Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Rumors

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: Rumors

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:19 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 pm
appdaze wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 pm
appdaze wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:38 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:14 pm
You guys who find it necessary to attack and insult another App guy on this board should offer to meet up with him personally at a game and fling your crap man to man. Hiding behind an internet persona is kind of chicken sheet if you ask me. If you don't like his opinion on subject matters just let it go. These endless back and forth jabs gets old.
I'm guessing you have forgotten or ignored the decade + of insults, ignorance, absurd, and downright disrespectful stuff he has said on various forums all while representing App? People have been calling him out for roughly 15-20 years now.

Going to the same university does not entitle someone to not be called out on their BS.

If you go back through this thread and click on that link about him pretending he wasn't NewApp you will see that all the way back in 2013 I was already trying to not hammer him so much but he apparently can't help himself with his comments. Normally I would agree with you, but this is the internet, and he 100% brings it on himself. Last I heard he never did meet Greg in the parking lot of Foodlion in Mountain City. Greg requested a meeting. That was years ago now.

While I didn't quote it, I agree with what Appstatealum just said. I also agree that he enjoys it and enjoys getting the pitty posts.
Umm, I was just following lead of posters like you.
Sorry man, you've been doing this long before I ever started posting on App forums and the good majority of the threads where these types of things have occurred were started and egged on by you. Stop pointing the finger at anyone and everyone but the origin of all these issues, yourself.
Umm. I can't take your posts seriously without having to try to see through the haze of hate. Yours and a couple others' posts are so transparent in this regard.
Hate? No. You're not a jawjaw suthin fan so I don't hate you.

Annoyance? Yes. You've never been wrong, you belittle everything, you throw personal attacks, and you think everything said is against you.

I doubt anybody hates you. It's a dang message board. I bet most, if not all, would offer to share a beverage and food at their tailgate. It's just how you come off on the message board. Doesn't mean that's how you are personally.

If you cant take a little jabbing on a message board, that's a personal issue. But again, it's not just a few people that feel this way. It's a large majority on this board. Heck, I've had in person conversations with strangers about the board and your name comes up.

Now knowing you're older (judging by the 51 year old son), I don't think it's intentional, but it is how you come off.

Don't take it so personal. Nobody hates you. Take it with a grain of salt, throw the jabs back in a less aggressive way, and all will be good.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:27 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm
New App - just some friendly advice. Don't respond when you're being called out, it'll help to avoid the pissing wars and save you a lot of headache and heartache. Eventually people will quit doing it when the argument doesn't continue. It's not easy, but it's like I always told my kids, if you don't feed the animals, they'll quit messing with you. Doesn't matter who the offended or offender is, that'll neutralize it. I know, easier said than done.
Good advice and I'll keep it in mind. It's just that I've always been taught to defend myself.
It won't be easy, but trust me, it'll be worth it.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:31 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:03 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:53 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:49 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:16 pm

ROFLMBO!! You couldn't be more wrong. Apparently you haven't been reading my responses.
I have not at all. I just saw someone else said so. That is why I said if. I only looked at this thread to see if there was any legit rumors. Everyone needs to grow up and let's talk football. If it is not football related take it to a non football section. I would think the Admins could move a thread if it goes away. Honestly, this thread should be nuked anyway. We don't need rumors on here.
That's why I started this thread and then it turned into let's see how many of us can bash NewApp.
Until there is actual evidence I don't think it helps with coaching rumors on here. I saw we had a player decommit. I'm not sure why but stuff like that should be talked about. I don't care about who is bashing who. Everyone just needs to stop and grow up. Nobody here is a victim and if anyone is railed on all the time it is their own fault. Folks need to act like their age and not their shoe size.
OK. I'll bite. How is it my fault? Besides being foolish enough to defend myself. Be specific.
I did not say that. I won't bite.

I hope the admins nuke this thread. We don't need coaching rumors for our players to read (yes our players read this board).

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:43 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:31 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I have not at all. I just saw someone else said so. That is why I said if. I only looked at this thread to see if there was any legit rumors. Everyone needs to grow up and let's talk football. If it is not football related take it to a non football section. I would think the Admins could move a thread if it goes away. Honestly, this thread should be nuked anyway. We don't need rumors on here.
That's why I started this thread and then it turned into let's see how many of us can bash NewApp.
Until there is actual evidence I don't think it helps with coaching rumors on here. I saw we had a player decommit. I'm not sure why but stuff like that should be talked about. I don't care about who is bashing who. Everyone just needs to stop and grow up. Nobody here is a victim and if anyone is railed on all the time it is their own fault. Folks need to act like their age and not their shoe size.
OK. I'll bite. How is it my fault? Besides being foolish enough to defend myself. Be specific.

