Don’t be “that” team

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Don’t be “that” team

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:41 pm

As we approach a championship game and bowl game, I want to remind myself and anyone else who reads this, let’s stay humble and appreciate whatever team we play in whatever bowl.
I know we are hoping for a Cotton Bowl berth and can debate the merits of a 1 loss App vs a 2 loss AAC team, but in the event we don’t make it, let’s just appreciate the season we have had and getting a bowl.
I remember how smug Toledo was a few years ago when they thought they deserved a “better” opponent and better bowl than the one they got; and I remember how sweet it was when we, the “inferior” opponent proceeded to completely shut them down.
I don’t want to see that embarrassment happen to App or that level of arrogance from App.
We want the best and should always strive to do it better than it’s been done before, but we always need to stay humble and remember bowls , and bowl wins are not guaranteed. Nothing would be worse than getting embarrassed by a CUSA team in our bowl after being offended by who we are playing.

Saint3333

Re: Don’t be “that” team

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Be the first SBC program to ever finish the season ranked. Three more wins.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:10 pm
Be the first SBC program to ever finish the season ranked. Three more wins.
Exactly. I don't care who we play in a bowl game I will respect them but want to beat them badly. Three more wins! 13-1 and ranked would be the type of season I was hoping for and would put us in line to be a major favorite for the 2020 NY6.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:29 pm

"Deserve" is an odd thing to mention when talking about games where we don't pick our opponents. Whether we think they're good or bad, they're in a bowl game and have the potential to lay a beatdown on us.

In short, lets just go kick their asses.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:54 pm

The Rock wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:41 pm
As we approach a championship game and bowl game, I want to remind myself and anyone else who reads this, let’s stay humble and appreciate whatever team we play in whatever bowl.
I know we are hoping for a Cotton Bowl berth and can debate the merits of a 1 loss App vs a 2 loss AAC team, but in the event we don’t make it, let’s just appreciate the season we have had and getting a bowl.
I remember how smug Toledo was a few years ago when they thought they deserved a “better” opponent and better bowl than the one they got; and I remember how sweet it was when we, the “inferior” opponent proceeded to completely shut them down.
I don’t want to see that embarrassment happen to App or that level of arrogance from App.
We want the best and should always strive to do it better than it’s been done before, but we always need to stay humble and remember bowls , and bowl wins are not guaranteed. Nothing would be worse than getting embarrassed by a CUSA team in our bowl after being offended by who we are playing.
Well stated. My favorite quote regarding attitudes, celebrations both on O or D: "Shut up and act like you've done that before." Same here for me regarding the bowl. Regardless of which one or the opponent respect the place, the opportunity, and the opponent. I like to remember that there are about a hundred other teams that would like to trade places with us.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:56 pm

I’m playing with house money. Anywhere anytime is good with me

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:57 pm

I’m playing with house money. Anywhere anytime is good with me

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:06 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:54 pm
The Rock wrote:
Well stated. My favorite quote regarding attitudes, celebrations both on O or D: "Shut up and act like you've done that before." Same here for me regarding the bowl. Regardless of which one or the opponent respect the place, the opportunity, and the opponent. I like to remember that there are about a hundred other teams that would like to trade places with us.
Even the 3rd best team in the MAC could beat us if we don't play well and they execute. You have to prepare for any opponent. A lot of teams would love to be us right now. I don't care who we play. .Bring them on.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:17 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:06 pm
scatman77 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Even the 3rd best team in the MAC could beat us if we don't play well and they execute. You have to prepare for any opponent. A lot of teams would love to be us right now. I don't care who we play. .Bring them on.
Same could be said about a Sun Belt team.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:46 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:17 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:06 pm
scatman77 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Same could be said about a Sun Belt team.
Agreed. I am not scared of any G5 team but I respect them all. It truly can happen on any given Saturday.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”