Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Let’s Try to Be.....

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Let’s Try to Be.....

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:13 am

App fans should let UNCC fans enjoy their bowl bid. It's a nice milestone of progress for them.

UNCC fans should enjoy where they are and realize that they're in no place to trash talk Appalachian about anything football-related.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:25 am

meh, good for them. I was excited for App’s first bowl game, don’t know why we’d expect their fans not be.

We look like ECU fans belittling us when we belittle UNCC. And I feel dirty just typing that.
YNWA

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:26 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:13 am
App fans should let UNCC fans enjoy their bowl bid. It's a nice milestone of progress for them.

UNCC fans should enjoy where they are and realize that they're in no place to trash talk Appalachian about anything football-related.
...or even basketball now!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:20 am
hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:07 am
There's something wrong with someone who always wants to belittle someone else's success. It is a two-way street, but as the older, more mature fan base, we should be above that. I would think we wouldn't be that insecure that we resort to that behavior.
I, for one, am very immature and will take great pride in continuing to belittle their alleged success.
I'll ride that ship.

Except I don't think it's worthwhile with Charlotte. They are what they are for the time being. They have the benefit of being in one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country and with that comes big money. Will that benefit them? Who knows. As things currently stand, they don't have a culture to speak of and their mild success, as has been pointed out, correlated with the decline of the conference that they are in. So did they get better or did other teams get worse?

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:45 am

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:25 am
meh, good for them. I was excited for App’s first bowl game, don’t know why we’d expect their fans not be.

We look like ECU fans belittling us when we belittle UNCC. And I feel dirty just typing that.
And UNC fans belittle ECU which belittles App which belittles Charlotte. It's the circle of life.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:02 am

Good for UNCC, they have a 6 win season and are bowl eligible. But that doesn’t mean they will get a bowl invite. All it means is they just got the minimum amount of wins necessary to be eligible for a bowl game. I hope we never celebrate a 6 win season.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 am

Lambert would have 5, maybe even 6 wins with their schedule this season. The only real change was the post game all-male dance party with the chubby Tom Cruise doppelgänger.

I also wanted to point out that market size, research designation, student population, and every other disparity between App and UNCC to which they often point to justify their supposed "potential" relative to ours has existed for 25 years. Yet, here we are, at the top of the football world, beating them handily in their marquee sport (hoops), while they could only manage to beat one winning FBS team over the course of an entire season.

What has been shall always be.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am

I remember my first beer...

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:32 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:02 am
Good for UNCC, they have a 6 win season and are bowl eligible. But that doesn’t mean they will get a bowl invite. All it means is they just got the minimum amount of wins necessary to be eligible for a bowl game. I hope we never celebrate a 6 win season.
C-USA has 6 guaranteed bowl slots (plus 2 secondary tie-ins) and 8 bowl-eligible teams. As of now, Charlotte and FIU are out of the running for a bowl if they stay at 6 wins each.

Looks like they won't be going bowling this year.
Last edited by VNova on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:54 am

ah59396 wrote:

As I stated earlier their bowl-eligibility and possible invitation makes our SOS look better. As for others' who have belittled their accomplishments (and I'm not a fan of the UNCC attitudes either) I'm reminded of a quote I heard years ago but I can't remember the author:

"May the words I speak today be tender and choice, for tomorrow I may have to eat them."
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:22 pm

I really see no reason at all to go out of my way to belittle Charlotte. In my opinion, the "deluded attitude" that is referenced regularly on here is an internet phenomenon that results from a small number of loud fans being obnoxious on message boards. I live in the Charlotte area and work in Charlotte and have never had a Charlotte fan "belittle" App. The ones I know (and I know several) seem pretty rational. I do admit that their message board is completely packed with App hate, but that's what I mean by my first statement.

Charlotte will wind up with 7 wins and it would be unlikely (although possible) for them to be passed over for a bowl bid. Congrats to them on progress.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:55 pm

VNova wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:32 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:02 am
C-USA has 6 guaranteed bowl slots (plus 2 secondary tie-ins) and 8 bowl-eligible teams. As of now, Charlotte and FIU are out of the running for a bowl if they stay at 6 wins each.