I hope the admins nuke this thread. We don't need coaching rumors for our players to read (yes our players read this board).
I guess I got the lines mixed up. At any rate, that statement is what got this whole thread bouncing. Said by two or three other posters, yet the cronies decided to attack me. Go figure.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:45 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:43 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

I guess I got the lines mixed up. At any rate, that statement is what got this whole thread bouncing. Said by two or three other posters, yet the cronies decided to attack me. Go figure.
I get why people care but I don't see any smoke to Drink leaving. Sure he has done an interview but we pretty much knew last year Satt was going to Louisville. Unless I see his name popping up on Arkansas or Ole Miss as the lead candidate and see media stories then I'm 90% sure he is coming back. No reason to worry about that.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Yep. Satterfield interviewed almost every year for various reasons.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:54 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:49 pm
Practice makes perfect.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:58 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:54 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:49 pm
Practice makes perfect.
LOL. Finally worked.
Google SUX

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:11 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Hopefully the players get enjoyment from the bunny trails like I do...
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:01 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:11 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Hopefully the players get enjoyment from the bunny trails like I do...
Hopefully :lol:

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:06 am

They are entertained:

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:48 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:19 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 pm
appdaze wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 pm
appdaze wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:38 pm

I'm guessing you have forgotten or ignored the decade + of insults, ignorance, absurd, and downright disrespectful stuff he has said on various forums all while representing App? People have been calling him out for roughly 15-20 years now.

Going to the same university does not entitle someone to not be called out on their BS.

If you go back through this thread and click on that link about him pretending he wasn't NewApp you will see that all the way back in 2013 I was already trying to not hammer him so much but he apparently can't help himself with his comments. Normally I would agree with you, but this is the internet, and he 100% brings it on himself. Last I heard he never did meet Greg in the parking lot of Foodlion in Mountain City. Greg requested a meeting. That was years ago now.

While I didn't quote it, I agree with what Appstatealum just said. I also agree that he enjoys it and enjoys getting the pitty posts.
Umm, I was just following lead of posters like you.
Sorry man, you've been doing this long before I ever started posting on App forums and the good majority of the threads where these types of things have occurred were started and egged on by you. Stop pointing the finger at anyone and everyone but the origin of all these issues, yourself.
Umm. I can't take your posts seriously without having to try to see through the haze of hate. Yours and a couple others' posts are so transparent in this regard.
Hate? No. You're not a jawjaw suthin fan so I don't hate you.

Annoyance? Yes. You've never been wrong, you belittle everything, you throw personal attacks, and you think everything said is against you.

I doubt anybody hates you. It's a dang message board. I bet most, if not all, would offer to share a beverage and food at their tailgate. It's just how you come off on the message board. Doesn't mean that's how you are personally.

If you cant take a little jabbing on a message board, that's a personal issue. But again, it's not just a few people that feel this way. It's a large majority on this board. Heck, I've had in person conversations with strangers about the board and your name comes up.

Now knowing you're older (judging by the 51 year old son), I don't think it's intentional, but it is how you come off.

Don't take it so personal. Nobody hates you. Take it with a grain of salt, throw the jabs back in a less aggressive way, and all will be good.
Never been wrong? I have admitted being wrong more than anyone else on this board..by far. Belittle everything? Only time I belittle is when someone attacks a coach, player, or administrator. Personal attacks? Only when one is leveled at me or someone else on this board. Everything against me? Only when I get ganged up on especially when some of the responders haven't even read the whole posts leading up to the disagreement.

And to the Greg thing mentioned by another poster....the parking lot thing was a joke. We met later at one of the MMB'ers tailgates. First thing he did was shake my hand and hug me.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:08 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:48 am
Never been wrong? I have admitted being wrong more than anyone else on this board..by far. Belittle everything? Only time I belittle is when someone attacks a coach, player, or administrator. Personal attacks? Only when one is leveled at me or someone else on this board. Everything against me? Only when I get ganged up on especially when some of the responders haven't even read the whole posts leading up to the disagreement.

You just proved everything I mentioned with this post...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:34 pm

An Arkansas fan summed this up nicely. Jimmy Sexton holds the cards for both Norvell and Kiffin. He is in a position of power between FSU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. This is why you continue to see rumors of Kiffin to Ole Miss, Norvell to FSU, and whomever to Arkansas.

If he can put Lane as having interest in Ole Miss, it ups the ante for Arkansas. Meanwhile, he's playing Norvell to Ole Miss up to get more out of FSU. Neither Kiffin nor Norvell are going to Ole Miss. Ole Miss is going to end up with Napier, most likely.

"I wouldn’t say they are “after” him.. Sexton Has Norvell slow playing Ole Miss, they really want him.. Norvell likes the FSU job, so Sexton has the back up job for Norvell at Ole Miss.. they will pay more for Norvell than Kiffin.. Sexton has now put Kiffin into play at Ole Miss so we pay more for Kiffin.. The baggage of Kiffin’s they talk about, and are hesitiant about is Kiffin’s Brother.. it’s all a numbers game.."

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:38 pm

To add on to Kiffin to Arkansas, they've reached a point of discussing money, as I stated previously. All of the "rumors" you see are simply Jimmy Sexton suggesting his client holds leverage because he has interest elsewhere, nothing more, nothing less.

According NBC affiliate WBTV (West Palm Beach, FL), Arkansas gave a starting offer of $3.5 mm per year. Clearly, Lane is going to want more, and likely will get more, than that opening offer. An agreement was reached in principal and from there its essentially known that a single broker is holding the cards for most coaches available to the Southern schools.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:12 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:08 pm
NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:48 am

You just proved everything I mentioned with this post...

Oh really? Where and how? Then I'm done with this 20 against 1 piss fight.
Google SUX

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Children, please!

Santa is watching this thread.......

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:58 pm

PoplarHillApp wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:33 pm
Children, please!

Santa is watching this thread.......
He's not coming to my house this year anyway. I've been naughty.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”