Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

"We Ready" Kickoff song

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

Re: "We Ready" Kickoff song

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:16 am

We Ready SUCKS!!!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:18 am

Copying Sandstorm from USCar was a nice troll job. Maybe that can be App’s new tradition since we struggle to maintain our own. Take previous victim’s kickoff hype music and try to do it better.

As for “we ready” or any other piped in music during opposing team’s kickoffs is probably done to drown out the students screaming “YSA” but that’s just a guess on my part. I have heard a few times but YSA doesn’t seem to be as prevalent this year.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:28 am

Not if...but when we win the conference championship, this is what needs to be played when we hoist the trophy...

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:32 am

The only time "We ready" is appropriate is before the first kick off. But even then there are so many superior options to it, why even consider it? Rarely do we see anything with full support on here, but this may be one! Get rid of it.

PhillyApp

Unread post by PhillyApp » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:54 am

Overcashed wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:59 pm
I've DJed at UNC football games before in 2015, and I actually had to turn down doing the App game this year. There was no way that I'm going to be stuck in the Heel's student section and unable to cheer for my Mountaineers. I am good friends with the DJ at SCar too (he's also the Hornets DJ), so I've got some experience / people to talk to if I need advice on that stuff.

I'd be more than happy to drive up from Charlotte 6-7 times a year to play the games, just need to figure out the right person to talk to.
I’m all for giving the gig to this guy/gal^^ at least they’re active on here and will listen to our feedback!
Clark for Prez 2024 💪🏼

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:00 am

Appster99 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:32 am
The only time "We ready" is appropriate is before the first kick off. But even then there are so many superior options to it, why even consider it? Rarely do we see anything with full support on here, but this may be one! Get rid of it.
I happen to love We Ready. It means that we so ready that we got not time for linking verbs.

* Actually, I couldn’t care less. Anytime the opponent kicks off more than the one time they’re required to, I’m still mumbling bad words to myself and paying no attention to what’s being played over the speakers.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:19 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:00 am
Appster99 wrote:
I happen to love We Ready. It means that we so ready that we got not time for linking verbs.

* Actually, I couldn’t care less. Anytime the opponent kicks off more than the one time they’re required to, I’m still mumbling bad words to myself and paying no attention to what’s being played over the speakers.
I don’t mind we ready- it just defies logic to play it after an opponent scores. They are the ones getting pumped up, not us.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:33 am

Overcashed wrote:
I've DJed at UNC football games before in 2015, and I actually had to turn down doing the App game this year. There was no way that I'm going to be stuck in the Heel's student section and unable to cheer for my Mountaineers. I am good friends with the DJ at SCar too (he's also the Hornets DJ), so I've got some experience / people to talk to if I need advice on that stuff.

I'd be more than happy to drive up from Charlotte 6-7 times a year to play the games, just need to figure out the right person to talk to.
I am a "music head" and there is so much better options out there to get a football team and crowd hype. I thought GaSt did a good job with theirs, albeit it was too loud.
The Appalachian State

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:41 am

Our atmosphere was so much better prior to us forcing music into every possible second of the game. Fans used to get loud all game to create the noise, but now they're drowned out by 5 seconds of a random song between every play. Save music for dead ball situations and time outs, and coordinate with the band better. It's really not that hard to figure out.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Kafarmer

Unread post by Kafarmer » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:51 am

We Ready more than once a game is overkill! Expand the options for piped in music. Have a method to the madness. Being an old band guy, definitely more from the band. Same band music for years now. Learn some new short cheers!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:53 am

JTApps1 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:41 am
Our atmosphere was so much better prior to us forcing music into every possible second of the game. Fans used to get loud all game to create the noise, but now they're drowned out by 5 seconds of a random song between every play. Save music for dead ball situations and time outs, and coordinate with the band better. It's really not that hard to figure out.
Can I get an Amen?!

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:28 am

JTApps1 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:41 am
Agree. But evidently it is.

AAPP1

Unread post by AAPP1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:28 pm

EVERY YEAR. EVERY YEAR this conversation about the music and how some people love it and some people hate it comes up. Lets just agree to disagree and stop posting about the music. K Thanks.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:27 pm

PhillyApp wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:54 am
Overcashed wrote:

I’m all for giving the gig to this guy/gal^^ at least they’re active on here and will listen to our feedback!
+1

General Moore

Unread post by General Moore » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Pretty simple... AC/DC at the beginning of the game. AC/DC at second half kick off. Everything else should be done by BOA.
Bam!

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Va Tech is another school that knows how to help their fans be an asset and create a home field advantage. Athletics could learn from them. In many ways I think our fans, students, and band do a great job. Cheerleaders maybe not as much. But figuring out how to have the Marching Band be heard is a top priority and could cure many of the other issues about bad and irrelevant canned music and keep our fans engaged all game. Not sure that I have seen it noted anywhere but UL had no canned music when we played there. All marching band all night. I can live with canned music if I have to but the music/video board experience has to get better than what we have now. Posting the words to Sweet Caroline? Man that was embarrassing to me.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:48 am

Re-watching the game tonight...at the beginning of the 4th quarter the DJ played Blackfoot "Train Train". Wouldn't that be better suited for a touchdown Zac Thomas "The Tank Engine" is involved in, whether running or passing? I mean, we've had Tweetsie Taylor, we play the Tweetsie train whistle when we score, and we have ZT with his train themed nickname...seems relevant. I could see it developing into all touchdowns after he graduates as a way to honor his contributions.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:12 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:19 am
AppinVA wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:00 am
Appster99 wrote:

I don’t mind we ready- it just defies logic to play it after an opponent scores. They are the ones getting pumped up, not us.
In all fairness, what “motivational” song wouldn’t get the team that just scored pumped up?
Should we just play Sweet Caroline on kickoffs?
BTW, I hate that has become a thing at our games

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:49 am

AAPP1 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:28 pm
EVERY YEAR. EVERY YEAR this conversation about the music and how some people love it and some people hate it comes up. Lets just agree to disagree and stop posting about the music. K Thanks.
I haven’t seen anyone, in three years of this same discussion happening, say they “love” the piped in music. The question is, why is this still a topic of consternation every. Single. Year?

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:38 am

AAPP1 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:28 pm
Who has ever said they love it? I've never read that, or heard it from anyone in person. Everyone I've spoken too can't stand it. We're not even consistent with the freaking piped in music either, which adds insult to injury

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”