same as they should. I have seen games of the top MWC and AAC teams that don't make me fear them at all and believe we should win. I have also seen games of them and then some of us that make me think we would lose for sure and those two leagues are better than the SBC at the top. Although if we indeed perform offensively like we did on Saturday then we are a tough team to beat. Just can't start that slow against a team like Boise, San Diego State, SMU, Cincy, Memphis, etc.

As long as we keep cleaning stuff up and we make some statements then we should accomplish what we want. As far as NY6 and rankings we can't control it. I'll celebrate if things play out in our favor but no need to stress over what our team can't control.

All we can really worry about right now is Texas State and Troy. I know some don't want ULL again and honestly they will be even tougher but I want the challenge. I hope we play them again and they don't lose between now and then. We need GSU and ULL to be as strong as possible losses so they won't be looked at as a bad loss for GSU and be considered a good win beating ULL twice.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:45 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm
Rick83 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
I hope Georgia Southern wins the remaining games so we have to win and do win them. We need them to look like a quality team. If they lose again they will look awful and honestly become a very bad loss for us.
I hope Ga So loses every game they play! If they lose one more game, then we automatically win our Division with at least one more victory! The only way we get NY 6 is if Memphis/Cincy/Boise all lose again. Then we might have a chance.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:51 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:03 pm
#BeatETSU

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:45 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
I get what you're saying but our primary goal is to win the Sun Belt and obviously we have to win the East to even get to the championship game. If Boise or the AAC teams don't lose the way we need them to it won't really matter if the Ga Southern game was a quality loss or not. I want to be champions again, for the 4th year in a row, first and foremost...then win our bowl game...and do it all with Class, Integrity, and Academic Excellence. :D

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:21 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:08 pm
t4pizza wrote:
SDSU is in the MWC so they don't view it the same as they should. I have seen games of the top MWC and AAC teams that don't make me fear them at all and believe we should win. I have also seen games of them and then some of us that make me think we would lose for sure and those two leagues are better than the SBC at the top. Although if we indeed perform offensively like we did on Saturday then we are a tough team to beat. Just can't start that slow against a team like Boise, San Diego State, SMU, Cincy, Memphis, etc.

As long as we keep cleaning stuff up and we make some statements then we should accomplish what we want. As far as NY6 and rankings we can't control it. I'll celebrate if things play out in our favor but no need to stress over what our team can't control.

All we can really worry about right now is Texas State and Troy. I know some don't want ULL again and honestly they will be even tougher but I want the challenge. I hope we play them again and they don't lose between now and then. We need GSU and ULL to be as strong as possible losses so they won't be looked at as a bad loss for GSU and be considered a good win beating ULL twice.
SDSU beat FCS Weber State 6-0. That’s right, they couldn’t muster a TD against an 8-3 FCS team.

SDSU has losses to two 6-4 G5 teams.

One of those G5 teams, Nevada, lost to Oregon 77-6 and Hawaii 54-3.

SDSU benefits from being a part of the MWC and nothing more. We would hammer SDSU.

Regarding the committee rankings, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had us in the teens above Cincy and Memphis, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have us at 22, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t have us ranked at all.

The committee has shown time and time again that it’s a week to week ranking and that could be to our benefit or detriment.

I’ll be watching Tuesday evening, I know that.
YNWA

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:47 am

I'd actually be pretty surprised if we're anything other than 22 or 23 tomorrow night.

San Diego State shouldn't be ranked, but on a given day they're still pretty tough. I'll be pulling for them to beat Hawaii this week, because the winner of that game wins the MWC West and could be our last hope of Boise getting beat. SDSU's margins aren't impressive because they're a defensive team, but that also keeps them in the game against most opponents. If they play Boise, I actually like their chances.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:49 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:47 am
I'd actually be pretty surprised if we're anything other than 22 or 23 tomorrow night.

San Diego State shouldn't be ranked, but on a given day they're still pretty tough. I'll be pulling for them to beat Hawaii this week, because the winner of that game wins the MWC West and could be our last hope of Boise getting beat. SDSU's margins aren't impressive because they're a defensive team, but that also keeps them in the game against most opponents. If they play Boise, I actually like their chances.
Good point. I’m a huge SDSU and Utah State fan from here on in, haha.
YNWA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:45 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
I get what you're saying but our primary goal is to win the Sun Belt and obviously we have to win the East to even get to the championship game. If Boise or the AAC teams don't lose the way we need them to it won't really matter if the Ga Southern game was a quality loss or not. I want to be champions again, for the 4th year in a row, first and foremost...then win our bowl game...and do it all with Class, Integrity, and Academic Excellence. :D
For sure and that is our main goal but Drink can talk down the NY6 and being ranked all he wants. The goal of our AD and fanbase is to finish the year ranked and make a brand name that the AAC wants. The first goal is to win the SBC title and if we win out it does not matter what anyone else does because we control our own destiny. Because we control our own destiny I want the ULL win in the SBC title game to carry weight and for GSU to not be to us what South Carolina's win over Georgia has become.

There is still a lot to be played out so no reason to worry about NY6 and other teams yet. Still some big games to be played. I would not be shocked if Boise and Cincy win out or if both take a loss. I also would not be shocked if we go into the SBC title game 11-1 and lose to ULL. I really believe the 2nd game with ULL will be our toughest game of the year. They are hungry and should come to Boone hot.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:09 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:21 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:08 pm
t4pizza wrote:

SDSU beat FCS Weber State 6-0. That’s right, they couldn’t muster a TD against an 8-3 FCS team.

SDSU has losses to two 6-4 G5 teams.

One of those G5 teams, Nevada, lost to Oregon 77-6 and Hawaii 54-3.

SDSU benefits from being a part of the MWC and nothing more. We would hammer SDSU.

Regarding the committee rankings, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had us in the teens above Cincy and Memphis, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have us at 22, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t have us ranked at all.

The committee has shown time and time again that it’s a week to week ranking and that could be to our benefit or detriment.

I’ll be watching Tuesday evening, I know that.
I agree with you on SDSU. I would not rank them at all and I don't even think they are top 30. I'm just saying that SDSU would be ranked if they won out. I personally think if they somehow play Boise and beat them that neither team should be ranked. SDSU does not impress me at all.

I will be shocked if we are top 20 but I expect 23-24 in the rankings this week. I will watch for sure as well because I do expect to be in there. As long as we don't lose or have a real close win we should stay in there. We need to win big and make statements in the next two games. Just a 1 TD win won't do it for us. To stay in there and rise we have to look impressive for sure.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:19 pm

This week will be the best shot for a loss at the other G5 above us until championship games. We win out and let's see what happens.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”