Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Rumors

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Rumors

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:03 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:59 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm
appst89 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:32 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:21 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:02 am
Crossed a line? I'm serious - what line has it crossed? It probably no longer belongs in the football forum, but there's been no inflammatory attacks, no personal threats. It's evolved into a goofy thread, like so many others. Truth be told, it's probably keeping a lot of off topic comments out of other threads, so it's serving a purpose.
Totally agree except it DID cross the line a long time ago. Mods...delete the H3LL out of this thread. I am slowly but surely being pushed or dragged out of App Nation. I know, "don't let the door hit me in the butt on the way out." I assure you it won't.
I think you're just looking for something to be offended about. You knew where this was going to go when you started it. I even asked you if you were sure you wanted to go down that rabbit hole. You bring this on yourself.

If a message board can change your allegiance, then it was never very strong to begin with.
Wrong. I didn't start it. I simply started with reminding everyone that other fans, recruiters, and athletes read these threads and that they use this coach changing discussions against us. Two or three others started the d--- Cline bull crap.

The Cline crappola started well before your and my rabbit hole comment.

As to my allegiance, I was a season ticket holder for years even though I got to use very few of them while I was coaching in those days and those were the days you couldn't even give away spares to save your life. I haven't missed a game one way or the other..radio, TV, internet, in person, etc in 20 years. When I was in administration, I hired many many App alumni into my county positions. I have helped many kids choose App over other schools when I was in coaching and teaching. One of my life insurance policies has the ASU Foundation as beneficiary. What else would prove my allegiance?

Being insulted and ridiculed endlessly on here won't change my allegiance and attendance Nothing can. But my monetary support, yes. My choosing of friends, yes. Why you take up for the cronies and creeps, I'll never know except you are of the opinion that I bring it on myself. If that is true, it is only in defending myself.
Why would this board change your mind for monetary support to app?
Not the board, but the hate and spite as well as lack of support and the fact that I have NO friends on here. If I truly bring it on myself then as I said , nothing I can do about it. Fortunately, I have more friends than I can send Christmas cards to :D in my personal, neigborhood, church, and civic life.
Too, my other alma mater needs the money more and they steer most of their donations to the academic and campus aspects ..which I admire. They are only D-2.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:13 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:53 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:46 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm
Being insulted and ridiculed endlessly on here won't change my allegiance and attendance Nothing can. But my monetary support, yes. My choosing of friends, yes. Why you take up for the cronies and creeps, I'll never know except you are of the opinion that I bring it on myself. If that is true, it is only in defending myself.
You are the ONLY person on here that doesn't think you bring it on yourself. Perhaps, really you are the issue? If only one out of say 40 active posters are saying that, the minority probably isn't right. You may not mean to bring it on yourself, but you definitely do. Again, the intent may not be there, but the way you write and the things you say are the reason for it.
Perhaps you are right. If so, I don't fit into the App Nation if this board is representative. BTW, several have agreed with me via notifications. They just don't like piss fights I suppose.But que sera sera You've (you and 89) have convinced me.
I have not defended anyone. I have simply pointed out my perceptions. So, please do not try to place blame on me for anything you decide to do. Your decisions are yours and yours alone.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:14 pm

You guys who find it necessary to attack and insult another App guy on this board should offer to meet up with him personally at a game and fling your crap man to man. Hiding behind an internet persona is kind of chicken sheet if you ask me. If you don't like his opinion on subject matters just let it go. These endless back and forth jabs gets old.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Through my job, I have interacted and developed business and personal relationships with thousands of people. Through that, I've gotten good at picking up on who people are even through limited interactions. NewApp, I really feel like you enjoy these back and forths and the sympathy you can get by getting upset about it. I honestly have no disdain for you and find these "inter-cabin bickering" good comedy and a welcomed break to the sometimes tense sports talk. I honestly would buy you a beer and would enjoy talking football with you if we ever crossed paths at the bar, and I know a lot of others would too. In fact, as App family, I'd do that with a lot of the guys on here (even the ones who have attacked me at times). I have more heated debates with my blood relatives about sports than I do on here. In fact, I shut down the elder loud mouthed uncle of one of my wife's aunt after he decided to run his mouth about Cam Newton and had no idea what he was talking about at Thanksgiving last week. I love a good sports debate and I don't mind some ribbing about personalities and stuff as long as I can honestly take it and laugh it off because I know it's true.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:30 pm

I started enjoying life a lot more when I quit taking everything so seriously. I love my good Lord, I love my family, and I love all things Appalachian State. I take those things very serious.... The rest is just life "fluff".
The Appalachian State

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:38 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:14 pm
You guys who find it necessary to attack and insult another App guy on this board should offer to meet up with him personally at a game and fling your crap man to man. Hiding behind an internet persona is kind of chicken sheet if you ask me. If you don't like his opinion on subject matters just let it go. These endless back and forth jabs gets old.
I'm guessing you have forgotten or ignored the decade + of insults, ignorance, absurd, and downright disrespectful stuff he has said on various forums all while representing App? People have been calling him out for roughly 15-20 years now.

