Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

IP blocked on RaginPagin

ASU_Victory_Lap
School: Appalachian State

IP blocked on RaginPagin

Unread post by ASU_Victory_Lap » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:15 am

I was wanting to poke around and see what they were saying about the game this weekend, and was given a message saying "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here." I've never posted on their site in my life from any computer. Are they just blocking anyone not living in Louisiana?

AppScott89

Re: IP blocked on RaginPagin

Unread post by AppScott89 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am

Must just be you. I just got in.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 am

Your not missing much they have like 12 posters. They think they will win by 7 or more in Kidd Brewer, and they want 500 fans to show up. They seem to be pleasant, nothing like Southern, but they are very confident, and keep putting up stats showing that ASU's scoring and defense over the last 6 games have been even and on par with them. Even though ASU faced a tougher strength of schedule over the past 6 games. Either way will be an interesting game.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:38 am

App90 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 am
Your not missing much they have like 12 posters. They think they will win by 7 or more in Kidd Brewer, and they want 500 fans to show up. They seem to be pleasant, nothing like Southern, but they are very confident, and keep putting up stats showing that ASU's scoring and defense over the last 6 games have been even and on par with them. Even though ASU faced a tougher strength of schedule over the past 6 games. Either way will be an interesting game.
They provide a decent synopsis of App that could only come from perusing message boards. However, "They run a ton of designed runs with him as well as some RPO stuff that he pulls down and takes it himself." is patently false. I think quite a few people would like to see Zac use his legs more now that the season is coming to a close so maybe this person is being prophetic and doesn't even know it.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:18 am

I haven't ever posted there either and can't get access to the page. If this page is only 12 posters, is there another more active forum, or is there just not much interest on their side?

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:32 am

StorminASU wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:18 am
I haven't ever posted there either and can't get access to the page. If this page is only 12 posters, is there another more active forum, or is there just not much interest on their side?
Most of their topics appear to be started by a bot, or a really dedicated fan, that pulls Cajun headlines. There just doesn't seem to be lively activity over there at the moment.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:47 am

VNova wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:32 am
StorminASU wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:18 am
Most of their topics appear to be started by a bot, or a really dedicated fan, that pulls Cajun headlines. There just doesn't seem to be lively activity over there at the moment.

The Football section is mostly articles. Click on the RagePage for discussion.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:08 pm

App90 wrote:
That's not exactly what the Cajun poster was comparing. He was comparing the last 6 common opponents of App. & UL, not the past 6 games.
Quote from RaginDave:
"Outside of the game they played against each other, the Cajuns and the Mountaineers have 6 common opponents. The Cajuns have gone 6-0 in those games and App has gone 5-1, but upon further view it is even more interesting then that.

App State total points vs those teams is 242 points for vs 97 points against.
Louisiana total points vs those teams is 237 points for vs 94 points against."

I thought the Cajun poster was knowledgeable and accurate in his assessment.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:42 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:08 pm
App90 wrote:
That's not exactly what the Cajun poster was comparing. He was comparing the last 6 common opponents of App. & UL, not the past 6 games.
Quote from RaginDave:
"Outside of the game they played against each other, the Cajuns and the Mountaineers have 6 common opponents. The Cajuns have gone 6-0 in those games and App has gone 5-1, but upon further view it is even more interesting then that.

Its not really relevant now. UL beat a CCU team that had most of its starters injured, they struggled against ULM and USA, yes they beat a Southern team in Statesboro but the weather was great, and then beat a Troy team similar to how ASU beat them. ASU faced most of the same teams while they were healthy, and blew them out. With the exception of a healthy CCU team and Southern who ASU caught in a snow storm. If you dig deeper it gets exposed. The past is the past. Number crunching does not determine outcomes. Might get u a betting line.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:59 pm

App90 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:42 pm
AppAlum1 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:08 pm
App90 wrote:
Quote from RaginDave:

Its not really relevant now. UL beat a CCU team that had most of its starters injured, they struggled against ULM and USA, yes they beat a Southern team in Statesboro but the weather was great, and then beat a Troy team similar to how ASU beat them. ASU faced most of the same teams while they were healthy, and blew them out. With the exception of a healthy CCU team and Southern who ASU caught in a snow storm. If you dig deeper it gets exposed. The past is the past. Number crunching does not determine outcomes. Might get u a betting line.
Do huh? Accuracy is not relevant? OK.

You were criticizing the Cajun posters. I corrected you. And, now you lecture me on relevance & number crunching, without admitting your mistake. Comparing the outcome of 6 common opponents is relevant to the game on Saturday.

Personally, I prefer RaginDave's thoughtful analysis to your shooting from the hip.

MountaineerChemist10

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:50 am

I've never visited their discussion board website, but I have visited their alumni website. Not that many chapters around. A bit disappointing but why should I care, I didn't go there.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:56 am

I don't have a problem getting on their site.

Were you being a pest and trolling them earlier on in the season?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”