Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

"We Ready" Kickoff song

AppStateMtneer
School: Appalachian State

"We Ready" Kickoff song

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm

I apologize if I offend any person but my god.... we have to have one of the dumbest people/person running the music during the game.... yea let's play "we ready" during the kickoff after the opposing team scores a TD... our sideline is FLAT...DEAD....STILL... their sideline is JUMPING....YELLING....READY..... stop playing that! All that is doing is keeping momentum more on their side...

South Carolina had a DJ for their game and that guy knew what he was doing... we need a DJ. I'm all for using the band and would prefer that it was the band performing all music...but realize the piped in music probably isn't going away...

That has to be fixed!

asu7

Re: "We Ready" Kickoff song

Unread post by asu7 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:55 pm

I have begged for this to end and even posted about it. Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears. I will say Tx State and Gaso were getting pumped listening to it.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:59 pm

I've DJed at UNC football games before in 2015, and I actually had to turn down doing the App game this year. There was no way that I'm going to be stuck in the Heel's student section and unable to cheer for my Mountaineers. I am good friends with the DJ at SCar too (he's also the Hornets DJ), so I've got some experience / people to talk to if I need advice on that stuff.

I'd be more than happy to drive up from Charlotte 6-7 times a year to play the games, just need to figure out the right person to talk to.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Overcashed wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:59 pm
I've DJed at UNC football games before in 2015, and I actually had to turn down doing the App game this year. There was no way that I'm going to be stuck in the Heel's student section and unable to cheer for my Mountaineers. I am good friends with the DJ at SCar too (he's also the Hornets DJ), so I've got some experience / people to talk to if I need advice on that stuff.

I'd be more than happy to drive up from Charlotte 6-7 times a year to play the games, just need to figure out the right person to talk to.
Doug Gillin:
https://appstatesports.com/staff-direct ... g-gillin/1

Good Luck and Thanks.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:16 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm
I apologize if I offend any person but my god.... we have to have one of the dumbest people/person running the music during the game.... yea let's play "we ready" during the kickoff after the opposing team scores a TD... our sideline is FLAT...DEAD....STILL... their sideline is JUMPING....YELLING....READY..... stop playing that! All that is doing is keeping momentum more on their side...

South Carolina had a DJ for their game and that guy knew what he was doing... we need a DJ. I'm all for using the band and would prefer that it was the band performing all music...but realize the piped in music probably isn't going away...

That has to be fixed!
Times 10!
I don't think the person doing the music gives any thought to game situation. But as Im not in that booth I don't know what they have to work with. But when we ain't ready dont play we ready!

mountaineeryosef

Unread post by mountaineeryosef » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm

It really is a very poor choice. Especially when it's obviously out of sync with what's happening on the field.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Speaking of music. I'm curious...when they play Mo Bamba, given our 90% Caucasian student body...are they using the n word as it is in the song?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:03 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm

That has to be fixed!

I agree. I’ve hated it all season. It’s stupid and whoever is playing it does not understand the game.

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:03 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm
Speaking of music. I'm curious...when they play Mo Bamba, given our 90% Caucasian student body...are they using the n word as it is in the song?
Well...I'm not sure if its edited...but black people dont like that song so...like many pop songs geared towards white majority radio stations...the n word is there. I think music is a bit calmer these days but in the 90s-2010 you had a hard time finding any billboard top 10 hits that didnt have that word in it. Its normalized now. But typically only ultra liberal white older folks really dissect things like that. Whatever hypes up the team and students is what they play

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Speaking of terrible music idea, I would like to address the below song.

I hate this with all my heart. It never fires anyone up and it just a weird, stupid song to play during a football game. I want to meet whoever thinks this is a good idea and scream at them.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:25 pm

I’ve downloaded “Buglers Dream” and will be playing it in the stands next game every App kickoff.Join me if you will....

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:25 pm
I’ve downloaded “Buglers Dream” and will be playing it in the stands next game every App kickoff.Join me if you will....
No disrespect to your playlist, but if rather hear it from the band.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:49 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:33 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:25 pm
No disrespect to your playlist, but if rather hear it from the band.
That’s a given but I have no control over the BOD.

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:30 pm

I hope this doesn't offend anyone but our in-game PA, Jumbotron, Music , Game Production is the worst I have ever seen or heard. One person should coordinate so its timely and on point. More time is spent on being "cute" and less time on keeping the atmosphere upbeat. Also to many presentations to boot. I appreciate the accomplishments of our students and support from our sponsors and those folks should be recognised, but do it pre-game and half-time. (Band takes about 10-11 minutes of half) With the lengthy TV timeouts we should focus the last minute of a commercial break on getting the crowd back into the game as it TV goes live. Our band should be playing when we go live back from a timeout. Sometimes less is more...Sorry just my opinion.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:53 pm

Georgia State had it right. SC had it right.
UNC did not and we sure don't "Have it right"

Market research about what three distinct groups want to hear needs to be performed.

As I see it, we have three important parts of a game; players, students and paying fans. All three need to be happy.

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 pm

I've always thought the DJing at our games was horrendous. My Catholic middle school had a better music selection at our dances. What can we do to actually change this and #MakeAnImpact?
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:49 pm

The ESPN feed was bad enough today but the stupid DJ stuff is horrible and embarrassing. The music snippets make no sense and are ill timed. I think I actually heard the band in the 4th quarter today. Amazingly they sounded great- sarcasm. Please can it stop? We are a top 25 team and we sound really bad.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:08 am

ASU843 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:30 pm
I hope this doesn't offend anyone but our in-game PA, Jumbotron, Music , Game Production is the worst I have ever seen or heard. One person should coordinate so its timely and on point. More time is spent on being "cute" and less time on keeping the atmosphere upbeat. Also to many presentations to boot. I appreciate the accomplishments of our students and support from our sponsors and those folks should be recognised, but do it pre-game and half-time. (Band takes about 10-11 minutes of half) With the lengthy TV timeouts we should focus the last minute of a commercial break on getting the crowd back into the game as it TV goes live. Our band should be playing when we go live back from a timeout. Sometimes less is more...Sorry just my opinion.
I believe we were on our third PA announcer of the season today. That can't help.

While we continue to copycat "Sweet Caroline" from the Panthers, Red Sox, UNC CHeat and everyone else, today's App Gameday video during Sweet Caroline was much better than the Georgia Southern game version. However, we jump cut in the middle of the song directly into our standard "Beginning of the 4th Q" video.

Copy Ga. State and move the Dance Team to the middle of the 3rd Q/4th Q break and let them perform at midfield.

QueencityApp

Unread post by QueencityApp » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:39 am

I heard Shania Twain’s “That don’t impress me much” TWICE during the game. I thought it was weird and an odd choice for music during a football game. I did hear Bugler’s dream at least once. Still a lot of room for coordination and improvement is needed in this part of game day operations.

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:54 am

Canned music only works at all when you are playing well and winning. When you are struggling it’s like hearing a bad comedian. Ask our b-ball team. This has been my argument all along. Loud pop music is very specific as to who and how the response is. I don’t mind it on occasion but NEVER in between downs and never replacing the band. We watch games live and don’t need MTV.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”