Going to the same university does not entitle someone to not be called out on their BS.

If you go back through this thread and click on that link about him pretending he wasn't NewApp you will see that all the way back in 2013 I was already trying to not hammer him so much but he apparently can't help himself with his comments. Normally I would agree with you, but this is the internet, and he 100% brings it on himself. Last I heard he never did meet Greg in the parking lot of Foodlion in Mountain City. Greg requested a meeting. That was years ago now.

While I didn't quote it, I agree with what Appstatealum just said. I also agree that he enjoys it and enjoys getting the pitty posts.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:45 pm

I don't mind a heated sports debate but nobody is going to make them appear to be a victim with me and those who play childish games don't get replies from me. I have no clue about anyone's heart but I do know that some of the fights I have seen on hear about feelings and some of his comments come off as someone who is 13 or 14 years old.

We are adults and everyone should act like it. It is one thing to present info, debate something serious, and have fun but there is no need for childish drama. Can't everyone getting into pissing contests just stop? If he posts what you think is a needless thread and it has comments about wanting pity then just ignore it and don't engage. People who like the pity party stuff will eventually stop and grow up or go away if you don't fan those flames.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm

New App - just some friendly advice. Don't respond when you're being called out, it'll help to avoid the pissing wars and save you a lot of headache and heartache. Eventually people will quit doing it when the argument doesn't continue. It's not easy, but it's like I always told my kids, if you don't feed the animals, they'll quit messing with you. Doesn't matter who the offended or offender is, that'll neutralize it. I know, easier said than done.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:14 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:27 pm
Through my job, I have interacted and developed business and personal relationships with thousands of people. Through that, I've gotten good at picking up on who people are even through limited interactions. NewApp, I really feel like you enjoy these back and forths and the sympathy you can get by getting upset about it. I honestly have no disdain for you and find these "inter-cabin bickering" good comedy and a welcomed break to the sometimes tense sports talk. I honestly would buy you a beer and would enjoy talking football with you if we ever crossed paths at the bar, and I know a lot of others would too. In fact, as App family, I'd do that with a lot of the guys on here (even the ones who have attacked me at times). I have more heated debates with my blood relatives about sports than I do on here. In fact, I shut down the elder loud mouthed uncle of one of my wife's aunt after he decided to run his mouth about Cam Newton and had no idea what he was talking about at Thanksgiving last week. I love a good sports debate and I don't mind some ribbing about personalities and stuff as long as I can honestly take it and laugh it off because I know it's true.
You couldn't be more wrong. I get pissed, insulted and turned off to the whole clickish board. Since when in hell have I gotten any sympathy from anyone?
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm
New App - just some friendly advice. Don't respond when you're being called out, it'll help to avoid the pissing wars and save you a lot of headache and heartache. Eventually people will quit doing it when the argument doesn't continue. It's not easy, but it's like I always told my kids, if you don't feed the animals, they'll quit messing with you. Doesn't matter who the offended or offender is, that'll neutralize it. I know, easier said than done.
Good advice and I'll keep it in mind. It's just that I've always been taught to defend myself.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:16 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:45 pm
I don't mind a heated sports debate but nobody is going to make them appear to be a victim with me and those who play childish games don't get replies from me. I have no clue about anyone's heart but I do know that some of the fights I have seen on hear about feelings and some of his comments come off as someone who is 13 or 14 years old.

