Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

"Neutral Field" Refresher

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

"Neutral Field" Refresher

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:13 pm

It might be a good time to remind folks, especially those who couldn't make it last year, about the CCG differences from our regular home games. For example, I doubt we have "Welcome to the Rock" intro, we must have certain signage covered up, etc... I also remember last year both teams opted to wear their dark unis. What are some of the other differences designed to provide more of a neutral feel?

AppSt94

Re: "Neutral Field" Refresher

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:13 pm
It might be a good time to remind folks, especially those who couldn't make it last year, about the CCG differences from our regular home games. For example, I doubt we have "Welcome to the Rock" intro, we must have certain signage covered up, etc... I also remember last year both teams opted to wear their dark unis. What are some of the other differences designed to provide more of a neutral feel?
There was ice for the cups last year.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:18 pm

We can have the intro video, we just have to give the Cajuns an entrance video also. We have to play the 3rd down bells for both teams, can't do the Another Mountaineer 1st down or use the scoreboard to lead the App State chant, etc.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:24 pm

And we have to play piped in music for both...or none. I vote none
Come on Band take over this game.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm

For me this whole thing is BS. If you win home filed you should have home field advantage in every way. If the Cajuns want home field advantage they should have to beat us in the regular season. But it’s gonna be ok.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:24 pm
And we have to play piped in music for both...or none. I vote none
Come on Band take over this game.
Amen, Rekdiver.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm
For me this whole thing is BS. If you win home filed you should have home field advantage in every way. If the Cajuns want home field advantage they should have to beat us in the regular season. But it’s gonna be ok.
Yeah, it reminds me of some FCS crap. But maybe I won't have to hear that overused, worn out "we will rock you" mess. If I were still teaching, I'd use that as an example of a musical cliche'. And the fact that it has the word "rock" in it?
Too cute by half...
And no, my opinion of Queen has nothing to do with it.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
I said this last year, and surprisingly there are quite a few on here that disagree with our thoughts.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:35 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
I said this last year, and surprisingly there are quite a few on here that disagree with our thoughts.
It is indeed stupid. It is like seeding in the CFP. Why seed if you don't give some advantage to being the #1 seed? If we earned the right to host the game then we should have all homefield advantages given to us. If they are going to try and make it neutral then there should be a destination picked to host the title game that is not home to any school and hold the game there. We beat them and earned the right to have the game in Boone so we should be able to use all advantages. If not, then why have it in Boone? Why did we have the best record and win the tiebreaker to host if we don't get any advantage besides sleeping in our own beds?

Seriously, those who disagree give me reasons why we should fight and want homefield so bad if we can't use it.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:39 pm

The Sun Belt conference owns the game so they make the rules and we're not going to convince them otherwise. The conference, of course, structures things so that there's not a favorite even though one team has a home-field advantage. There is still an obvious huge advantage to being the host site. It's possible at some point we will play the championship game somewhere in the West so we'd benefit from the neutral site rules then...although I expect the game to be played in Boone most years. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”