Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

C'mon Man!!!!!!!!!!!

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

C'mon Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:19 pm

I had an email from the Office of Alumni Affairs pushing a watch party Saturday in HICKORY....c'mon man....get up the mountain. You can be home by 4:00 oclock.

Just sad.

I hope you all will have your watch party moved to KIDD BREWER.

appdaze

Re: C'mon Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:35 pm

I got the same email. Watch parties are just hard to get motivated to go to anyway. I'd rather be in Boone or on my couch.

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm

It’s really amazing (or just nauseating) how the vast majority of alumni just don’t get it... or worse (and probably more accurate), just could give a f’k less... I know people have there own situations, but don’t ask me “How’s our boys gonna do”, then spend your day at the bar waiting on ACC Champ game....

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:55 am

booneboy92 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm
It’s really amazing (or just nauseating) how the vast majority of alumni just don’t get it... or worse (and probably more accurate), just could give a f’k less... I know people have there own situations, but don’t ask me “How’s our boys gonna do”, then spend your day at the bar waiting on ACC Champ game....
Yep pretty much. I’m one of 5 App alumni in my office and I might be the only one going to the game Saturday.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:58 am

booneboy92 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm
Not exactly "Making an Impact."

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:00 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:19 pm
I had an email from the Office of Alumni Affairs pushing a watch party Saturday in HICKORY....c'mon man....get up the mountain. You can be home by 4:00 oclock.

Just sad.

I hope you all will have your watch party moved to KIDD BREWER.
Same email here...and I appreciate the effort but I too cringe a little. We've had an INSANELY hard time trying to make the Catawba Valley chapter work, for various reasons, so when someone goes to the time and effort to try and make a viewing party happen it is appreciated. Still, I'd rather they be reserved for events like the Bowl game, which I understand is hard for many to attend given the logistics. Personally, I'm not a fan of "official" viewing parties to be held by chapters within say 2 or 3 hours of Boone when the game is at KBS. Any road game or Chapters further away, have at it. If we were selling out every game and had a season-ticket waiting list then maybe, otherwise...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”