Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Articles Post Troy

ah59396
School: Appalachian State

Re: Articles Post Troy

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:21 am

ESPN showed highlights of our game roughly around halftime and after the game during their college football roundup.

The halftime report was how we spotted them 3 and then scored 20 straight and were rolling.

The final highlights talked about how we “destroyed” Troy, “took care of business” and were still in the NY6 hunt.

I doubt every committee member watched our game (or literally any of them), so hopefully that’s all they saw. App “destroying” someone. Great win!
YNWA

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 am

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:21 am
ESPN showed highlights of our game roughly around halftime and after the game during their college football roundup.

The halftime report was how we spotted them 3 and then scored 20 straight and were rolling.

The final highlights talked about how we “destroyed” Troy, “took care of business” and were still in the NY6 hunt.

I doubt every committee member watched our game (or literally any of them), so hopefully that’s all they saw. App “destroying” someone. Great win!
Think App’s game is the only one College Game Day did not show on their “Friday Highlights” segment. It’s pretty sad that they can’t even show a top 25 program’s highlights even if NY6 is a long shot.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 am

moonshine wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 am
ah59396 wrote:

Think App’s game is the only one College Game Day did not show on their “Friday Highlights” segment. It’s pretty sad that they can’t even show a top 25 program’s highlights even if NY6 is a long shot.
It was also the only blowout game...

shortfatoldapp

Unread post by shortfatoldapp » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:53 am

Time for us to face the fact that ESPN (controllers of the sport’s world) hates us. We are going to have to force them to mention us by continuing to win.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:57 am

shortfatoldapp wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:53 am
Time for us to face the fact that ESPN (controllers of the sport’s world) hates us. We are going to have to force them to mention us by continuing to win.
I doubt they hate us. I think what’s more likely is that we aren’t as relevant as we’d like to believe. Nationally, people know App State for Michigan and that’s about it. We’ve made great strides this year but still got a lot more winning to do.
YNWA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:57 am

ah59396 wrote:

The stars have to align perfectly. I'm not holding my breathe for NY6 right now but if we get a couple key losses today and then 3 ideal outcomes next week it is possible. I watched Memphis and they are pretty good. I still think the committee puts Cincy ahead of us if they beat Memphis next weekend unless they win by like a FG and we were to somehow destroy ULL.

S.Lewis15

Unread post by S.Lewis15 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:10 pm

We could've gone undefeated and the committee would've still chosen a 1 loss AAC or MWC team ahead of us this year.

We arrived on people's radar this year. Next year, its time to stay there.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:38 pm

S.Lewis15 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:10 pm
We could've gone undefeated and the committee would've still chosen a 1 loss AAC or MWC team ahead of us this year.

We arrived on people's radar this year. Next year, its time to stay there.
I agree. It takes some time to create a "brand", even if we are worthy now. This ranking system stuff remains a popularity contest. Maybe one day, there will be a 16 team playoff where quality is proven on the field. Until then, we have a popularity contest. It is what it is.

I watched some AAC games this year, & App. could beat any of them. They get more recognition because they have been doing it longer. No surprise there. Although that UCF & USF game was an embarrassment. Let's keep the fighting in the hockey games. Those coaches did very little to keep things under control.

Memphis is the team I would like to see App play sometime. I think that would be a GREAT football game this year.

The Bowl wizards out there need to reshuffle matchups to make an AAC champ & a SB champ game more likely. IMO.

Kafarmer

Unread post by Kafarmer » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:44 pm

Actually think ESPN does a fair job with us. It’s just that 3 other G5 teams are in the running. Someone has to be 4th and it’s us. Promotion is part of it. Boise has been a top name for years, so unless they slip up, they’re hard to pass. Cindy and Memphis have the AAC promoting the he’ll out of them. We finally got a good promotion out last week when we showed we’re the on G5 team with two wins over P5 and 3 over top 50 teams.

Snaggy

Unread post by Snaggy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:56 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:57 am
shortfatoldapp wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:53 am
I doubt they hate us. I think what’s more likely is that we aren’t as relevant as we’d like to believe. Nationally, people know App State for Michigan and that’s about it. We’ve made great strides this year but still got a lot more winning to do.
This is the unfortunate truth. While our name has been mentioned more times this season thanks to our ranking, we just simply do not get the kind of respect that we deserve (or think we deserve). That said, this year is a great step in that direction. Our first P5 win(s) since 2007. We need to beat P5s more consistently to prove to the national media that we belong. I’m not at all saying we don’t belong, because I’ve always known that we have. But one of the issues is that we have historically scheduled a Goliath P5, and the odds are heavily stacked against us in those situations. We’ve taken some big names down to the wire, but it only gets mentioned in the media for that one weekend, and then we fade back to oblivion. Yes, I know that’s where our big pay days come from. But if we can continue to schedule non-Goliath P5s, we WILL beat them more consistently and will stay in the rankings and on the lips of the talking heads.

I mean we are not even in the top 20 (as of this post) and we have 2 P5 wins and only 1 loss. That says all that needs to be said in terms of our relevance in the minds of ESPN, etc.

I do believe though that we will beat Louisiana in the SBC championship and that we will win our bowl game. We will end the year ranked and will likely start next year ranked as well. That’s a huge deal for us. I am hopeful that we move to another conference at some point, but until then I will love to keep kicking ass and taking names in the Sun Belt!

It’s great to be a Mountaineer!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”