Looks like they won't be going bowling this year.
They'll go bowling, it just might not be to a CUSA primary tie-in. Overall there will likely be more bowl spots than bowl-eligible teams.

Anyway with ODU remaining, they'll finish 7-5 unless they totally crap the bed.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:03 am

As a Charlottean, what bothers me is all of the manufactured hype the local media give them. Local media wants them to be good and gives them segments for beating Davidson in BBall and weekly segments to Healy (who I admittedly like as a person) even though they aren't very good. I got into it with Chris McLain from FNZ, who I talk to often, about all of this. App State is in the Charlotte media market and should be getting more run for what we are doing. They heaped praise on UNCC BBall for beating Davidson, but then barely mentioned when App beat UNCC. They are gushing over UNCC being Bowl eligible, but can barely talk about us being Ranked Top 25 most of the year. All of this feeds those "few fans" and it's nauseating.
The Appalachian State

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:15 am

scatman77 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:54 am
ah59396 wrote:

As I stated earlier their bowl-eligibility and possible invitation makes our SOS look better. As for others' who have belittled their accomplishments (and I'm not a fan of the UNCC attitudes either) I'm reminded of a quote I heard years ago but I can't remember the author:

"May the words I speak today be tender and choice, for tomorrow I may have to eat them."
Another quote to the contrary, "Live like there is no tomorrow"

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:18 am

appstatealum wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:03 am
As a Charlottean, what bothers me is all of the manufactured hype the local media give them. Local media wants them to be good and gives them segments for beating Davidson in BBall and weekly segments to Healy (who I admittedly like as a person) even though they aren't very good. I got into it with Chris McLain from FNZ, who I talk to often, about all of this. App State is in the Charlotte media market and should be getting more run for what we are doing. They heaped praise on UNCC BBall for beating Davidson, but then barely mentioned when App beat UNCC. They are gushing over UNCC being Bowl eligible, but can barely talk about us being Ranked Top 25 most of the year. All of this feeds those "few fans" and it's nauseating.
I officially stopped listening to that clown show when Mac expressed shock when the spread for the UNC game was only 3 points and said that it was easy money to take UNC in that game.

All they ever talk about on there is Panthers football and UNC basketball.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:24 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:18 am
appstatealum wrote:
I officially stopped listening to that clown show when Mac expressed shock when the spread for the UNC game was only 3 points and said that it was easy money to take UNC in that game.
Yeah, and Drink wore him out after that. Travis was one of the few on the station that was favoring us. That's my point though, they want to acknowledge us when it is convenient, but don't really put in the effort to understand how good we actually are. Kind of our story for the whole country though, so I guess it's just our curse. If I was a writer or radio host, I figure it'd be enjoyable to talk about a successful football program right in my backyard. I guess because our alumni have professional careers and can't call in, they think that we are not worth talking about. Just look at all of the license plates and stickers on cars throughout the metro. We are out there.
The Appalachian State

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:36 am

appstatealum wrote:

We, it seems to me, to be more in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro market.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Mac was so far up Charlotte’s butt the other day I was nauseous. bomb him with Texts. I do. And today WFNZ has UVA v VaTech on the radio. Don’t tell me we aren’t in the CLT media market.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:44 pm
Mac was so far up Charlotte’s butt the other day I was nauseous. bomb him with Texts. I do. And today WFNZ has UVA v VaTech on the radio. Don’t tell me we aren’t in the CLT media market.

We sure don't get much coverage compared to UNC, UNC-C, Davidson, Panthers, Hornets (or BobCats, whatever they call themselves), and Davidson. I live in the Charlotte area, but don't know about you.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Charlotte news programming in Boone.... Charlotte radio stations in Boone.... Boone is in Charlotte Media market. And yes, Boone crosses over into WINSTON Salem as well, that's why we need to capitalize
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”