Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Corey Sutton

Kafarmer
School: Appalachian State

Corey Sutton

Unread post by Kafarmer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:37 pm

Any word on Sutton?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: Corey Sutton

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:49 pm

On crutches at end of game. He was walking himself under the west stands after game. I walked right by him.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:25 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:49 pm
On crutches at end of game. He was walking himself under the west stands after game. I walked right by him.

Could you tell if he was putting any weight on the injured wheel?
Last edited by asu66 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:27 pm

He’s been responding to fans on twitter sending prayers his way. Hasn’t said anything downplaying the injury. Not good.

Have to think it’s a serious knee injury rather than just a bruise or strain.

mountaineeryosef

Unread post by mountaineeryosef » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:39 pm

I saw him under the West stands after the game. When I asked how he was, he said he'd know tomorrow.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Getting it checked out tomorrow. Nothing official now. It actually was a non-contact injury that happened before he got hit. Def send prayers his way, guy is a competitor and if he can't finish the season, its going to tear him up.
The Appalachian State

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:31 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:30 pm
Getting it checked out tomorrow. Nothing official now. It actually was a non-contact injury that happened before he got hit. Def send prayers his way, guy is a competitor and if he can't finish the season, its going to tear him up.
Non contact = not good

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:31 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Non contact = not good
I don’t know about that non contact part. He got crushed from the blind side.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:40 pm

I don't think we'll see him the rest of the season.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Think everyone would guess ACL. Even if just a strain would be tough to get back for even the bowl game.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:20 pm

asu66 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:25 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:49 pm

Could you tell if has he was putting any weight on the injured wheel?
I did not notice. In fact it was my daughter that noticed him first and she said a few quick words in passing to Corey. He was not a font of smiles to be sure but he did acknowledge my daughter.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:00 pm

appstatealum wrote:
I felt sure it happened with that guy hit him from the back combined with the others on him. If it is non contact that is definitely not good news. We need him back. Hopefully he gets good news and can play against ULL but I'm not holding my breath.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:02 pm

Yall think he comes back next season either way?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:13 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:02 pm
Well it is pretty much public knowledge around campus that Evans is gone. I think it is 50/50 with Sutton. Depends on seriousness of injury and what NFL says I would think.

I wish Evans would go to NFL Advisory Board because they will tell him to stay in school for sure.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:16 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:13 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Well it is pretty much public knowledge around campus that Evans is gone. I think it is 50/50 with Sutton. Depends on seriousness of injury and what NFL says I would think.

I wish Evans would go to NFL Advisory Board because they will tell him to stay in school for sure.
This is the first time I'm hearing of Evan's being a done deal.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:36 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:16 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

I would say he is 90% gone. Every NFL team has told our coaches he will get drafted and agents are giving him the whole BS about RBs need to go and save the hits on their body. He also feels confident he will get drafted for sure and saw what happened with Jalin Moore. Evans is a better player than Moore though so even with a knee injury someone would likely take him.

He might not go until round 5 or 6 but he will make a NFL roster. He is fast and has special teams ability. I hate that he wants to go and hope our coaches can get in his ear and keep him in school but I have heard 4 or 5 times that he is likely gone. The coaches say Evans is a test freak so his combine workout should be impressive.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:33 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

Pray Corey didn't tear anything, but yes all initial indicators are not very promising. As for him trying the NFL after this season, on one hand he's now been around the college game for 4 years. However this is maybe the most loaded WR class ever. He'd be fighting an uphill battle trying to compete for a roster spot, especially if he's coming off a serious injury. Don't want to be selfish though. I hope things turn out well for Corey. I was talking about this earlier but I think he's the best player we've had since moving to the FBS.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:36 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:36 pm
yosef69 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

I would say he is 90% gone. Every NFL team has told our coaches he will get drafted and agents are giving him the whole BS about RBs need to go and save the hits on their body. He also feels confident he will get drafted for sure and saw what happened with Jalin Moore. Evans is a better player than Moore though so even with a knee injury someone would likely take him.

He might not go until round 5 or 6 but he will make a NFL roster. He is fast and has special teams ability. I hate that he wants to go and hope our coaches can get in his ear and keep him in school but I have heard 4 or 5 times that he is likely gone. The coaches say Evans is a test freak so his combine workout should be impressive.
I don't think that whole bit is "BS." Running backs have extremely short careers, it's a brutal position to play now. A lot of the best don't even see a big contract at any point in their career's. There are rumors McCaffrey won't play next year without an extension and it would be hard to blame him.

Tbh this is the first I'm hearing of Evans being a legitimate NFL prospect. Honestly I kind of figured he was simply a product of our system like Cox/Moore. Great college player but probably won't make it at the next level. But I'd love to be wrong. If Darrynton gets solid intel that he has a strong chance of getting picked he should absolutely go. There's really no way he can improve his stock from where it is right now anyways. Seems like fewer and fewer running backs get picked every year, so it would be awesome for Darrynton to get a legitimate chance. He is a freakish athlete which should help his case. Not worried about the running back position for us, we have plenty of guys that I know would be ready to come in and fill in the shoes.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:48 am

diehardapp18 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:36 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

I don't think that whole bit is "BS." Running backs have extremely short careers, it's a brutal position to play now. A lot of the best don't even see a big contract at any point in their career's. There are rumors McCaffrey won't play next year without an extension and it would be hard to blame him.

Tbh this is the first I'm hearing of Evans being a legitimate NFL prospect. Honestly I kind of figured he was simply a product of our system like Cox/Moore. Great college player but probably won't make it at the next level. But I'd love to be wrong. If Darrynton gets solid intel that he has a strong chance of getting picked he should absolutely go. There's really no way he can improve his stock from where it is right now anyways. Seems like fewer and fewer running backs get picked every year, so it would be awesome for Darrynton to get a legitimate chance. He is a freakish athlete which should help his case. Not worried about the running back position for us, we have plenty of guys that I know would be ready to come in and fill in the shoes.
Here is why I say what agents say is BS. Look at the numbers. Last year 23 were drafted and 6 juniors did not get picked. Because of the high volume of early entries a player like Evans who should go in the 3rd or 4th round may not go until round 6. Why not return to clean up some things and be part of a special team. You have to know Duck wishes he had stayed now. I don't want Evans to be wishing for that this time next year.

Agents can find a guy next year if Evans does not pan out but Evans won't get another shot. Have to be sure you are ready to make the 53 and play. NFL coaches don't want to spend a ton of time developing players so it is best to be your best when you get there.

As for Evans, he is a fast guy who can make you miss, can play WR or RB, and is very good on special teams. He will absolutely get drafted as long as he does what he should and is not hurt prior to the draft. The buzz from scouting community is that he would go in the 4th-6th round range. I remember saying Duck won't get drafted because he was small and slow but Evans has speed. There is no question Evans will get drafted.

As for us and RB that is the one position that we could lose a guy but we have seen injuries every year so I feel like we need as much depth as possible.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:19 am

diehardapp18 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:36 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

There are absolutely 0 rumors out there about McCaffery holding out. Don’t make something up just to fit your narrative.

Is he gonna get paid this offseason and reset the market? Common sense says probably so. But there is nothing out there saying he plans to sit out if that doesn’t happen.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”