Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

TX St discussion

Woodstovegang
School: Appalachian State

Re: TX St discussion

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:48 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:52 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:49 pm
Get rid of that freaking train horn..... It is the most highschool thing I have ever heard. Each time I hear it I cringe, and now I think of GAST and their ungodly loud horn.

You're so sweet.
Thou may ingest a satchel of Richards.....
After that damn chicken crow at USC every third down, I've learned to love the train whistle. Should call it every third down......

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:43 pm

Unless every play results in a touchdown we will always hear complaints about play-calling. Some members on this board continually complained about Satt's play-calling and Satt laughed about that all the way to the bank.
Drink's play-calling and OC duties are being criticized (even at 10-1) and he's up for coach of the year awards. Some on this board wanted Ted Roof fired after 2 games...TWO GAMES...and now he's up for a national award and we're all hoping he sticks around for a while because the defense is kicking ass even though there are some bad plays here and there. Really unbelievable...I have a work associate who's a Wake grad and I've told him of the negativity on this board that's been prevalent most of the season and he just laughs and can't believe it. I can't believe it. Just enjoy this amazing season that we're having with a new coaching staff. Let's beat Troy and get to the 2nd annual Boone Bowl!!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:31 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:52 pm
Another nice td run by Evans! He has been impressive this year, I really wish we got him more touches during the games. Homerun threat every time he touches the ball.
It’s funny how things change. Just 4 minutes before this post you complained about how much we run the ball. Don’t take it personally, I just notice this a lot from fans. They hate the runs that go for 2 or 3 yards and love the runs that end up in the end zone.
I actually wasn't complaining about running it too much, it was just an observation that Drink has shown a tendency to run the clock when we have a comfortable lead and the defense is doing their job. I figured at that point in the game, it would mostly just be run and it was. Not a complaint from me, just my guess that it would be all run from their on out. I don't have a problem with us running the ball, it is a great way to win games. I do wish we would get to the edge more with our running game, and I have stated that on multiple occasions, but I understand why we need to establish the run and lean on it when we have a lead.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:07 pm

I have heard Drink say that, as a coach, he's playing for the win and not for stats or padding a score. The win is what he's after and apparently not "style points."

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:10 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Another nice td run by Evans! He has been impressive this year, I really wish we got him more touches during the games. Homerun threat every time he touches the ball.
It’s funny how things change. Just 4 minutes before this post you complained about how much we run the ball. Don’t take it personally, I just notice this a lot from fans. They hate the runs that go for 2 or 3 yards and love the runs that end up in the end zone.
I actually wasn't complaining about running it too much, it was just an observation that Drink has shown a tendency to run the clock when we have a comfortable lead and the defense is doing their job. I figured at that point in the game, it would mostly just be run and it was. Not a complaint from me, just my guess that it would be all run from their on out. I don't have a problem with us running the ball, it is a great way to win games. I do wish we would get to the edge more with our running game, and I have stated that on multiple occasions, but I understand why we need to establish the run and lean on it when we have a lead.
My bad, looked like a complaint. I just heard it all night from the two guys behind me. Don’t run it, don’t run it, don’t run it, touch down, great call.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:14 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:10 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
My bad, looked like a complaint. I just heard it all night from the two guys behind me. Don’t run it, don’t run it, don’t run it, touch down, great call.
No problem, it is easy to misinterpret things on message boards. I know everyone loves a good passing game, myself included, but App is and has always been and I would venture to say will always be a run first team. It is in our DNA and it has served us very well over the years. Like I said in another post, just wish Evans would get more touches in the game.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 pm

I'm wondering, have we been running the jet sweep lately? It's late and adult drinks may be impairing my memory, but have we? If not, wonder if Drink is saving that for bigger game situations.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:30 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:43 pm
Unless every play results in a touchdown we will always hear complaints about play-calling. Some members on this board continually complained about Satt's play-calling and Satt laughed about that all the way to the bank.
Drink's play-calling and OC duties are being criticized (even at 10-1) and he's up for coach of the year awards. Some on this board wanted Ted Roof fired after 2 games...TWO GAMES...and now he's up for a national award and we're all hoping he sticks around for a while because the defense is kicking ass even though there are some bad plays here and there. Really unbelievable...I have a work associate who's a Wake grad and I've told him of the negativity on this board that's been prevalent most of the season and he just laughs and can't believe it. I can't believe it. Just enjoy this amazing season that we're having with a new coaching staff. Let's beat Troy and get to the 2nd annual Boone Bowl!!
Everyone has a flaw and there is nothing wrong with pointing it out but Drink has a lot of positives. He should certainly be the SBC Coach of the Year if he wins the SBC. Sometimes it just takes players a couple series to really get going and feel a team out. I think the slow starts for us sometimes are that teams are showing us things they did not show much on tape. We are getting everyone's best shot.

The only thing I look at him and feel like he could directly control is getting the ball to Sutton more. I hate we just started doing it like we should and then he goes down.

We are not a program who pays big money so we don't need to worry about whether coaches stick around. I would not be surprised if Drink is here next year or if he is gone. That NC State job may come open and I'm sure he will be a candidate for a few jobs.

The new reality at App while we are a top 25 ranked team is that P5 schools are going to come calling for our HC so I would love to see our next hire be someone who won't be looking to go anywhere. If we go 12-1 I could certainly see people come calling for him.

For the time being I'm glad to have Drink and all we should worry about is Troy. This is going to be a tough game. It would not shock me if we won by 28 or lose this game. We are better than them but this is going to be a tough draw for us on the road coming off a short week.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:07 pm
I have heard Drink say that, as a coach, he's playing for the win and not for stats or padding a score. The win is what he's after and apparently not "style points."
I think that attitude for him is coming from a P5 school. In the ACC all you have to do is win. We do need to just win if all we want to do is win the SBC and a bowl game but it is getting to the point where it helps to win big. Drink is still learning and will only get better but he is already doing a great job as is.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:35 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am
Rick83 wrote:
I think that attitude for him is coming from a P5 school. In the ACC all you have to do is win. We do need to just win if all we want to do is win the SBC and a bowl game but it is getting to the point where it helps to win big. Drink is still learning and will only get better but he is already doing a great job as is.
To be fair we have 5 wins out of 10 by more than 20 points and three more by at least 10. The only games we haven't won by double digits were the two Carolina games and the abomination that was the Stink. I am comfortable with our margin of victories this year.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:05 am

Happy for another W! Best way to end a rain drought in Boone.... Schedule an App State home football game.... Now a couple of observations: 1) We HAVE to start these games better--Its a disturbing trend now. 2) Zac is not throwing the ball well and waiting too long many times to throw. 3) Louisiana is peaking and playing great football and want us in the worse way... That being said, we will get beaten soundly in championship game if we continue with #'s 1 and 2. Troy will beat us if we aren't careful as well. There is NO WAY I saw a top 24 team yesterday. Oh, I forgot #3... Our 1st down production has been terrible lately.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:39 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:35 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am
Rick83 wrote:
To be fair we have 5 wins out of 10 by more than 20 points and three more by at least 10. The only games we haven't won by double digits were the two Carolina games and the abomination that was the Stink. I am comfortable with our margin of victories this year.
I am comfortable for the most part as well. I did not like giving up so much to CCU and Charlotte and our offense has stalled out some but overall this has been a great year. I just hope we can finish strong. I would almost give ULL the edge in our game without Sutton. We better have some guys step up. I know we can but an injury like his can be brutal. We were hitting the stretch where we need him most.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”