We are adults and everyone should act like it. It is one thing to present info, debate something serious, and have fun but there is no need for childish drama. Can't everyone getting into pissing contests just stop? If he posts what you think is a needless thread and it has comments about wanting pity then just ignore it and don't engage. People who like the pity party stuff will eventually stop and grow up or go away if you don't fan those flames.
ROFLMBO!! You couldn't be more wrong. Apparently you haven't been reading my responses.
Google SUX

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:24 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:14 pm
appstatealum wrote:
You couldn't be more wrong. I get pissed, insulted and turned off to the whole clickish board. Since when in hell have I gotten any sympathy from anyone?
Well, you just said that you had people reaching out to you via PMs. Regardless, I don’t know you, so I can only base what I think off of your posts over the last 15 years or so. I always thought you were a younger guy who had this online persona that liked to mess with people. I respect that you are saying I am wrong, but a small part of me will think that that is just you continuing the charade. I would never attack you, but I’ll continue to enjoy your “tendencies” and the responses they get in the Cabin, regardless of their intent.
The Appalachian State

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:43 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:24 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:14 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Well, you just said that you had people reaching out to you via PMs. Regardless, I don’t know you, so I can only base what I think off of your posts over the last 15 years or so. I always thought you were a younger guy who had this online persona that liked to mess with people. I respect that you are saying I am wrong, but a small part of me will think that that is just you continuing the charade. I would never attack you, but I’ll continue to enjoy your “tendencies” and the responses they get in the Cabin, regardless of their intent.
Nope. Not a younger guy. One who sent a son to App who is now 51 years old. Am now raising an adopted son whom I got at 6 mo old. We travel several times a year to App games, listen on the radio, watch on TV, and on ESPN+. He loves App and wants to attend there to begin a path to becoming a game warden.
As I have said many times NewApp meant we were a new Appalachian entering FBS.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 pm

appdaze wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:38 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
I'm guessing you have forgotten or ignored the decade + of insults, ignorance, absurd, and downright disrespectful stuff he has said on various forums all while representing App? People have been calling him out for roughly 15-20 years now.

Going to the same university does not entitle someone to not be called out on their BS.

If you go back through this thread and click on that link about him pretending he wasn't NewApp you will see that all the way back in 2013 I was already trying to not hammer him so much but he apparently can't help himself with his comments. Normally I would agree with you, but this is the internet, and he 100% brings it on himself. Last I heard he never did meet Greg in the parking lot of Foodlion in Mountain City. Greg requested a meeting. That was years ago now.

While I didn't quote it, I agree with what Appstatealum just said. I also agree that he enjoys it and enjoys getting the pitty posts.
Umm, I was just following lead of posters like you.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:49 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:16 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

ROFLMBO!! You couldn't be more wrong. Apparently you haven't been reading my responses.
I have not at all. I just saw someone else said so. That is why I said if. I only looked at this thread to see if there was any legit rumors. Everyone needs to grow up and let's talk football. If it is not football related take it to a non football section. I would think the Admins could move a thread if it goes away. Honestly, this thread should be nuked anyway. We don't need rumors on here.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:53 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:49 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I have not at all. I just saw someone else said so. That is why I said if. I only looked at this thread to see if there was any legit rumors. Everyone needs to grow up and let's talk football. If it is not football related take it to a non football section. I would think the Admins could move a thread if it goes away. Honestly, this thread should be nuked anyway. We don't need rumors on here.
That's why I started this thread and then it turned into let's see how many of us can bash NewApp.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:53 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

That's why I started this thread and then it turned into let's see how many of us can bash NewApp.
Until there is actual evidence I don't think it helps with coaching rumors on here. I saw we had a player decommit. I'm not sure why but stuff like that should be talked about. I don't care about who is bashing who. Everyone just needs to stop and grow up. Nobody here is a victim and if anyone is railed on all the time it is their own fault. Folks need to act like their age and not their shoe size.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:03 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:53 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Until there is actual evidence I don't think it helps with coaching rumors on here. I saw we had a player decommit. I'm not sure why but stuff like that should be talked about. I don't care about who is bashing who. Everyone just needs to stop and grow up. Nobody here is a victim and if anyone is railed on all the time it is their own fault. Folks need to act like their age and not their shoe size.
OK. I'll bite. How is it my fault? Besides being foolish enough to defend myself. Be specific.
Google SUX

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 pm
appdaze wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

Sorry man, you've been doing this long before I ever started posting on App forums and the good majority of the threads where these types of things have occurred were started and egged on by you. Stop pointing the finger at anyone and everyone but the origin of all these issues, yourself.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 pm

appdaze wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 pm
appdaze wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

Sorry man, you've been doing this long before I ever started posting on App forums and the good majority of the threads where these types of things have occurred were started and egged on by you. Stop pointing the finger at anyone and everyone but the origin of all these issues, yourself.
Umm. I can't take your posts seriously without having to try to see through the haze of hate. Yours and a couple others' posts are so transparent in this regard.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”