Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Drink interviews w/ Ark

John-N-Houston
School: Appalachian State

Re: Drink interviews w/ Ark

Unread post by John-N-Houston » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:11 pm

The Rock wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:49 pm
John-N-Houston wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:28 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:48 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm
beachneer40 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 pm
Saw this on Arkansas thread, and also heard from a reliable source that Drink had a face to face interview with Ark. AD. Just posting the info and screen shot. This is a plane track from Ark. to North Wilkesboro (Drink) to Boca (Kiffin) and Idaho (Leech). Just thought I would share.
I don't care if he goes or not. I like Drink but if they offer congrats and see you. I don't mind coaches coming and leaving after a few years but our next HC could see the same result next year and then bolt if we hire another like Drink. I say hire Shawn Clark immediately. He will stay for a while and I know Shawn can run the show.
Why not explore bringing Bryan Brown back, if that's the case.
Both good suggestions...
but if Drink were to leave and NOT take Roof with him, I’d bet good money that DG would buy him a brand new Head Coach’s visor.
Clark over Roof all day long. I know roof has P5 HC experience, but if we are staying in house, I want to stay IN HOUSE. Clark has left blood sweat and tears on that field just as our current players have and future players will. I don’t want to replace a coach every year. We got lucky this year with not losing too many recruits, and having an amazing year on the field, but I don’t think we can sustain complete coaching overhauls and new schemes and recruiting through multiple sequential off seasons.
Not saying Clark would or should stay forever, but at least earn your wins with your recruits and actually invest in the team a little. Don’t want to be a yearly stepping stone and I think Clark would stay for a little while.
I’m not advocating for or against Roof. Why I even bring up his name is that at 55 years old AND with HC experience (questionable record though) he is in a similar position to that of Jerry Moore when we hired him. Remember that Moore was a good coach until he discovered the spread and became a great coach. Had Moore been younger when he started winning everything in sight we would not have been able to hold on to him either. My hope is that the next coach (Drinkwitz?) will stay long enough for Taylor Lamb to get in a couple of strong years as a P5 OC.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:20 pm

John-N-Houston wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:11 pm
The Rock wrote:
John-N-Houston wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm

I don't care if he goes or not. I like Drink but if they offer congrats and see you. I don't mind coaches coming and leaving after a few years but our next HC could see the same result next year and then bolt if we hire another like Drink. I say hire Shawn Clark immediately. He will stay for a while and I know Shawn can run the show.
Both good suggestions...
but if Drink were to leave and NOT take Roof with him, I’d bet good money that DG would buy him a brand new Head Coach’s visor.
Clark over Roof all day long. I know roof has P5 HC experience, but if we are staying in house, I want to stay IN HOUSE. Clark has left blood sweat and tears on that field just as our current players have and future players will. I don’t want to replace a coach every year. We got lucky this year with not losing too many recruits, and having an amazing year on the field, but I don’t think we can sustain complete coaching overhauls and new schemes and recruiting through multiple sequential off seasons.
Not saying Clark would or should stay forever, but at least earn your wins with your recruits and actually invest in the team a little. Don’t want to be a yearly stepping stone and I think Clark would stay for a little while.
I’m not advocating for or against Roof. Why I even bring up his name is that at 55 years old AND with HC experience (questionable record though) he is in a similar position to that of Jerry Moore when we hired him. Remember that Moore was a good coach until he discovered the spread and became a great coach. Had Moore been younger when he started winning everything in sight we would not have been able to hold on to him either. My hope is that the next coach (Drinkwitz?) will stay long enough for Taylor Lamb to get in a couple of strong years as a P5 OC.
I like the thought of Clark and by all accounts the players really like Roof. I’ve also thought about Taylor Lamb in the future. Roof is interesting from the standpoint of wondering why he left State. Is he looking for a place to settle in?

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm

I like Clark if Drink goes. I think Clark deserves a shot. Ivey and BB aren’t coming back neither is Ledford. Hard no on Roof as our HC. He has gotten better but I don’t want him as a HC.

Someone we are overlooking is Link. Link is a great coach and I think we should try our hardest to keep him.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:59 pm

asu7 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm
I like Clark if Drink goes. I think Clark deserves a shot. Ivey and BB aren’t coming back neither is Ledford. Hard no on Roof as our HC. He has gotten better but I don’t want him as a HC.

Someone we are overlooking is Link. Link is a great coach and I think we should try our hardest to keep him.
Agree, but that is Drink's guy. Unless we are making him HC, which i don't know about that, he is following Drink and P5 $$. So is the rest of Drink's staff, except for maybe the ones who were retained and Lance ware, which is fine. Clark, DJ smith, Gasparato, and Ware would all be great coaches with the addition of a few new bloods.

John-N-Houston

Unread post by John-N-Houston » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:46 pm

postalapp90 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:05 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:53 pm
For some reason I didnt think this was allowed. I remember hearing satt did not (directly at least) speak to Loserville until after the game. I agree that this would not be cool.
I remember Satts buyout was smaller if he got permission from DG to talk to another school which he did. Anyone know if that is how Drinks contract is written.
You asked for it: https://appstatesports.com/services/dow ... 023_1_.pdf

bettysburner

Unread post by bettysburner » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:35 am

bettysburner wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm
Lane Kiffin to Arkansas is a done deal.
Hot takes exposed.

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:20 pm
John-N-Houston wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:11 pm
The Rock wrote:
John-N-Houston wrote:
ericsaid wrote:

Both good suggestions...
I like the thought of Clark and by all accounts the players really like Roof. I’ve also thought about Taylor Lamb in the future. Roof is interesting from the standpoint of wondering why he left State. Is he looking for a place to settle in?
"Roof is interesting" and should be considered as well. He is a good recruiter, well liked by players, and experienced. If it comes down to a tie-breaker decision, my vote would be to choose him if fairly convinced he would stay multiple years. An ongoing coaching carousel could hurt us.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Kiffin to Mississippi State?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:38 pm
Kiffin to Mississippi State?
That is what his wife said

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Sorry but the roof has reached the ceiling for me so yeah no to him being HC.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:20 pm

I really hope there would be a way to keep DJ Smith, Gasparato, Cheese, and Clark. I suppose hiring Clark would be the simplest way to keep a core here, including the defensive leadership intact.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”